Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 511 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the best seat is the middle seat in the middle row. Try it. When I sat there I saw a ton of new things that I never have before.
Starting to sound like Gringotts, where you get really different ride experiences depending where you sit. In my eyes, that's a big plus, since it gives an attraction more re rideabilty .

cant wait.. sounds like fun. Here's hoping to a nice soft schedule next week with limited media interruptions. We are there Weds, Thurs, and Fri. Definitely looking forward to Universal - many thanks for the folks here - decided back in November to tack it on to the beach trip this year and thought it would be a nice start to the trip, but after reading here and understanding what Universal is about.. we are all jacked up for the trip! Kids even made us watch all the Harry Potter movies.. and to be honest they were very entertaining. Need to finish deathly hollows this weekend but really looking forward to wizarding world - in fact traded in single park tickets for park to park. We live in kings island's back yard so thats our park - mostly thrill rides so the "screenz" :) stuff has us excited.. Sounds like we will like universals screens better than disney :)

I think the best seat is the middle seat in the middle row. Try it. When I sat there I saw a ton of new things that I never have before.

Also the best advice was given by sandiestpirate, when you have to split before boarding into rows. Left means they'll place you in rows 1-6 and right is 6-12. Right is what you want if you want a bigger idea of the scope and what I did when riding. I got left side both times and realized quickly all the good stuff was on the right. The cave scene with the bats was really awesome up close and the bug scene looked cool farther away too. Best seats (in my limited experience) is all the way right in a back row. I couldn't imagine how awesome it'll be when everything works. It is a major design flaw that some seats are just way better than others but whatever, it's all good

I'm sorry but I really don't understand all the negativity. First of all, the ride isn't operating at 100% so anybody expecting for everything to go smoothly is delusional. If they want to experience the ride with everything working at it's best capability then they should wait until the attraction officially opens to the public. Second of all, we are getting a brand new attraction on an undeveloped piece of land. It's not like they are replacing a ride or tearing anything down so not sure what there is to be so mad about. Third, how in the world can you judge a ride based off a YouTube video? Don't knock it till ya try it...

Starting to sound like Gringotts, where you get really different ride experiences depending where you sit. In my eyes, that's a big plus, since it gives an attraction more re rideabilty .
This is what I look forward to the most on Gringotts. If this speaks the same for Kong, then I will ultimately have 72 different chances to get the best ride experience haha!

Looking on Twitter, yes, but I can't find when it opened.

It opened up around 4 today. I rode it twice-- the first time through, the 360 scene didn't work so they offered us a re-ride. Second time through, everything was working. If that wasn't the ride at 100%, I honestly have no clue what would be missing.

The only weird thing was that
the scare actor in the queue was wearing some kind of weird man-cat get up instead of looking like the screen guy at the beginning of the queue, which is what they were wearing the first time I ever rode the ride. I wonder how many different costumes there are.

So, did this thing soft open again today? How quickly a new attraction falls off the radar...

I just asked someone who rode in the first few groups today and she said everything was working on her ride. Sounds like they are getting the kinks ironed out. Might give it a re-ride tomorrow or Thursday

Last edited:
I don't understand why the actors aren't present in this time of tests. Have they been declared a fail already? Perhaps they are connected to the motion tables and stop when they stop... I jest. But I cannot figure out why they aren't there so often as is being reported.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Cole
I don't understand why the actors aren't present in this time of tests. Have they been declared a fail already? Perhaps they are connected to the motion tables and stop when they stop... I jest. But I cannot figure out why they aren't there so often as is being reported.

I rode first thing last Friday, maybe they didn't want any complications that first day.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn