Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They should just cancel this ride and move on. The money will be better spent on literally anything else.

This isn't true at all. I think we all agree that this ride looks and sounds underwhelming but the franchise is a money maker and a in house property. The merchandise sales Universal will get from this will alone be worth it for them.

Damn! I was hoping Universal was going to contain the upcoming projects I have no interest in to one single year! With F&F moving to 2018, I doubt we'll be getting anything else eventful coming to the parks that year. So it's looking like 2019 at the earliest for something else exciting being added.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know Kong hasn't even technically, officially opened yet, and we shouldn't be getting greedy. I just hope it's not 3 or 4 years before Universal adds something new that gets me hyped up.

They've changed the official site as well to say 2018. I wonder what the issue is.]

Fast & Furious: Supercharged
COMING 2018
This new ride will take you on an explosive, high-octane adventure into the world of underground racing. You’ll feel every bit of the exhilaration that comes with being part of the “Fast Family”—right alongside your favorite stars from the Fast & Furious films. As your specially designed ride vehicle powers you through the streets of San Francisco, every turn accelerates with non-stop action and high-speed excitement on this supercharged thrill ride, arriving at Universal Studios Florida in 2018.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
I wouldn't take that delay as a sign of a ride/plans changing.

pb27baO.jpg

If it is a coaster then I will never know. That said, I am not aware of anything else. Hmm.

Unless... it is SLOP. That would make sense if the movie continues to receive good reviews.

Last edited:
If SLOP does come (due to other sources being hazy about it); could it be possible that the Shrek Building stays mostly intact (much like how Fallon is)?

I dont know how much room.you have especially with the rumored trackless tech. Would have to be 2 stories like TF. In that case the roof may have to change/building expanded. Toon lagoon makes more sense from a space perspective cause you can start from scratch.

I dont know how much room.you have especially with the rumored trackless tech. Would have to be 2 stories like TF. In that case the roof may have to change/building expanded. Toon lagoon makes more sense from a space perspective cause you can start from scratch.

SLOP is rumored to be taking almost the exact footprint that USH's SS28 had before it was demolished.

But that can be talked over at the thread it should go to, and not here.

Personally; I think F&F being delayed is actually a great thing. Especially when you consider that the attraction needs to be better than USH, and this can be a great motive for UC to go back on the drawing board on what they want for the ride in it's story and scenes.

Even though we're probably stuck with the 360 Hollywood screen scene, hopefully enough stuff will get added & plussed so the experience is many times better. They certainly have the time to do it. I'm probably being overly optimistic. But you would think they would realize their original plans were not going to produce a winning popular attraction. They just can't be that dense,I would hope.