UOR Announcement/Info After D23? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

UOR Announcement/Info After D23?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
:lol: I would not be surprised. That's when the city should present the paperwork where they opted out of the project and make the case Disney chooses to not support local progressive project due to own personal monopolistic interest.
Exactly, if Disney was to opt out of a project for all intents and purposes (it's not like they weren't invited along for the ride), then they have no (non-corrupt) ground to stand on if a rail was built that bypassed WDW.

:lol: I would not be surprised. That's when the city should present the paperwork where they opted out of the project and make the case Disney chooses to not support local progressive project due to own personal monopolistic interest.

If it were that easy, there would have been movement. :lol:

Everyone should take a look at the I-4 Express project documents when it comes to this topic (rail stops). The I-4 Express (Kirkman to US 27 part of the larger I-4 project) has ROW for two tracks of rail in the median, and a station is marked in the big median split of I-4 near World Dr. with highway crossovers from the terminal in the median to the station proper on the north side of I-4 on RCID/Disney property. That rail is coming directly from the airport with the only other station that I can see at the OCCC. Anything serving Universal directly should be unaffected by Disney (as it would be a separate project) apart from any behind the scenes lobbying they do with state or federal legislators in terms of restrictions on what funds can be used for, or if they're even given. If that happens, I expect the Florida political media would blow that open, and the local politicians would screech to high heaven and get it to happen anyway.

If we're talking about a project involving just Orlando than WDW shouldn't be an issue to exclude as it isn't in Orlando, Orange County would be different issue. Also RCID recently purchased the ROW for I-4 through the district. I think this was primarily to facilitate the DTD ramp, but I would think this gives them a lot more control over anything happening on that part of I-4.

UPDATED: So this rant was completely unnecessary because those plans in the link are from the old government funded project that was put down by Rick Scott.

Last edited:
UPDATED: So this rant was completely unnecessary because those plans in the link are from the old government funded project that was put down by Rick Scott.

What? If you look at the dates on everything, they're very recent, some from just a few months ago, with public hearings and presentations from meetings from late last year. The I-4 Express project is still very much alive and kicking from everything I've seen, but Ultimate I-4 is the priority, and the rest from Kirkman to US 27 and beyond will happen after that's finished, or nearly so (Tampa is looking likely to start to add their express lanes in the next 5 years). The rail portion lines up with what's planned for the MCO to OCCC link. Unless you were talking about something else?

But really, this is for another thread. Back to Universal potentially upstaging the D23 announcements.

Reactions: Disneyhead
What? If you look at the dates on everything, they're very recent, some from just a few months ago, with public hearings and presentations from meetings from late last year. The I-4 Express project is still very much alive and kicking from everything I've seen, but Ultimate I-4 is the priority, and the rest from Kirkman to US 27 and beyond will happen after that's finished, or nearly so (Tampa is looking likely to start to add their express lanes in the next 5 years). The rail portion lines up with what's planned for the MCO to OCCC link. Unless you were talking about something else?

But really, this is for another thread. Back to Universal potentially upstaging the D23 announcements.
That may be hard. Disney just confirmed Star Wars Land for DHS.

Hard to believe, but I'm not sure Universal can top Disney on this announcement right now. Unless they announce the rest of the MSHI revamp with an Avengers ride. I'm not sure even Nintendo details will top Star Wars right now.