Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 314 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skip to about 1min 20.

They have an endcap for the track but it is under the rail to make it look scary and not detract from the image when the final piece is there.
U125mUX.png

Like everyone has stated, there is only so much you can discuss and anticipate before you start asking what chance there is for softs. If you don't like those posts, don't read them? Lol.

On another note, I just dug up some sketches I did back in 2010 of what I imagined this ride would be. Funny, I placed it between Simpsons and MIB, and the facade was probably way too large but definitely ominous, with a skull built into the rockwork itself. The uncanny similarity lies in the distinction I made with a set-heavy beginning, and then a screen-based ending, with a final scene starring an AA Kong. No lie. I guess UC should just keep an eye out for me!

Hmmm... some updates and corrections.

Correction to my previous statement based on a long misunderstanding. There are three screen scenes and not two.

I now have a better understanding of why some TM's might have thought that one of the projections wasn't finished. :frown:

The Kong AA does in fact have a Yeti AA issue and it has nothing to do with it ever breaking down. Izzy mentioned recently that her daughter had a problem with even seeing it.[spoiler/]

Correction to my previous statement based on a long misunderstanding. There are three screen scenes and not two.

I now have a better understanding of why some TM's might have thought that one of the projections wasn't finished. :frown:

The Kong AA does in fact have a Yeti AA issue and it has nothing to do with it ever breaking down. Izzy mentioned recently that her daughter had a problem with even seeing it.

Are you implying that they're toning down the AA because the ride is deemed too frightening (more like Dinosaur over at AK)?

...if so, that makes sense as to why we're seeing delays in soft openings. At this point, it's way too late to remove ride vehicle AA's, change pre-rendered 3D video, soudtrack, etc. However, changes could be made to the hydraulics (motion of the vehicle) and...

AA Kong's movement in the finale

...in order to tone down the intensity. That would be a reasonable explanation as to why softs are delayed without any apparent issues to the ride.

Are you implying that they're toning down the AA because the ride is deemed too frightening (more like Dinosaur over at AK)?

...if so, that makes sense as to why we're seeing delays in soft openings. At this point, it's way too late to remove ride vehicle AA's, change pre-rendered 3D video, soudtrack, etc. However, changes could be made to the hydraulics (motion of the vehicle) and...

AA Kong's movement in the finale

...in order to tone down the intensity. That would be a reasonable explanation as to why softs are delayed without any apparent issues to the ride.

Nothing will change until after softs.

Reactions: Mike S

The Kong AA does in fact have a Yeti AA issue and it has nothing to do with it ever breaking down. Izzy mentioned recently that her daughter had a problem with even seeing it.[spoiler/]

Sounds like a blink-and-you'll-miss-it type of thing.