Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2015

Then that must mean Blood Asylum went under the knife for whatever the one (...) new house is.

Yeah, I don't know. The icon looks a little too... sexy? The video started with a lot of promise but fell to the inevitable, stupid "jump" scare.

The house should be good though.

That's a big problem I've always had with HOS, the sex appeal. They haven't been doing it in recent years but there was a time with the model vampires, raven twins and my ex where it was just "sexy monsters" and it didn't work at all. Hopefully they aren't getting into that again

Add me to the list that was underwhelmed by this, while I can imagine the house will be interesting...however I feel this doesn't fit into the whole "Unearthed" build up they were doing. Seriously, if you're unearthing something, you unearth a lovecraftian abomination or catacombs. Just sayin'.

That's a big problem I've always had with HOS, the sex appeal. They haven't been doing it in recent years but there was a time with the model vampires, raven twins and my ex where it was just "sexy monsters" and it didn't work at all. Hopefully they aren't getting into that again

I enjoyed The Raven Twins..The My Ex year was aimed at middle schoolers

When it comes to the whole "Sexy Monsters", for me themselves arn't the issue, but how they're incorperated.
Raven Twins - Interesting idea, but absolutely a waste of characters since as far as I recall they just had a cameo in Trapped in the Walls which made no sense.

House of Vayne - I loved pretty much everything about this concept, though I wish they had their own unique house. Though admittedly, they had cameos in Taste of Blood which was vampire themed so it was a better fit then the Raven Twins, that and they did have the little runway show.

My X - They were on the right track with having a unique house for the icon, even though the house was nothing to write home about. However I will say they were really clever by having the My X concert since that did a bang up job at incorperating the icon into the event, admittedly more so then other icons the event has had.

Now for Ms. Scarlett, she feels tossed in at the last moment so I'm expecting she'll be relevent only to her house and nothing else. I think the only reason she's the face of things is because she's the only new thing the event is offering this year.

......what? The event is less than a month away and now they're letting fans pick the icon? What about marketing, merch and commercials? That and all those icons suck lol, this is a mess lol

......what? The event is less than a month away and now they're letting fans pick the icon? What about marketing, merch and commercials? That and all those icons suck lol, this is a mess lol

It's for a photo op. Nothing more. The main icon is Scarlett.

hos_logo3.gif

I vote F.E.A.R, now that is a real throw back

Haven't actually been to HOS as a guests since 2012 (I worked as an actor in 2013). It just doesn't change enough. Wouldn't be a huge problem, but there's a world class Halloween event in Orlando and a new haunt north of Tampa rated #1 new haunt in the US that looks to be better than HOS this year (Scream-a-geddon).

If I have to give HOS anything, it's that the actors actually know how to scare and they actually teach you, unlike Universal. Universal has grown so large, they basically take anyone as long as you fit what they are looking for, so the scares just aren't as good these days.

Looking into going. It would be the 24th and I would do the fright feast. Never been before and sorry for all the questions but How bad are saturdays? will I be able to do all the houses and possibly falcons fury and cheetah hunt? And what are the usual wait times there since I have no gauge of what to expect?

Saturdays are always the busiest out of the weekend. Since you're going the week before Halloween, that will likely be the busiest night of the season. Wait times are going to be around at least an hour soon after the event kicks off. The times usually go down around 11-12 and most houses by then are no longer than 20 minutes. Make Zombie Containment Unit the first thing you do because it is the only house not available on a Fear Pass, should you choose to get one, and can easily reach wait times of 150 minutes. After that, work your way around the park counterclockwise and you should be able to get everything in that night, especially if you're going for the feast and can get a head start on the rides.

Looking into going. It would be the 24th and I would do the fright feast. Never been before and sorry for all the questions but How bad are saturdays? will I be able to do all the houses and possibly falcons fury and cheetah hunt? And what are the usual wait times there since I have no gauge of what to expect?

If you do Fright Feast, you should be able to hit all the houses as long as you are quick with getting to each house. During the half hour between when they let you out and the event "opening", they don't let in any non-Fright Feast guests into the houses. Don't start with Zombie Mortuary as that is where most of the Fright Feast guests go first, which clogs that line up early. Start with Zombie Containment Unit as that house easily has the highest waits of all the houses. If you go from house-to-house, you can probably get most if not all the houses done using the Fright Feast FoL pass. Rides are another story and you will probably be waiting in long lines for them, especially Cheetah Hunt. Should be manageable though if you are doing Fright Feast.