Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everyone should realize I am the biggest plant lover and tree hugger on this site, however CP has never made sense to me there in Hollywood. If I want peace I can walk a few extra feet to the Hard Rock gardens and lagoons which are far prettier.

You actually slept in an Orlando theme park???
:smile: Actually, quite a few times. I also have relaxed on the concrete walls in front of the JP Discovery Center.Great beautiful ambiance & scenery.It's a good way to recharge the batteries in the afternoon heat. There's lots of free time in the Universal parks when you have Hotel Express. And that's one of the main reasons I love Universal. I get to do a vacation the way it should be done, namely relax and do things at a leisurely pace. If I tried to do that at the WDW rat (Mouse) race, I'd probably end up being buried in a pile of double wide strollers. :lol:

Every good park needs a decent sized body of water. For example, look at DHS. The only body of water in the whole park is pretty tiny, possibly going away, and the park sucks.

Water also helps keep the parks a tad bit cooler and add a tiny sense of realism to parks filled with fantasy.
That's purely an opinion not fact though. So what's your point? Every park in the world could have some lagoon or lake doesn't mean it makes it a good park at all.

And what do you mean "Cooler" ? Temperature or style.

I'm assuming the ride system is unable to orient itself in a hanging style from the description. Is that correct?

The description introduction on the company website is kind of awkward in that it basically seems to be suggesting to prospective customers that the more impressive hanging theater systems provided by other companies are unnecessary. I definitely feel like hanging versus traditional theater seating arrangements create different experiences.

Definitely disappointed that this doesn't seem to be the higher thrill version of Soarin' set in New York that was being suggested (on top of the disappointment of an attraction centered around Fallon). At the very least, a Soarin' like ride would have helped to differentiate the attraction a bit with Minion only 100ft away. A "neutron" style experience would almost completely kill my interest in the project.
I so agree. If the ride system is anything like Jimmy it will be a disappointment.

That's purely an opinion not fact though. So what's your point? Every park in the world could have some lagoon or lake doesn't mean it makes it a good park at all.

And what do you mean "Cooler" ? Temperature or style.
temperature. Obviously in Florida it only gets so "cool", but think about DHS... it's a concrete wasteland and the heat just absorbs and has nowhere to go but sit there. It's sort of the same at DAK, even though there's a nice river, the dense amount of trees traps the heat in, which is why many claim DAK to be the hottest park.

Also, name me one great park in the world that doesn't have some sort of waterway.

temperature. Obviously in Florida it only gets so "cool", but think about DHS... it's a concrete wasteland and the heat just absorbs and has nowhere to go but sit there. It's sort of the same at DAK, even though there's a nice river, the dense amount of trees traps the heat in, which is why many claim DAK to be the hottest park.

Also, name me one great park in the world that doesn't have some sort of waterway.

I'm not about to debate an opinion over water in an amusment theme park with you.

Why is it any time anyone has a different opinion in here there has to be a debate about it?

He asked a question we all spoke our opinions and that was that. You think water areas make a park better go for it. No problem here.

In regards to the temperature being cool, no matter where bodies of water add to relative humidity in the atmosphere. So a temeperature might be cool but humidity sure defies that especially in Orlando. Concrete jungles do keep heat. I say if Universal can manage to add more pathway trees it would help in the heat.
Might be impossible to do but just a thought.

But back to Fallon.

I'm not about to debate an opinion over water in an amusment theme park with you.

Why is it any time anyone has a different opinion in here there has to be a debate about it?

He asked a question we all spoke our opinions and that was that. You think water areas make a park better go for it. No problem here.

In regards to the temperature being cool, no matter where bodies of water add to relative humidity in the atmosphere. So a temeperature might be cool but humidity sure defies that especially in Orlando. Concrete jungles do keep heat. I say if Universal can manage to add more pathway trees it would help in the heat.
Might be impossible to do but just a thought.

But back to Fallon.
You are taking this wayyyy too seriously. You're the only one that seems to want to debate it. It was an off-hand comment that you're blowing out of proportion.

Will the entrance location and exit location remain the same for this attraction? Or does the footprint change? Twister always seemed like it was in production central to me. Not sure if it was.

Curious to were we would enter and exit since it's dubbed new york themed.

Well seeing as i'm sitting here playing SW Battlefront paying little attention here and there between matches, yeah, I don't care. Pave over all the water, I honestly wouldn't give a damn. I have real things to worry about in life, you aren't even close to my list.

I'm done with this nonsensical conversation.

Well seeing as i'm sitting here playing SW Battlefront paying little attention here and there between matches, yeah, I don't care. Pave over all the water, I honestly wouldn't give a damn. I have real things to worry about in life, you aren't even close to my list.

I'm done with this nonsensical conversation.

Lol he agreed with you and ended it but you gotta have the last word. #America.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
The Shop. The shop led right to that little park or monsters cafe. Which monsters isn't NY i dont think. So i was wondering would the exit and entrance be more on the new york side.
I worked on the ride and I'm with you that the building has more of Production Central feel than NYC, but technically is in NY according to park maps, maybe because it used to be GB before.... I know! it's dumb.

Current size of the water at IOA.
GWuLBtC.jpg

Current size of the water at US.
uzf0QmV.jpg

Something like this would add enough room for a ride the size of ET. It would allow a direct walk from the entrance of Beetlejuice to Kid Zone.
9uSFTWn.jpg

I would hate it if the shop was on the Side...the area in front of the stage. I would not ride the attraction even if it was the best one in the world. I'm sure I would hate it so much I would litterely do a boo boo in my pants.
Sure it's just a theme park but when I'm totally immerged, I'm totally immerged. I would look stupid doing my fake NY accent in a non NY themed area. No matter how limited the space, I live or die by theme consystency.
Remember T7DMT next to Ariel? I lost it, 7 days of violente diaria was the result.