Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

I have a story for you all.

A little while ago an (or some) Epcot managers petitioned to get CARSLAND added to Epcot because reasons. It never went through. This rumor is on that level. When you employ thousands of people to make ideas and have to justify their existence you will get bad ideas. And those bad ideas will try to be sold and certain people will be used to get those ideas floated.

I will not sit here and say Spirit doesn't know what he's talking about, because reading his posts he has information. But I think he lacks context and has a fatal flaw of wanting attention.

I get the vibe that he wants to stir the pot and make people shout "THIS ISNT THE DISNEY I LOVE."
Don't care. Love it all.

I have a story for you all.

A little while ago an (or some) Epcot managers petitioned to get CARSLAND added to Epcot because reasons. It never went through. This rumor is on that level. When you employ thousands of people to make ideas and have to justify their existence you will get bad ideas. And those bad ideas will try to be sold and certain people will be used to get those ideas floated.

I will not sit here and say Spirit doesn't know what he's talking about, because reading his posts he has information. But I think he lacks context and has a fatal flaw of wanting attention.
Not sure what you mean by "lacks context"? Do you mean he doesn't understand the context? Or that he intentionally doesn't provide context for his posts?

Universal intellectual standards are standards which must be applied to thinking whenever one is interested in checking the quality of reasoning to a problem, issue, or situation. These include:
Clarity, Accuracy, Precision, Relevance, Depth, Breadth, Logic, and Completeness.
Once we have applied these standards to our forum conversations, we'll understand that, even if Tot becomes GotG, it will take Disney 10 years just to break ground!

26 minutes ago from the rumour breaker,

First, not rumor. This is currently the plan for Anaheim and Orlando. Anaheim is where this generated from after the major E-Ticket coaster got (temporarily?) shelved due to Shanghai's issues. It has been clarified to me that this is a Bob Chapek project and comes from his desire to get Marvel product in the parks as quickly as possible.

This is not blue sky. It is in the development pipeline.

Nothing is a done deal until it happens (that means that SDL might not open, but I sorta think it will) but this is looking extremely likely in CA. and Disney wants it in Florida as well to split the costs and make it appear they are adding actual attractions like Universal and Sea World etc.

The only issue on the FL end is WDW has balked at the costs and would rather a temporary overlay and DCA needs a permanent major Marvel attraction until the now Captain America themed mega-coaster (not RnRC clone any longer) gets budgeted and slotted for build.

We are doomed. However, I'm sure Burke is being filled with glee though.

Universal intellectual standards are standards which must be applied to thinking whenever one is interested in checking the quality of reasoning to a problem, issue, or situation. These include:
Clarity, Accuracy, Precision, Relevance, Depth, Breadth, Logic, and Completeness.
Once we have applied these standards to our forum conversations, we'll understand that, even if Tot becomes GotG, it will take Disney 10 years just to break ground!
Good post. I'm still laughing.:lol: They're going crazy over on Magic. That rumor just came out less than 24 hours and the thread's up to 20 pages on a weekend yet. If it was a weekday, like wow.

Disney,
QL046.gif
Priceless.

Good post. I'm still laughing.:lol: They're going crazy over on Magic. That rumor just came out less than 24 hours and the thread's up to 20 pages on a weekend yet. If it was a weekday, like wow.

Thought that would come off as a buzz kill, but good to see that I still have a sense of humor. Also, I won't go on those Magic forums, it sounds like a place that has no intellectual standards!

Those people hate Universal it seems also. Someone was saying universal did the same thing with Kongfrontation to the Mummy and Jaws to Gringotts. Like what? They built brand new rides/areas over those. Not rethemes.
Only consistent retheme I know Universal to do is the building which houses Minions. Every other attraction has had some kind of rebuilding associated with it. Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn are the exception. They never had a chance.

Those people hate Universal it seems also. Someone was saying universal did the same thing with Kongfrontation to the Mummy and Jaws to Gringotts. Like what? They built brand new rides/areas over those. Not rethemes.
It's shocking and sad honestly. I see posts on there all the time defending Disney for not making an E-ticket in 10+ years because "they don't need to" or what have you.
Even the Uni hating has been quelled recently because the dust snorters are actually starting to realize that Universal actually cares about their fans and enhancing and expanding their brand. It is a tough time to be a Disney fan no doubt.

Things were looking up for the Dis after the Toy Story and Star Wars Land announcements, plus the other projects currently in progress But lately they've just taken hit after hit. :lol: The fact that there truly might be plans to modify the best attraction.. yes, I truly believe it is hands down the best attraction.. on WDW property, for the sake of shoehorning the Guardians of the Galaxy is laughable.

I mean I like TOT, it's not my favorite ride at Disney and I am not as sad as other with this rumor. I am just dumbfounded on how it works with GOTG. There is no element of guardians that fits.

Thought that would come off as a buzz kill, but good to see that I still have a sense of humor. Also, I won't go on those Magic forums, it sounds like a place that has no intellectual standards!
It doesn't, you're right. Lots of animosity, hostility, argumentative rude posters. I don't and won't post over there in that kind of atmosphere either. It's not friendly like OU. Their nicest posters are the ones that post over here also. But, it's probably the best place to get WDW info. Their insiders have a pretty decent record on "Disney" info. But their Universal info is generally poor, unless Disneyhead or Marni post it. I only go over there when I'm bored and need a good laugh. :lol:

With the talk of Nintendo being pushed back a bit for Florida, does this ToT rumor give any credence to post-hulk enhancements to Marvel Super Hero Island? In short, is that Avengers thing going to happen? If that gets built and Disney does the ToT retheme, Universal wins.

This might just be a "response" to the Marvel upgrade rumored for Universal. If Uni builds an avengers rides Disney will lose a lot of guests in the 5-15 age range IMO do they need something Marvel.

This might just be a "response" to the Marvel upgrade rumored for Universal. If Uni builds an avengers rides Disney will lose a lot of guests in the 5-15 age range IMO do they need something Marvel.

That would be dumb though on Disney's part especially if Universal decided to counter if they decided to with an even larger and bigger attraction