Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a HP expansion did happen, would there be any limitations about what could get built with it's proximity to Hogwarts? My knowdlege of HP isn't good at all but if a coaster was to be built, could it be based around the Forbidden Forest? Given the forest location, possibly a RMC?

I doubt this is demolished within the next five years at least. Universal has other priorities on there mind, such as the third park, NintendoLand, and the WnW property.

I wouldn't mind a re-build and re-do the theming in the queue and on the ground. I think having near misses built into the ride would be awesome and really change the coaster. I think changing the colors and the cars would be good too. I don't know that I want it removed. But a great hall dining option would be awesome. However I don't think it can be done properly and that is probably why it has not been done yet. Getting food to appear on the table would be what sets this place a part and that is just not something that can actually happen.

I wouldn't mind a re-build and re-do the theming in the queue and on the ground. I think having near misses built into the ride would be awesome and really change the coaster. I think changing the colors and the cars would be good too. I don't know that I want it removed. But a great hall dining option would be awesome. However I don't think it can be done properly and that is probably why it has not been done yet. Getting food to appear on the table would be what sets this place a part and that is just not something that can actually happen.

There are ways..just like any great magic trick get an illusionist to come up with a design...however it would have to be an all you can eat family style dining.

I've been thinking about this today, how sad would you be if Dragon Challenge got the axe?

The coaster is a shadow of what it once was. When they were duelling, they were great but individually, I don't think they're anything special and they're taking up a lot of valuable real estate in the park. With Hulk recently needing a rejuvenation, I don't know how great of a shape the coasters are in.

If it meant that a new coaster could be put in the area or a big expansion for Harry Potter, would you take it?
It doesn't duel anymore. It needs to go. I'd welcome more Harry Potter creativity once Forbidden Journey is to intense to ride.

There are ways..just like any great magic trick get an illusionist to come up with a design...however it would have to be an all you can eat family style dining.

Which I would be fine with. I think Universal needs one of these. Do they have any buffet or all you can eat family style places now? I know I haven't been to any. These are pretty popular over at Disney, I imagine they would be a big hit here too.

Now im bad with the Potter stuff and remember names of places but if Dragons do leave and they wanted to expand that are with a whole new land, what would fit thematically to what would be there in the Potter world?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Scott W.
SIDENOTE

If universal destroys 2 coasters and replaces them with a family-style buffet i will go SINGLE WHITE FEMALE on their guest services department.

I am pretty sure that it would not just be a place to eat. They don't need 6 acres for a place to eat lol I imagine people are just saying what they want which is a dark ride and a sit down restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.