Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
for those who think Spirit is off base, Marni also corroborated the rumor....that gives it as much credibility as its going to get.

I already sent a tweet to DisneyParks and JoeRohde about the horribleness of this idea

What would have caused Marni to think this was at all possible? Marvel is off limits to Disney parks east of the Mississippi, period. I'm dismayed as I took Marni as more informed and pragmatic than this.
I thought Guardians was ok to use seeing as it's a new property.

What would have caused Marni to think this was at all possible? Marvel is off limits to Disney parks east of the Mississippi, period. I'm dismayed as I took Marni as more informed and pragmatic than this.

I think GotG is the one franchise that Disney can use, but it's that gray area on whether they're considered part of the Avengers or not

As far as it seems; only GotG and BH6 (Big Hero 6) are allowed [Star-Lord & Gamora were used for a private event awhile back]. GotG also didn't have Marvel branding. To also note, there is a semi-Marvel gift shop at DS aswell.

It seems that there are exceptions to the contract, and this could be the case for GotG being allowed.

I think GotG is the one franchise that Disney can use, but it's that gray area on whether they're considered part of the Avengers or not

As far as it seems; only GotG and BH6 (Big Hero 6) are allowed [Star-Lord & Gamora were used for a private event awhile back]. GotG also didn't have Marvel branding. To also note, there is a semi-Marvel gift shop at DS aswell.

It seems that there are exceptions to the contract, and this could be the case for GotG being allowed.

Guardians is a Marvel Comic, why do you people think it would be allowed? What clause are you aware of? I have never heard of such a thing in my years on this site. It's always been Marvel, period.

Guardians is a Marvel Comic, why do you people think it would be allowed? What clause are you aware of? I have never heard of such a thing in my years on this site. It's always been Marvel, period.

You aren't wrong about it being a Marvel Comic; But BH6 also is a Marvel Comic. GotG at that private Event was labeled in the brand; 'Heroes' as it represented the MCU looks of Peter Quill and Gamora.

I have to assume, they are allowed to use the characters that aren't represented on MSHI as they're getting away with it on Hiro and Baymax from the 2014 BH6 adaptation.

It's shocking and sad honestly. I see posts on there all the time defending Disney for not making an E-ticket in 10+ years because "they don't need to" or what have you.
Even the Uni hating has been quelled recently because the dust snorters are actually starting to realize that Universal actually cares about their fans and enhancing and expanding their brand. It is a tough time to be a Disney fan no doubt.
There's plenty of sane people there and also crazies. Painting everyone the same is really unfair.

You aren't wrong about it being a Marvel Comic; But BH6 also is a Marvel Comic. GotG at that private Event was labeled in the brand; 'Heroes' as it represented the MCU looks of Peter Quill and Gamora.

I have to assume, they are allowed to use the characters that aren't represented on MSHI as they're getting away with it on Hiro and Baymax from the 2014 BH6 adaptation.
Gaurdians also appears in the new ending montage for The Great Movie Ride. If Universal tried to say something about the Avenge-O-Rail, I'm sure they would've raised hell about this as well.

I think it should be pointed out the the Big Hero Six characters were not created until AFTER the Universal/Marvel deal was made, so they naturally wouldn't be subject to it. I really think GoTG is a grey area, and Universal has a pretty good legal argument should they want to stretch their muscles and stop Disney from using it in WDW.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I think it should be pointed out the the Big Hero Six characters were not created until AFTER the Universal/Marvel deal was made, so they naturally wouldn't be subject to it. I really think GoTG is a grey area, and Universal has a pretty good legal argument should they want to stretch their muscles and stop Disney from using it in WDW.
If Disney plans on desecrating their best ride at WDW to add GOTG, I'd HOPE Universal puts a stop to it for one reason or another.

Reactions: Mike S
I briefly researched GotG and it seems there might be a way Disney could do this if Universal's Marvel contract has a date clause beginning in 97/98. While the IP's title dates from 1969 comics, it was apparently completely rewritten with new characters in 2008. The movie characters are based on the 2008 space version. It only becomes dicey with the title itself perhaps, but otherwise, not sure what to say.

So don't ever think I don't research an argument against myself. ;)

Last edited: