Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

May 14, 2014
Seoul, Korea
On the site that must not be named, someone who tends to be credible with Disney info is reporting Marvel is coming to WDW for realz this time...so i guess our hopes for all those updates are back to being dead?

It's a rumor I've heard before at DCA, along with a GotG version of RnR. The fact Disney can't figure out how to create something new is hilariously sad and creatively bankrupt. It's so so so sad. And it'll probably cost $600 million.

That being said, I highly doubt this will happen. And if it does man I'll supply the popcorn and follow WDWRAH, BuenaVista28, Schmoofy, et all on twitter to see the response.

Based on who is saying it, it sounds like a done deal of going to happen. This leads to my question about Universal's response to this. Will they increase spending and upgrades in the Marvel land to counter Disney's horrible idea to show that they have Marvel and pull a larger marketshare?

Well when it comes to anything Marvel at WDW, GotG is really the only plausible IP due to the killer contract Uni made with Marvel.

If a GotG overlay was to happen, while as lazy as it would overall be, a overlay of RnRC would make the most sense. Get launched into space, play the Awesome Mix on the on board audio, it can easily fit.

Now this rumor of overlaying ToT...yet keeping the hotel theme from the 1930's. That's a new one in terms of insane things said on a Disney forum.

If (and that's a mighty big IF) this actually happens, this would easily take the cake as the dumbest overlay idea because it just doesn't make any lick of sense. (As much as SGE is one of the worst overlays, at least I could see the direction they were trying to go in.) However, there would be a teeny, tiny part of me that would be looking forward to it since it could be a spectacular trainwreck. It would hurt like hell because of what it's replacing, but I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off it.

But seriously, if you're gonna' do a overlay, the best ride to overlay for this IP is RnRC.

Based on who is saying it, it sounds like a done deal of going to happen. This leads to my question about Universal's response to this. Will they increase spending and upgrades in the Marvel land to counter Disney's horrible idea to show that they have Marvel and pull a larger marketshare?

1) Even if Disney does this, they can't market Marvel, so they're not going to change anything

2) Disney would be destroying one of their most iconic and beloved attractions. This would anger as many people as it would excite.

3) I think Universal would get a kick out of Disney cutting off its nose to spite its face.

Also... if this DOES happen... I'm pretty sure 90% of people will stop asking for full Marvel rights at WDW.

This is just dumb. I am hoping this is just a rumor that has no actual fact behind it, because this would be bad if Disney even actually considered this.