Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now im bad with the Potter stuff and remember names of places but if Dragons do leave and they wanted to expand that are with a whole new land, what would fit thematically to what would be there in the Potter world?
The Ministry Of Magic.

@Fatality I have no idea what that means and I hate to flood this thread with useless memes. That, and so many people have posted in the past 2 minutes that it's not even relevant. Darn it.
nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

As said before; I am expecting Forbidden Forest if Hogsmeade is indeed getting a Phase III level expansion. The question is on how they'd handle it, as i'd see Voldermort coming to play for this attraction yet again.

Reactions: Mad Dog
As said before; I am expecting Forbidden Forest if Hogsmeade is indeed getting a Phase III level expansion. The question is on how they'd handle it, as i'd see Voldermort coming to play for this attraction yet again.
You can never have too much Voldermort.:D One of the best villains anywhere. Stan Lee would have even been proud.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'm not sure if they can do a flyer. I would imagine that SeaWorld may have some sort of exclusive rights for it in the Orlando market for a set number of years. Anything is possible though...

Completely forgot about this. :doh: Was thinking something along the lines of the new coaster in Japan but obviously Manta would be a huge issue.

I'd completely welcome it. Gringotts and Forbiddon Journey are the type of rides that make Universal Orlando stand out, not DC now it doesn't duel. In fact dare I I say, I love a good coaster but I kind of forget about these 2 when I'm thinking about my next trip. Neither are as good as Montu or Nemesis. I'm not against them staying though, they're not bad rides, just unmemorable.

Would it be too much to expect the removal of Sinbad and Posiedon too, to clear an even larger area for expansion?

Thats a ton of capacity they's be losing. They certainly could replace it with multiple rides, but what exactly would they do?

I think the great hall restaurant would be a must, not that it replaces ride capacity, but it does tie people up and would be the biggest draw left that they haven't done. It would need to be huge though. I think they'd have to move the hippogriff though as I don't know they would want to have the great hall separate from Hogwarts.

As for the rest, I just don't know that forbidden forest is full of ideas for rides. A dark ride I guess? But a coaster through the woods? Eh. I love the idea of a coster through the woods from a ride aspect, but as a HP themed ride? Not sure how that fits. And even a dark ride would be too much like FJ IMO, just a flythrough hitting major scenes from the movies. I think a Quiddich coaster like the tron coaster could work. They could theme the cars to brooms and have you fly through the stadium. I like the shrieking shack idea, but again, what kind of ride does it lend itself to? I think a tri-wizard tournament ride is doable, but it runs into some of the problems the other ideas have. Just not sure how many great ideas are left for that area.

Thats a ton of capacity they's be losing. They certainly could replace it with multiple rides, but what exactly would they do?

I think the great hall restaurant would be a must, not that it replaces ride capacity, but it does tie people up and would be the biggest draw left that they haven't done. It would need to be huge though. I think they'd have to move the hippogriff though as I don't know they would want to have the great hall separate from Hogwarts.

As for the rest, I just don't know that forbidden forest is full of ideas for rides. A dark ride I guess? But a coaster through the woods? Eh. I love the idea of a coster through the woods from a ride aspect, but as a HP themed ride? Not sure how that fits. And even a dark ride would be too much like FJ IMO, just a flythrough hitting major scenes from the movies. I think a Quiddich coaster like the tron coaster could work. They could theme the cars to brooms and have you fly through the stadium. I like the shrieking shack idea, but again, what kind of ride does it lend itself to? I think a tri-wizard tournament ride is doable, but it runs into some of the problems the other ideas have. Just not sure how many great ideas are left for that area.
The actual building where you would dine can be off property for all JK likely cares. The important part is entering through the castle in some way.

Yeah, the actual entrance for the Great Hall can be at the existing Castle, just leading through a long hallway to the Great Hall. Like Indiana Jones at Disneyland or when Moe's opened at the Springfield Squidport.

I highly doubt the exclusive rights, if any,are still around. Were talking 7/8 years ago that any agreement was signed.
Once again, not sure how the agreements are setup, but I know they put those stipulations in the contracts which is why we don't see the same types of B&M coasters in competing markets (unless they are relocations).

Reactions: Scott W.
Hate the idea of a Great Hall restaurant and honestly think ripping these out for more dark rides would be a mistake. I want expansion, not replacements.

Besides, Diagon needs additional attractions. Hogsmeade already has more.

Personally, after Potter phase 3 I hope they're done. I like the variety in franchises. I'm getting Potter fatigue.

Hate the idea of a Great Hall restaurant and honestly think ripping these out for more dark rides would be a mistake. I want expansion, not replacements.

There's almost no room to expand in IoA, outside of Seuss and TL theater

The Ministry Of Magic.

That would go by Diagon, not Hogsmeade. And to whoever brought up Azkaban, there's no way JK would allow that to be right next to Hogsmeade.

Also, before anyone brings it up, the Shrieking Shack was just a house. It's not fit for a ride.

Whatever happens here, considering the quality of every other Potter project, I think we'll have a winner

Could a potential "Phase 3" include expansions at Hogsmeade AND Diagon? Maybe Great Hall/Forbidden Forrest and Ministry of Magic?

Then after that stuff is done, we see Fantastic Beasts in Gate 3.

Could a potential "Phase 3" include expansions at Hogsmeade AND Diagon? Maybe Great Hall/Forbidden Forrest and Ministry of Magic?

Then after that stuff is done, we see Fantastic Beasts in Gate 3.
I would expect the third gate to come before any major expansion to Potter in Universal North (aka. current property).

Status
Not open for further replies.