Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Dragon Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... I have to wonder if after Kong and Hulk get up and running and the summer passes if we see DC close in early September, much like Hulk did last year.

For what its worth if i'm not mistaken, Sean (Skip) pointed out that we should see IOA start its next major project in 2017. I could see a chance to where DC closes in January, and HE goes down for a short period of time to allocate demolition of DC. Just a thought, I suppose; possibly a good one.

And if FFL isn't going down anytime soon, it could explain to why we would see DC go before that; so that they have something to celebrate internationally of WWoHP gracing the Uni parks for ten years (including the possibilities of DA for both Hollywood and Japan in the same year as Orlandos Phase III).

For what its worth if i'm not mistaken, Sean (Skip) pointed out that we should see IOA start its next major project in 2017. I could see a chance to where DC closes in January, and HE goes down for a short period of time to allocate demolition of DC. Just a thought, I suppose; possibly a good one.
The problem with January is the wildly popular Potter Festival. So maybe after that in Feb. ?

The problem with January is the wildly popular Potter Festival. So maybe after that in Feb. ?

I could see that too, but I think that they'd want to keep DC for as long as they can until Grinchmas ends its course. It does have capacity on its side, and that it could help filter as much as possible for one last winter.

What are the actual chances it gets torn down though. Personally i see it being enhanced like hulk and rebuilt over the course of a year. Hulk and DC are both the same age so its probably due for a upgrade anyway

If DC gets closed down, would there be a chance of a new coaster elsewhere in IOA to potentially make up for it? The Flying Dinosaur, maybe?

To me, I think I think the anglia would have to be considered for some sort of ride car; if its not a coaster..

A question lies to me though, could DC's replacement more be of what was said of awhile back in that another Trackless attraction was being developed? Just personally curious, as it would make some sense to me about it.

To me, I think I think the anglia would have to be considered for some sort of ride car; if its not a coaster..

A question lies to me though, could DC's replacement more be of what was said of awhile back in that another Trackless attraction was being developed? Just personally curious, as it would make some sense to me about it.
I literally have no idea, but could they do a coaster based off the Anglia where the ride vehicle is actually enclosed like the car?

That would go by Diagon, not Hogsmeade.

Yeah, you're right. I thought that after I said it.

A trackless ride system would be perfect for potter. But like the above, what would the theme/setting be?

Considering Alan Gilmore has suggested he's been moved to Potter full time at theme parks I assume more new attractions are coming along with copies of Diagon Alley.

That's VERY intriguing to me. Makes me excited for what comes next of WWoHP {Aswell as what Hollywood and Japan has for their potential DA's}, as I am very glad to see Alan having an permanent home now at UC; as I hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.