Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 282 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't expect to see the doors in synch with the vehicles - nor expect soft openings - until the flame/pyro is seen on continuously.

I disagree with this actually; especially on the Pyro/fire. As it stands, Kong would be in Technical rehearsals (which, is what we at USH call softs) on that its not the complete version, but it will be improved and finalized as the ride begins its rehearsal.

I can see it being very much that UO will be having Kong improved more and more so that once it officially opens; it will be mostly good to go.

I disagree with this actually; especially on the Pyro/fire. As it stands, Kong would be in Technical rehearsals (which, is what we at USH call softs) on that its not the complete version, but it will be improved and finalized as the ride begins its rehearsal.

I can see it being very much that UO will be having Kong improved more and more so that once it officially opens; it will be mostly good to go.

Let me ask a follow up to make sure I'm understanding you properly.. You think of the pyro/flame as a minor show effect - like a torch being lit or not, no? Which in that situation, I'd agree with you.

Hey kids, can you feel it? That nervous excitement of impending softs?

This has been an interesting and fun 3 years from when we thought it was going in Disaster! to now, the brink of riding this beast. It's been fun, and a special shout out to @hatetofly and @Teebin. Thanks, for the fun ride.

I can neither confirm nor deny any knowledge of this project.. What is this Kong you speak of??? :look::popcorn::cheers:

Well, I'm headed home today, so no softs for me. :cry:

It was a long shot anyway, but I was still hoping.
We did try to sneak a peak over the walls from Camp Jurassic, but couldn't find a way up there that wasn't blocked off. I guess we were too scared to dodge the plastic barrier, and the upper net passages were completely blocked off with netting and zip ties.

I was bummed the terradon flyers were for kids only. That looked like a lot of fun, and would have afforded a great view.

As far as spoilers go, I watched YouTube videos of every ride in the parks before we went, but that didn't ruin any of the suspense and enjoyment for me. I do see why FJ is generally more popular than Gringotts. FJ just felt like a more complete story. Gringotts should have been another 30 seconds longer, IMO. I also didn't like how the ride experience changes pretty dramatically depending on where you sit in Gringotts. On the first ride, we were in the front of the second car and found it ok, but on the next ride got the very front seats, and it was amazingly immersive. FJ is seriously cool no matter what seat you're in, I thought. I hope ROK is the same as FJ in that regard. FJ has hands down the best ride queue of any ride I've been on, and it was cool how certain queue elements could very ride to ride.

The most surprisingly fun ride for us was the Mummy. Mostly just real, physical special effects, an awesome ride queue (although the lines were really short anyway) and we loved the unique coaster elements we'd never been on before.

/offtopic blabbing

We did try to sneak a peak over the walls from Camp Jurassic, but couldn't find a way up there that wasn't blocked off. I guess we were too scared to dodge the plastic barrier, and the upper net passages were completely blocked off with netting and zip ties.

I was bummed the terradon flyers were for kids only. That looked like a lot of fun, and would have afforded a great view.

As far as spoilers go, I watched YouTube videos of every ride in the parks before we went, but that didn't ruin any of the suspense and enjoyment for me. I do see why FJ is generally more popular than Gringotts. FJ just felt like a more complete story. Gringotts should have been another 30 seconds longer, IMO. I also didn't like how the ride experience changes pretty dramatically depending on where you sit in Gringotts. On the first ride, we were in the front of the second car and found it ok, but on the next ride got the very front seats, and it was amazingly immersive. FJ is seriously cool no matter what seat you're in, I thought. I hope ROK is the same as FJ in that regard. FJ has hands down the best ride queue of any ride I've been on, and it was cool how certain queue elements could very ride to ride.

The most surprisingly fun ride for us was the Mummy. Mostly just real, physical special effects, an awesome ride queue (although the lines were really short anyway) and we loved the unique coaster elements we'd never been on before.

/offtopic blabbing

Sorry you missed out on softs, but sounds like you had a great time!

But you just got a reason to come back sooner. :)

Reactions: Mike S

/offtopic blabbing

I agree with you on spoilers. They don't take the fun out of the overall experience at all in my opinion. The same applies to watching a video of a concert. It's cool to watch it, but it doesn't go anywhere close to actually being there and experiencing it in person.

Reactions: traveller
I agree with you on spoilers. They don't take the fun out of the overall experience at all in my opinion. The same applies to watching a video of a concert. It's cool to watch it, but it doesn't go anywhere close to actually being there and experiencing it in person.
Spoilers are everywhere nowadays. Companies spoiler their own movies repeatedly (trailers, which I don't watch anymore.)

I don't see how they affect anyone anymore.

Reactions: Jon84