Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If Diagon is open, it may push me towards going. I still haven't visited, and this would be a great way to get everything done with one visit. The only other ride I haven't been on is Transformers. I can pretty much skip the rest.

For stay and scream the hold the diagon people on the bridge and let duff people go first. Granted it doesn't matter much. I was second person in Halloween and then got back in line walk so they were able to cycle all the people waiting in both areas in the time it took me to go through.

From Twitter:

CMSkZOmUsAAfze1.jpg

Yay for gringotts, yay for scream being leaked and yay for video number 2. The twitter message basically said "sorry for the wait, more announcements soon". Also I don't want to get back on this subject again but it makes me so frustrated TWD is before every IP in the promotional stuff with the biggest logo. How the heck Insidious, scream and Freddy vs friggin Jason is taking a backseat to it is unbelievable to me. In the leaked photo insidious isn't even there lol

Um..Walking Dead is probably the strongest horror IP in the country right now. Marketing is just doing there job. Correctly.

It's an insanely popular drama (with horror elements) being leveraged as straight "horror." Good on marketing for taking advantage, sure, but it does beg the question of what happens when they can't rely on a pop culture phenomenon.

The pic looks like it's from Blizzard.

Yay for gringotts, yay for scream being leaked and yay for video number 2. The twitter message basically said "sorry for the wait, more announcements soon". Also I don't want to get back on this subject again but it makes me so frustrated TWD is before every IP in the promotional stuff with the biggest logo. How the heck Insidious, scream and Freddy vs friggin Jason is taking a backseat to it is unbelievable to me. In the leaked photo insidious isn't even there lol
There's probably a pretty good reason why one of those is taking a back seat to TWD...

Reactions: JungleSkip
There's probably a pretty good reason why one of those is taking a back seat to TWD...

This reads as either A) the design team knows a house is going to be mediocre or B) Insidious just isn't much of an actual draw, especially after Insidious 3 underperformed (though it does make for good HHN house fodder).

Last year, I used Lucy and Finn's S&S locations. Lucy allowed us into FDTD and Finn's let us into AvP. What were the advantages to the other S&S locations? I remember being told that I couldn't do it in Springfield last year because that was for passholders only.

I dunno about strongest in the country, but it's by far the strongest IP HHN has.

Can you name another horror based TV show that brings in the same type of ratings?

In comparison to what's been announced...there hasn't been a Freddy or Jason movie in years. The characters are iconic for sure, but they arent' on TV nor Films currently.

Insidious is a cult horror film franchise, it does not have the same pull as you may think.

TO BE CLEAR...my point isn't about how you personally feel about Walking Dead, nor about how many times they have had a Walking Dead house at HHN. It's simply that this is a very, very, popular IP...and continues to be. It would be silly for the UOR marketing team NOT to put it front and center.

Personally, I still like the show, and as I mentioned I don't go to HHN every year, so I don't get nearly as upset as some of you folks about it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Can you name another horror based TV show that brings in the same type of ratings?

In comparison to what's been announced...there hasn't been a Freddy or Jason movie in years. The characters are iconic for sure, but they arent' on TV nor Films currently.

Insidious is a cult horror film franchise, it does not have the same pull as you may think.

TO BE CLEAR...my point isn't about how you personally feel about Walking Dead, nor about how many times they have had a Walking Dead house at HHN. It's simply that this is a very, very, popular IP...and continues to be. It would be silly for the UOR marketing team NOT to put it front and center.

Personally, I still like the show, and as I mentioned I don't go to HHN every year, so I don't get nearly as upset as some of you folks about it.

I totally missed "horror" in your original post. My bad. Thought you had said it was the strongest IP period.

Was wondering if an Evil Dead house would appear this year considering the new show they are doing. Of course, Deadites are basically Zombies..so they may not want two zombie houses.

They did 2 years ago.:lol:

ha ha...sorry, haven't been paying attention as you can tell.

The house they did two years ago must have been themed with that awful reboot they made. Hopefully a Evil Dead house featuring Bruce Campbell would be a little more humorous. Like That Penn and Teller house a few years back.