Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 281 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey kids, can you feel it? That nervous excitement of impending softs?

This has been an interesting and fun 3 years from when we thought it was going in Disaster! to now, the brink of riding this beast. It's been fun, and a special shout out to @hatetofly and @Teebin. Thanks, for the fun ride.

I think the build up has been half the fun. Here's hoping it's all worth it and I don't doubt it won't be for a second.

Here's a raw video of the new Skull Island area music. The best part starts about 1 minute in... sounds like a "main theme" to me. There's also new jungle insects and bird sounds in different speakers.

Again, this is just a raw video (and it's unlisted but you can share it if you wanna). Uploading a longer fully edited video now that should be up in a few hours.

Oh my. Between this and new Soarin music... good year for theme park score.

I'm placing my bets that this is Hans Zimmer's work. Sounds very much like his work.

First off,

Here's a raw video of the new Skull Island area music. The best part starts about 1 minute in... sounds like a "main theme" to me. There's also new jungle insects and bird sounds in different speakers.

Again, this is just a raw video (and it's unlisted but you can share it if you wanna). Uploading a longer fully edited video now that should be up in a few hours.

2DShTM7.gif

And second,

Hey kids, can you feel it? That nervous excitement of impending softs?

This has been an interesting and fun 3 years from when we thought it was going in Disaster! to now, the brink of riding this beast. It's been fun, and a special shout out to @hatetofly and @Teebin. Thanks, for the fun ride.

Its going to be fun, no matter what. Getting to see all of the reactions of those that got their first glimpse; it makes me giddy of what awaits in the coming days.

Oh my. Between this and new Soarin music... good year for theme park score.

I'm placing my bets that this is Hans Zimmer's work. Sounds very much like his work.
Yea, I said it sounded like Hans Zimmer to me too, but they don't normally get such big names for IOA scores. Very Zimmery tho.

Reactions: Ryan and Ryno27
Yea, I said it sounded like Hans Zimmer to me too, but they don't normally get such big names for IOA scores. Very Zimmery tho.

It's been a while sense I've seen the movie, but isn't this the score from the 2005 Kong movie? It sounds a lot like it. If it is, then it would be James Newton Howard... Who funny enough replaced Hans Zimmer during the production of Kong.

It's been a while sense I've seen the movie, but isn't this the score from the 2005 Kong movie? It sounds a lot like it. If it is, then it would be James Newton Howard... Who funny enough replaced Hans Zimmer during the production of Kong.

The "theme" we can hear in that clip is vaguely reminiscent of (though by no means exactly the same as) JNH's theme for Skull Island in the movie, but I'm 99.99% certain that music is not from the movie's score.

And not to get nitpicky, but it was Howard Shore who was replaced by James Newton Howard, after a good chunk of his score had been recorded!

The "theme" we can hear in that clip is vaguely reminiscent of (though by no means exactly the same as) JNH's theme for Skull Island in the movie, but I'm 99.99% certain that music is not from the movie's score.

And not to get nitpicky, but it was Howard Shore who was replaced by James Newton Howard, after a good chunk of his score had been recorded!

Shoot, you're right... My movie trivia is getting rusty :cry:

Reactions: Mike S and belloq87

The music gives me chills! It's very anticipating. Kind of reminds me when I always heard "The Power of Love" playing outside BTTF.

I'm very familiar with James Newton Howard's Kong score and this is nothing like it. Although it sounds like something he would write. It's very good. On par with Tokyo Disney Sea's orignal music I've heard via YouTube.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I'm going to stay away from spoilers. I can wait until August. Only time I spoiled myself on a ride was Expedition Everest. I was obsessed with everything about that ride, watched a bunch of on ride videos, looked at pics of the Yeti etc. When I finally rode it, it was like I already rode it before. So I won't be doing that again.

I'm really intrigued with the Kong AA though. That's actually the part of the ride I'm looking forward to most. Hope to see something really lifelike