Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Current size of the water at IOA.
GWuLBtC.jpg

Current size of the water at US.
uzf0QmV.jpg

Something like this would add enough room for a ride the size of ET. It would allow a direct walk from the entrance of Beetlejuice to Kid Zone.
9uSFTWn.jpg
Though I'm on the side of don't cut the size of the lakes since I'm in favor of that ambiance, I'm glad you posted the acreage. I was always curious about that.

I would hate it if the shop was on the Side...the area in front of the stage. I would not ride the attraction even if it was the best one in the world. I'm sure I would hate it so much I would litterely do a boo boo in my pants.
Sure it's just a theme park but when I'm totally immerged, I'm totally immerged. I would look stupid doing my fake NY accent in a non NY themed area. No matter how limited the space, I live or die by theme consystency.
Remember T7DMT next to Ariel? I lost it, 7 days of violente diaria was the result.
You do realize that theme parks didn't get inter the "hyper-theming" game until Wizarding World of Harry Potter, right? If you, "live and die" by the theming, then I strongly urge you to never go to one of the best parks in the world, Disneyland. It's a mess theming wise, but all together, it creates something beautiful.

I would hate it if the shop was on the Side...the area in front of the stage. I would not ride the attraction even if it was the best one in the world. I'm sure I would hate it so much I would litterely do a boo boo in my pants.
Sure it's just a theme park but when I'm totally immerged, I'm totally immerged. I would look stupid doing my fake NY accent in a non NY themed area. No matter how limited the space, I live or die by theme consystency.
Remember T7DMT next to Ariel? I lost it, 7 days of violente diaria was the result.

I'm sorry.... what?

Reactions: Ryan and IzzyB
I worked on the ride and I'm with you that the building has more of Production Central feel than NYC, but technically is in NY according to park maps, maybe because it used to be GB before.... I know! it's dumb.
Not dumb. I think that is reasonable. If it's going to be flying through new york with Fallon, i want to be totally in new york as possible. Meaning entering and exciting through new york. I hope the exit isn't on the production central side

You do realize that theme parks didn't get inter the "hyper-theming" game until Wizarding World of Harry Potter, right? If you, "live and die" by the theming, then I strongly urge you to never go to one of the best parks in the world, Disneyland. It's a mess theming wise, but all together, it creates something beautiful.
[buzzer noise] "Oh, so sorry, that's the wrong answer. The correct answer is New Orleans Square in Disneyland. But thanks for playing. Don, tell him about the parting gifts!"

Reactions: *Q*
You know what I was getting at
Yeah.

We will just call Potter a renaissance of immersive theming. Disney seems to have forgotten how to do multilayered placemaking. They seem that if one aspect could fit, they are good to go. Intellectually, Avatar has ABSOLUTELY no business being in DAK and Frozen has ABSOLUTELY no business being a major attraction in World Showcase. If the theming requires one to turn their brains off to not get a bad case of cognitive dissonance. It's not well themed.

Yeah.

We will just call Potter a renaissance of immersive theming. Disney seems to have forgotten how to do multilayered placemaking. They seem that if one aspect could fit, they are good to go. Intellectually, Avatar has ABSOLUTELY no business being in DAK and Frozen has ABSOLUTELY no business being a major attraction in World Showcase. If the theming requires one to turn their brains off to not get a bad case of cognitive dissonance. It's not well themed.
I agree in full with the caviat of Avatar. I actually think you'd be hard pressed to find a better fit for the park. At least as far as IPs go.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Speaking about something, does anyone know why they aren't working on the exterior?

I'd have to assume its possibly relating on gutting the interior of the soundstage and then working on the outside, but who am I to judge.

Speaking about something, does anyone know why they aren't working on the exterior?

I'd have to assume its possibly relating on gutting the interior of the soundstage and then working on the outside, but who am I to judge.

No idea, but I would guess that perhaps KHS&S will get the exterior decor as they do precision architecture very well. They did the firehouse after it was ripped apart for Rocket and also did much of London

There is some major structural steel repositioning happening from what I can kinda sorta gather.

On another note, I believe the exit will be through the gift shop which will be on the left of the building (those with a great sense of compass, the northeast corner).

The entrance should be centerish or there about of the north side of the building.

They still have close to 2 years. That's probably why.

On another note, I believe the exit will be through the gift shop which will be on the left of the building (those with a great sense of compass, the northeast corner).

The entrance should be centerish or there about of the north side of the building.

Same exit & entrance as Twister?

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn