Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hm, a bit 'cost-effective' to reuse those rusted metal backdrops for the posters. I would have preferred the entrance to be themed just like the lovely 25th logo (which I thought would be larger). Given how USJ literally goes all-out to adorn their archways (they have TWO that are always spectacularly themed), this seems... lazy?

I guess I just have expensive taste. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Clive
Hm, a bit 'cost-effective' to reuse those rusted metal backdrops for the posters. I would have preferred the entrance to be themed just like the lovely 25th logo (which I thought would be larger). Given how USJ literally goes all-out to adorn their archways (they have TWO that are always spectacularly themed), this seems... lazy?

I guess I just have expensive taste. :rolleyes:

I'm also very disappointed in this. What happened to the crazy elaborate arches? Now we get this..

Yesssss just yesssssss. The archway looks awesome this year, hopefully they blast carnival rock music

Sarcastic?

I'm also very disappointed in this. What happened to the crazy elaborate arches? Now we get this..

Sarcastic?
Oh no I'm not being sarcastic at all, I think it looks awesome. I agree they could've gone a bit father with the circus theme but whatever it's just the archway. Just one of those things you literally walk right under

Oh no I'm not being sarcastic at all, I think it looks awesome. I agree they could've gone a bit father with the circus theme but whatever it's just the archway. Just one of those things you literally walk right under

Well, sort of.

In 2009 the arch was the actual Universal Palace Theater so the story of us entering into The Usher's world began right there, outside the event, with us walking into the theater past The Usher's and the ticket booth itself with The Usher himself inside. It was an amazing and subtle way to convey the story and make us entering the event itself memorable.

Reactions: Clive and Cole
I'm nervous. There are no rooms available on any of the onsite hotels during the first two weekends of Horror Nights!!!!

Edit...

Okay this is wack. I called universal and during HHN they require a minimum of a two night stay. So I cant stay onsite from Saturday to Sunday. Everyone in our party works 5 days a week so we cant do 2 nights. LAME

I know this situation stinks but this is something Universal has been doing for a few years now that I can recall

I know this situation stinks but this is something Universal has been doing for a few years now that I can recall

Yup. I've even been forced into 3 nights vs 2 just to stay on-site one weekend. Made an extremely early departure Monday morning.

Again, the entrance to a place seriously sets the mood - it is, overall, the first impression we get of the event. I know the lighting will be cool, and I know the music will be cool, but the visuals are seriously lacking. It's not even a 3D sign under the arch... And this is their 25th anniversary.

Reactions: Clive
Again, the entrance to a place seriously sets the mood - it is, overall, the first impression we get of the event. I know the lighting will be cool, and I know the music will be cool, but the visuals are seriously lacking. It's not even a 3D sign under the arch... And this is their 25th anniversary.

Ironically, the first "weak" arch entrance was for HHNXX -- really just the sign and some lighting. HHN22's wasn't bad, though.

This is weak. Can't wait for people to call us haters on Twitter. ;)

Reactions: violarum