Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's really easy to just sit here and say, "Oh, I'd like such-and-such to replace Dragon Challenge," but honestly... I'd love to see a slower-paced, all-ages, Forbidden Forest-set dark ride that would be a showcase of the various magical creatures that live there. Like a Harry Potter version of Kilimanjaro Safaris. They could even find a way to tie it into the FANTASTIC BEASTS movie, and have it be a tour established by Newt Scamander, or something, complete with creatures and monsters that we're going to meet in that film.

Are there elements that might end up being similar to Forbidden Journey? Perhaps, but it would be a different sort of ride in pace and tone than we've seen in the Potter areas so far, and it would be far less "plot" driven than either of the two major rides in the lands.

Sorry for the wall of text guys. Here we go...

Come on Forbidden Forest ride...
8fpfkmaom3siogc9pnaagcnmx.715x500x6.gif

I would love for this view at Hogsmeade station to be replaced by a tree line.
image.jpeg
*One of these things just doesn't belong here...*
Keep in mind of that little rumor that JK accepted Dragon Challenge for what it was and let it slide during initial Phase 1 planning.
So, she might not be letting it slide anymore? Good.
They could always replace it with a Shrieking Shaq

View attachment 1806
image.jpeg
As said before; I am expecting Forbidden Forest if Hogsmeade is indeed getting a Phase III level expansion. The question is on how they'd handle it, as i'd see Voldermort coming to play for this attraction yet again.
Use the ghost of Newt Scamander showing us the creatures of the forest (barring Spiders) unless they're doing a whole Fantastic Beasts land in the third park. I don't want to see anything shared from either FJ or EFG. No Voldemort please. All new concept with an amazing tree filled queue so the loss of E.T., should it happen, won't sting as much.
There's almost no room to expand in IoA, outside of Seuss and TL theater

That would go by Diagon, not Hogsmeade. And to whoever brought up Azkaban, there's no way JK would allow that to be right next to Hogsmeade.

Also, before anyone brings it up, the Shrieking Shack was just a house. It's not fit for a ride.

Whatever happens here, considering the quality of every other Potter project, I think we'll have a winner
Make it a walk through Swiss Family Robinson style in addition to actual rides.
I would ride Dragons while you can.
EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! It's finally happening!!!!!!!!! :D
For what its worth if i'm not mistaken, Sean (Skip) pointed out that we should see IOA start its next major project in 2017. I could see a chance to where DC closes in January, and HE goes down for a short period of time to allocate demolition of DC. Just a thought, I suppose; possibly a good one.

And if FFL isn't going down anytime soon, it could explain to why we would see DC go before that; so that they have something to celebrate internationally of WWoHP gracing the Uni parks for ten years (including the possibilities of DA for both Hollywood and Japan in the same year as Orlandos Phase III).
2020 Potter phase 3 and Nintendo? I might faint........
To me, I think I think the anglia would have to be considered for some sort of ride car; if its not a coaster..

A question lies to me though, could DC's replacement more be of what was said of awhile back in that another Trackless attraction was being developed? Just personally curious, as it would make some sense to me about it.
They should use the carriages pulled by "invisible" Thestrals imo. There's only one Ford Anglia after all.
Considering Alan Gilmore has suggested he's been moved to Potter full time at theme parks I assume more new attractions are coming along with copies of Diagon Alley.
I think DA should stay unique because the two park setup was absolutely perfect for it. Plus, at least to me, it would be overwhelming having both lands in the same park. I would feel the same about Star Wars as well.
I know it's really easy to just sit here and say, "Oh, I'd like such-and-such to replace Dragon Challenge," but honestly... I'd love to see a slower-paced, all-ages, Forbidden Forest-set dark ride that would be a showcase of the various magical creatures that live there. Like a Harry Potter version of Kilimanjaro Safaris. They could even find a way to tie it into the FANTASTIC BEASTS movie, and have it be a tour established by Newt Scamander, or something, complete with creatures and monsters that we're going to meet in that film.

Are there elements that might end up being similar to Forbidden Journey? Perhaps, but it would be a different sort of ride in pace and tone than we've seen in the Potter areas so far, and it would be far less "plot" driven than either of the two major rides in the lands.
EXACTLY!!! And to avoid any similarities to FJ just don't put in the Whomping Willow or Spiders. It's a big Forest after all. Grawp anyone?

Reactions: belloq87
Mountain Troll then? :lol:
Oy! From bad to worse!

Anyways. I'm really excited about the potential here (assuming there is truth to the...er...rumblings). Dragon Challenge has been some weird neutered purgatory for Dueling Dragons. The stay of execution has been enjoyable, but I'm willing to say goodbye with the promise of something more fitting. I took my time to enjoy it last weekend despite the nightmarish locker situation (a queue in the blistering sun) and draconian metal detectors. By the end of the trip, I had my fiancée (first timer) longing for Dueling Dragons.

Going off based more of Diagons timeline, I stated 2019. It makes sense, as it fits in as a two year project, much like Diagon for when Demo started to opening.
I thought you meant 2020 cause you were talking about the 10th anniversary of Hogsmeade. Dang, look how much will have changed resort wide in 10 years. Here's to 10 more :cheers:

The Forbidden Forest is literally a forest adjacent to the grounds of Hogwarts. Magical critters live there. It's complicated to explain but many memorable scenes of the films and books occur around the forest.

The Ministry is a bit less complicated, as it's the governing body of the Wizarding World. It's tasked with policing but also keeping muggles away and safe from magic and magical creatures (and vice versa.) It has a primary location in London. It also has various research areas like the Dept of Mysteries that investigates things.

The Ministry is a bit less complicated, as it's the governing body of the Wizarding World. It's tasked with policing but also keeping muggles away and safe from magic and magical creatures (and vice versa.) It has a primary location in London. It also has various research areas like the Dept of Mysteries that investigates things.
It also has a mysterious and unexplained curtain that kills off your favorite character on page 814 of book 5 when you were 12 years old that ruins all your hopes and dreams.

The first major blow to Dragon Challenge for me was when the dueling aspect was removed. The second was when the metal detectors went in and the re-ride line went out (used to re-ride a ton on slower days, and the walk back was crazy short with express). I still enjoy the coasters (especially Fire), but there are a lot of caveats that go along with them (lockers, a looooong walk back for re-rides, etc). At this point I'd be fine letting them go.

Oh wow so this is actually probably gonna happen? Good. The coasters don't duel anymore and stick out like a sore thumb.

Hoping for a lake and a forest... and an amazing attraction within.

Reactions: Mike S
Make it a walk through Swiss Family Robinson style in addition to actual rides.

There's nothing to it tho. It's just a house.

2020 Potter phase 3 and Nintendo? I might faint........

I wouldn't consider this a phase 3

My issue with doing a refurb similar to Hulk is that it will cost twice as much for something not nearly as good.

You'd be assuming they'd only be doing something as intensive as the Hulk

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Status
Not open for further replies.