Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Dragon Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2014
Glasgow
I've been thinking about this today, how sad would you be if Dragon Challenge got the axe?

The coaster is a shadow of what it once was. When they were duelling, they were great but individually, I don't think they're anything special and they're taking up a lot of valuable real estate in the park. With Hulk recently needing a rejuvenation, I don't know how great of a shape the coasters are in.

If it meant that a new coaster could be put in the area or a big expansion for Harry Potter, would you take it?

I'd like to see it rethemed with heavier theming. I think the coaster is still quite popular, plus it's a capacity machine, which the parks' increased attendance needs. Redo the queue so it has the high level of theming that it had before HP, in of course a HP theme. Right now, the HP queue theming is a bit sparse with a lot of wasted space. Maybe have the entrance nearer the queue building and utilize that extra space for a small Hogsmeade expansion.

I would love a major refurb for the ride because I see a lot of potential in theming in the queue and ride. It might just be nostalgia, but I hope it stays, especially because it's what makes our Hogsmeade special.

I would love a major refurb for the ride because I see a lot of potential in theming in the queue and ride. It might just be nostalgia, but I hope it stays, especially because it's what makes our Hogsmeade special.

I mean, wouldn't a brand new ride that none of the other Hogsmeades have make ours special too?:lol:

(To be clear, I don't know what's going on here, have just heard something big is up for DC)

I was really against this when the rumours first surfaced but the more I think about the more the idea grows on me.

Sure its an iconic ride but has some of that been lost since they stopped duelling, its still a fun ride and I always make a point of riding but I am ready for change and I would love to see what they could do with the area, anything that would get rid of that stinking cesspit under the ride would have to be a bonus right?

I think the idea of a Great Hall being built and offering some kind of dinner/show would be a HUGE money maker and could be a better use for some of that space, plus another attraction or two...

1995_Welcoming_feast_2.jpg

It's a huge chunk of real estate to play with if they do go down the route of demolition. It would be a shame to lose two fantastic coasters but I feel that the alternatives for this space are much more exciting. It could really round out the Hogsmeade section. If Universal are working with B&M then I really wouldn't mind a flyer, would suit the area much more.
Alternatively if they are just doing a retrack and rethink à la Hulk then there's still a lot of exciting opportunities.

It's a huge chunk of real estate to play with if they do go down the route of demolition. It would be a shame to lose two fantastic coasters but I feel that the alternatives for this space are much more exciting. It could really round out the Hogsmeade section. If Universal are working with B&M then I really wouldn't mind a flyer, would suit the area much more.
Alternatively if they are just doing a retrack and rethink à la Hulk then there's still a lot of exciting opportunities.

IF it's a demolition and a brand new coaster is built, I'd rather see a Wing Rider than a Flyer. Orlando already has a Flyer.

I'm not sure if they can do a flyer. I would imagine that SeaWorld may have some sort of exclusive rights for it in the Orlando market for a set number of years. Anything is possible though...

Status
Not open for further replies.