Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Not at all. It would take a hell of an effort to get that kind of fire going.
The newsguy was guessing somehow the dead grass caught fire beneath the slides, perhaps due to the heat today. And the slides melted, releasing the black smoke in the air.

And he said not to breathe it in, since plastic fumes are dangerous. So nobody breathe in the area for a little while.

Seems bad, but when you remember these are more or less molded plastic they should be replaced pretty quickly

I was worried at first until I remembered this. The only major delay I see coming from this would be if some of the burnt pieces are needed to finish the build out of the volcano.

No. Not at all. It would take a hell of an effort to get that kind of fire going.

They have been baking in the sun all day, though. We don't know if this was an accident or someone doing it intentionally, though. If someone wanted to do it intentionally, i'm sure with a proper plan, it wouldn't take much (seeing as they're just sitting there).

I mean... That's what they are designed to do. Sit and bake in the sun all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was definitely arson. Disney hired a few guys to come over and douse some slide pieces in gasoline and set them ablaze. They were worried Volcano Bay was going to take much of their business, and knowing their expansion plans to BB and TL were going to take too long, they knew this was the only possible action to take!

(Okay, I jest...but it does suck this happened. I was actually going to Wet N Wild today until this happened...now a change of plans for the afternoon.)

Reactions: Mike S
I can't see it being arson for the sole reason that if it was me doing it, I wouldn't do it in plain sight in the middle of the day next to a busy water park.
But see, nobody would expect that!

No, I highly doubt it was arson. More than likely just what others were saying about the dried up dead grass. It's been VERY hot this past week, and things like this can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.