Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

My opinion may change when the show opens.. but as of right now after viewing the video I'm completely unimpressed with this show.

The water screens have always been my least favorite part of Fantasmic (really, it's why i'm not a Fantasmic fan) and that continued with World of Color but WoC had enough other elements to make it interesting for me..

This show seems to be going back to Fantasmic=type over reliance on the screens. I've seen the other boats, laterns, floats, etc.. in person and on the water and to me they just feel blah.

I'm hoping i'm wrong, but as of yet this show seems really dull.

I'm actually really excited about the show and the theme they are going for. Sounds like something peaceful and romantic over flash and dazzle.

I'm actually really excited about the show and the theme they are going for. Sounds like something peaceful and romantic over flash and dazzle.

If it's something like that I can see it being enjoyable but that's not how i've interpreted it so far. Also, the hosts remind me too much of the awful Dreamkeepers (or whatever they were called) from Tapestry of Dreams. Also, some of "Little Squirt" who was cut from World of Color. Like they cant resist "oh and you'll be guided by the spirit of... blah blah blah"

WDI needs a big sign that says "NO GUIDING GUESTS BY THE SPIRIT OF [XYZ] WHO BRINGS [ABC] TO LIFE."

I'm going to try to go on the 22nd for opening night, but unless I get a FP for it, I am fearing it will be virtually impossible to get a seat. And not just on that first weekend, but in general.

With a pretty small 5,000 capacity per show, this will likely be a FP only show.

I'm going to try to go on the 22nd for opening night, but unless I get a FP for it, I am fearing it will be virtually impossible to get a seat. And not just on that first weekend, but in general.

With a pretty small 5,000 capacity per show, this will likely be a FP only show.

If they don't introduce dinner/meal packages like they did with WoC I'll be shocked. Also, I don't remember how I got to see WoC during the first official guest show - but I did and left immediately after to hop on a plane. I think I may have pulled the "i'm an internet celebrity!" - because i don't recall having to put any effort into it, despite it being booked out.

Within a few months shows weren't that bad to get into though.

If they don't introduce dinner/meal packages like they did with WoC I'll be shocked. Also, I don't remember how I got to see WoC during the first official guest show - but I did and left immediately after to hop on a plane. I think I may have pulled the "i'm an internet celebrity!" - because i don't recall having to put any effort into it, despite it being booked out.

Within a few months shows weren't that bad to get into though.
WoC can accommodate thousands more per show than RoL will be able to though.

WoC can accommodate thousands more per show than RoL will be able to though.

You don't think they'll find an area to rope off like they did for WoC to cram standby and "orange" pass (or whatever color it turned out to be) guests?

I feel like the bridge between Nemo and Asia is just begging to be that area.

My opinion may change when the show opens.. but as of right now after viewing the video I'm completely unimpressed with this show.

The water screens have always been my least favorite part of Fantasmic (really, it's why i'm not a Fantasmic fan) and that continued with World of Color but WoC had enough other elements to make it interesting for me..

This show seems to be going back to Fantasmic=type over reliance on the screens. I've seen the other boats, laterns, floats, etc.. in person and on the water and to me they just feel blah.

I'm hoping i'm wrong, but as of yet this show seems really dull.

I was thinking the same thing. They never drained the lake so maybe thats why it wont be as grand as WOC. Seems like there wont be enough fountains by the teaser.

Also, they didnt show any use of characters which is disappointing. Would've liked to see Bambi, lion king, jungle book, etc. I know AK is more organic and realistic but using Disney characters within that show would've been appropriate.

We're over on 3rd May for a week, and we've already planned the week out so have limited time to try and fit this in.

I think we'll leave it till we are back for 2 weeks in November/December as I feel the first month or so will be chaos with FP+ availability, or standby queues

I was thinking the same thing. They never drained the lake so maybe thats why it wont be as grand as WOC. Seems like there wont be enough fountains by the teaser.

Also, they didnt show any use of characters which is disappointing. Would've liked to see Bambi, lion king, jungle book, etc. I know AK is more organic and realistic but using Disney characters within that show would've been appropriate.
I'm personally glad they aren't using Disney characters.

DAK's theme is Nature/Conservation and this should fit right in with that.

DAK is much more about environments than characters from stories, so this not having any characters in it is not really shocking and probably a good thing, im shocked the park will stay open to 11 without avatar

They never drained the lake for TDS' Fantaasmic and that was still grand.

DAK is much more about environments than characters from stories, so this not having any characters in it is not really shocking and probably a good thing, im shocked the park will stay open to 11 without avatar
That may change, who knows, but earliest they could possibly close in the summer months while doing a bare minimum of one showing for RoL would be 9. If they are doing 2 shows, 10:00. 3 shows and 10:30 is the earliest it can possibly close.

Also: I firmly believe AK at night is going to be a harder sell than Disney thinks, especially before Avatar opens.

I think the opposite, I believe it will sell itself.

My first ever trip to AK was 2008 when evening EMH were still in force. The park is truly stunning at night, not sure what it is but the atmosphere and ambiance at night really add to AK, Everest and Kali are totally different experiences at night, then factor in all the new night time offerings and you have something that should be really special.

Being able to do this park again at night with all new offerings will surly get those turnstiles clicking and I for one can't wait to see it all in May.

Disney get a lot of knocks, and rightly so,some off the things they have done in recent times beggars belief but credit where it's due on this one, I think AK is certainly heading in the right direction.

We're over on 3rd May for a week, and we've already planned the week out so have limited time to try and fit this in.

I think we'll leave it till we are back for 2 weeks in November/December as I feel the first month or so will be chaos with FP+ availability, or standby queues

See ya there buddy, I fly in on the 1st :clap: