Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll wait to judge until I see it, but not holding much hope this will be much more than a clips show.

In a strange way; I think that this will be a big hit for the General Public..and not for the Disney fans..

Hell, I don't think its impossible that we could see this show turn out like the Festival of the Lion King; as that was supposed to be only for a short period of time.

I see this very much being a glorified clips reel, but that's not to say I won't like it. The soundtrack for the movie was great and there are a few scenes that would fit well enough in a show like this. I'm thinking all three song scenes (Bear Necessities, the snake one, and I Wanna Be Like You), the two race scenes, and the finale.

This showed up on Magic:

Ci1YGlBWUAAa8GF

I am actually impressed they are putting anything together in a month in a half to fill the void that ROL is leaving. They could have just done nothing and not opened the park later. Delayed the whole thing until Christmas or Spring break. Open it closer to Avatar opening.

I am actually impressed they are putting anything together in a month in a half to fill the void that ROL is leaving. They could have just done nothing and not opened the park later. Delayed the whole thing until Christmas or Spring break. Open it closer to Avatar opening.

I feel the ROI justification for a lot of the improvements and additions at DAK rested on them extending park hours starting this summer.

I have a feeling that the Jungle Book stuff was going to be a seasonal overlay show segment like how they change up World of Color and the Castle projections.

Then faced with nothing for a main show, they beefed up the mini show.

While the show itself seems like it will be underwhelming, I have to give credit where it's due. It's pretty well done for a show thrown together in a few months. Way better than that Frozen fiasco. The best part will by far be the soundtrack.

While the show itself seems like it will be underwhelming, I have to give credit where it's due. It's pretty well done for a show thrown together in a few months. Way better than that Frozen fiasco. The best part will by far be the soundtrack.

I agree it will likely be a glorified version of Celebrate the Magic. As for Frozen though, they literally threw that crapfest together in 10 days or potentially less depending who you believe (and somehow the sing-a-long is still around 2 years later - which is a problem I hope doesn't plague Jungle Book).

From everything i've heard though, the barges are borrowed from DL's Fantasmic, so that's a positive only in that DL will need them back when Fantasmic comes back. Point being, I don't want this show to become permanent (unless it's a pre-show to RoL).