Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's in the early stages of development. Easy to shut it down. Plus that'd make 1/2 at the BO that GOTG did

True about its development stage, but I try to avoid making any early assumptions about a films box office potential, especially this early out. Remember, GoTG wasn't expected to be as huge a hit as it became. Movies have a tendency to surprise at the box office, whether for good or ill.

Anyway... The LAST thing DHS needs is a major attraction down. There is so much room there for expansion if they really wanted to put in a GoTG ride without sacrificing one of its most beloved and beautifully themed attractions.

DL people are saying it may definitely be happening at DCA. So this sounds like it could be real

Yes, and transformers was going to be a year round haunt according to some experts in the know. I am just saying, some things get passed around and get teeth that were really not real in the end.

Again this is what I am hoping for, because this is just dumb. I mean this is worse than the frozen craziness. I mean at least with frozen the storyline makes sense to have in Norway. This just makes zero sense. I mean what the heck would the SL be that would fit ToT.

Reactions: Ryan
Yes, and transformers was going to be a year round haunt according to some experts in the know. I am just saying, some things get passed around and get teeth that were really not real in the end.

Again this is what I am hoping for, because this is just dumb. I mean this is worse than the frozen craziness.

This guys track record for being right on Disney stuff is about the same as Teebin's on Universal so I would take it as 94% probability.

Disney,
QL046.gif

Just when you thought they were starting to do right by their parks, this comes up.

If by some miracle it's true, it is very disturbing. Of all the things in dire need of attention at WDW, ToT is most certainly not one of them. Get your act together Disney. Fix Tomorrow Land. Fix Epcot. Stop messing over your own much need forward momentum by reminding us of the baffling and asinine decisions that plagued you for the last 15 years.

Reactions: Mike S
Disney has made so many bizarre decisions in the past decade or so that nothing they do would surprise me. Destroy an icon.:saw: No big deal to those people. Those execs. rarely go into the parks. They probably have no idea it's an icon. o_O It may as well be a flat ride for all they know or care. :lol: This is a scarier script than Rod Serling would ever write for an episode of twilight Zone. :yikes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
I mean I get trying to bring guests into Hollywood Studios with Guardians, but why would you choose ToT to do it? Want to retheme something? Rock n Rollercoaster fits Guardians by making it the Milano. There is nothing Guardians related that works in the ToT.

I mean I get trying to bring guests into Hollywood Studios with Guardians, but why would you choose ToT to do it? Want to retheme something? Rock n Rollercoaster fits Guardians by making it the Milano. There is nothing Guardians related that works in the ToT.

According to the rumor, they are wanting it for both DL and WDW... As there is no Rock n Rollercoaster in Cali, it's only natural (or completely unnatural :bang:) they would choose an attraction available at both parks

Evidently it is only meant to be a temporary overlay... However, we all know how long Disney's "temporary" additions tend to linger.

I honesty can't think of anything theme wise that could work with going up and down only. Elevator breaks in the collectors office? Rocket raccoon really wants that ghost's eye from 1930?

According to the rumor, they are wanting it for both DL and WDW... As there is no Rock n Rollercoaster in Cali, it's only natural (or completely unnatural :bang:) they would choose an attraction available at both parks

Evidently it is only meant to be a temporary overlay... However, we all know how long Disney's "temporary" additions tend to linger.
WDW: "Season" of the Force --> What Star Wars event? --> Star Wars Awakens
DL: "Season" of the Force.... more like Year of the Force or Land of the Force. Tomorrowland basically is StarWarsLand 1.0.

Well, I went over to Magic & read the thread. Too funny. When Spirit first announced the rumor of a Marvel property at WDW on the thread, there were cries of joy from the masses, But soon thereafter, he told the Disney minions that GOG would replace the beloved icon, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. First there was a hush of disbelief from the Disney crowd. Then the screams of horror and disbelief started. It was like shocked troops from a war zone. The scene now is becoming reminiscent of the village folk breaking out their pitchforks, lighting their torches, and vowing to kill the Frankenstein monster. What fools these management folks be. This move would be a five :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: thumbs rating down if enacted.

After looking around it seems there's an' actual general date to keep an' eye on, over on the DCA thread side of that site, they say DCA's ToT will close after Christmas to undergo the transformation. So if this insane rumor going into any of the ToT's is true by any means, we'll probably officially know around that time. (Or this Summer if they announce it at this year's D23 Expo.)

Either way, all we can do at this point is wait for nothing to happen, or we get a official announcement which we'll want to break out the popcorn and the booze for the legit motherload of all meltdowns. Personally for me what's gonna' happen is the former, since this rumor feels too crazy and too stupid even for Disney.

Reactions: IzzyB
After looking around it seems there's an' actual general date to keep an' eye on, over on the DCA thread side of that site, they say DCA's ToT will close after Christmas to undergo the transformation. So if this insane rumor going into any of the ToT's is true by any means, we'll probably officially know around that time. (Or this Summer if they announce it at this year's D23 Expo.)

Either way, all we can do at this point is wait for nothing to happen, or we get a official announcement which we'll want to break out the popcorn and the booze for the legit motherload of all meltdowns. Personally for me what's gonna' happen is the former, since this rumor feels too crazy and too stupid even for Disney.

It seems that everyone forgets that the D23 Expos are bimanual, is that just me?

If its true, I wonder if UC will fast track any project for MSHI. But, I am just wanting to see how Hulk is handled before saying anything else.

I have a story for you all.

A little while ago an (or some) Epcot managers petitioned to get CARSLAND added to Epcot because reasons. It never went through. This rumor is on that level. When you employ thousands of people to make ideas and have to justify their existence you will get bad ideas. And those bad ideas will try to be sold and certain people will be used to get those ideas floated.

I will not sit here and say Spirit doesn't know what he's talking about, because reading his posts he has information. But I think he lacks context and has a fatal flaw of wanting attention.

I have a story for you all.

A little while ago an (or some) Epcot managers petitioned to get CARSLAND added to Epcot because reasons. It never went through. This rumor is on that level. When you employ thousands of people to make ideas and have to justify their existence you will get bad ideas. And those bad ideas will try to be sold and certain people will be used to get those ideas floated.

I will not sit here and say Spirit doesn't know what he's talking about, because reading his posts he has information. But I think he lacks context and has a fatal flaw of wanting attention.
I get the vibe that he wants to stir the pot and make people shout "THIS ISNT THE DISNEY I LOVE."

Reactions: rioriz and Ryan