Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The best we can hope for are a bunch of cool cameos within the ride. Hoping for lots of SNL/Second City cast appearances.

Does it seem strange to anyone else they're building an attraction where the experience is racing through NYC, yet any of us on the east coast can do this easily? Hell, I've had to race through NYC twice this year already.

So, it this a transformers situation where they are completely rebuilding...or are they just knocking out a couple walls to expand outward?

I don't think they'll knock down any of the walls of the main building. But they'll need to do stuff on the outside for façade/queue

Right. As I have stated before... an Alabama Spotted Skink told me that a few vertical support steel beams will be repositioned and that is about it. There was also something about parts of the roof being resurfaced/replaced...

The best we can hope for are a bunch of cool cameos within the ride. Hoping for lots of SNL/Second City cast appearances.

Does it seem strange to anyone else they're building an attraction where the experience is racing through NYC, yet any of us on the east coast can do this easily? Hell, I've had to race through NYC twice this year already.

That's probably not as crazy as DCA being in California.

Reactions: Ryan, Ash and Jon84

I've always wanted to go to New York, but haven't...I don't think it is weird

If you have raced through New York with Jimmy Fallon, then you are a lucky ducky..

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
How big is the redo of the Twister building going to be? The side that stuck out along the stage side is completely gone today, and the old aftermath gift shop was gutted (as well as part of the main sign and the tractor bits and bent light pole props outside the entrance. (no photos unfortunately) It seems a lot more extensive than I was thinking it would be.

How big is the redo of the Twister building going to be? The side that stuck out along the stage side is completely gone today, and the old aftermath gift shop was gutted (as well as part of the main sign and the tractor bits and bent light pole props outside the entrance. (no photos unfortunately) It seems a lot more extensive than I was thinking it would be.

The stick out part will be rebuilt in some fashion... I believe it will be a bit taller.

I have been saying for the past 6 months that the building will be gutted... not even a sign of the ghostbuster pit or anything. Gutted to a hollow shell and completely rebuilt. Please pass this info on so that I don't have to.

Any idea of how they will deal with Rockit going through the facade? I'm guessing the queue will basically follow the same route, would be weird going through a themed queue with rockit coming through it, unless they hide it from the inside. But maybe they might still be using that generic "hot set" theme for the first exterior hallway of the queue, like how it was with twister.

Also will Rockit ever have to go down for Fallon construction?

Any idea of how they will deal with Rockit going through the facade? I'm guessing the queue will basically follow the same route, would be weird going through a themed queue with rockit coming through it, unless they hide it from the inside.

Keep in mind that a relatively small part of the queue will be one story up.

Keep in mind that a relatively small part of the queue will be one story up.

That doesn't really fix the fact that rockit goes through the firehouse, and if they're not demolishing those facades that were to the left of the twister entrance, then the new queue will most likely follow that same route under rockit. I'm guessing the queue will be one story up when you get closer to the load

Last edited:
That doesn't really fix the fact that rockit goes through the firehouse, and if they're not demolishing those facades that were to the left of the twister entrance, then the new queue will most likely follow that same route under rockit. I'm guessing the queue will be one story up when you get closer to the load

Right. None of the facades that are next to and somewhat overlay the show building will be touched.

I've always wanted to go to New York, but haven't...I don't think it is weird

If you have raced through New York with Jimmy Fallon, then you are a lucky ducky..

I don't know...Jimmy has pretty bad luck when it comes to breaking bones. Might be unfortunate to actually Race Through NYC with him.

When you go to NYC, and you have somewhere to be, you'll end up racing to get there. Between the traffic, beautiful scenery, and bizarre sightings along the way, it's difficult to get anywhere on time. I typically get distracted taking it all in. Such wonderful chaos.