Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - Reviews, Photos, and Videos

Has the ride been operating at night yet?

I'm very curious if at least for the outside potion all the floodlights on the RV will be on.

I think it would look that much more realistic and really set the tone of a venturing truck in the dark.

Not to mention the hype it would build of seeing headlights cross the vegetation around you as you wait in line outside.

Reminds me of the cool vibe the ET jeeps give off.

Obviously the inside cannot use these lights due to screen on screens on screens, but it would be really cool for the outside i think

Quick Review of Kong since an in depth one is on the podcast

- Loved it!
-The ride is a great addition to the park
-Is it the best ride in the park, no.. Is it still a great ride that offers thrills and chills, Yes.
-Kong AA is Brilliant
-Overall Ride Review after riding it several times 8/10
-Queue Review 10/10 - Best Ride Queue there is, in the USA

If I was to rank it among the industry bests here in America here is where I'd rank it

1. FJ
2. Spiderman
3. Gringotts
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Tower of Terror
6. Indy (Disneyland)
7. Radiator Springs Racers
8. Kong
9. Pirates DLR
10 Splash Mountain

Quick Review of Kong since an in depth one is on the podcast

- Loved it!
-The ride is a great addition to the park
-Is it the best ride in the park, no.. Is it still a great ride that offers thrills and chills, Yes.
-Kong AA is Brilliant
-Overall Ride Review after riding it several times 8/10
-Queue Review 10/10 - Best Ride Queue there is, in the USA

If I was to rank it among the industry bests here in America here is where I'd rank it

1. FJ
2. Spiderman
3. Gringotts
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Tower of Terror
6. Indy (Disneyland)
7. Radiator Springs Racers
8. Kong
9. Pirates DLR
10 Splash Mountain
Fourth at Universal seems in line with most of the other reviews. Third or fourth seems to be the most common ranking, with a few in at 2 and 5. I think we had a couple of 1's also.

Any word on soft openings today? Also, can you use a guest assistance pass?

Yeah on the softs but I don't believe so on the GAP pass at the moment. Best to ask an attendant if any accommodation can be made.

What does one usually receive with a GA pass?

You take the pass to the ride attendant at the entrance of the ride. If the wait is under 30 mins they usually let you enter through the express lane. If its over 30 mins they give you a return time which is similar to the current wait for that attraction.