Frozen Ever After | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well I finally rode it today.

I went to meet up with the Inside Universal guys, and got there today around 8:40ish (Damn traffic) but lucky enough that they were already in line waiting since 8.

Anywho, when Epcot officially opened at 9, that's when they decided to say "Oh, Frozen is not open but you can queue up".

So we all made the mad dash and waited for about 30 min before Frozen officially opened up. Wait itself was 30ish before the ride broke down and was evac'd. We decided to wait since we were next to board - and about 30 min later the ride was back up. Boarded, and no problems. The lift hill was veryyyyy rough as we reached the apex of the lift, and that's a bummer since it should have been fixed with the layover. Anyway, we broke down on last scene right before unload. We were in the boat for about 20 min when they decided to evac again. The water was drained and we were finally led through the exit. I know it's only day 2, but it's going to be a rough summer if this keeps up.

As far as the ride itself, it was really well done. AA's were great, but I do have a bit of a gripe with the Sisters AA at the finale - as the projected faces don't read as well. Story was fine, although felt rushed after the "Let it Go" scene. The finale "In Summer" seemed like it was forced in. Personally felt everyone (Kristoff and Sven) should have been there since it was a "Celebration".

Other gripes:

There is nothing "Norway" about this, so any PR non-sense about it reflecting, or honoring Norwegian heritage was BS. It's very much a Frozen ride, and most of the ride is just snow and rocks - not even in Arendelle.

Again, I echo that it shouldn't have been a layover. Huge missed opportunity but what's done is done.

Either way, the ride is a great addition and did do a nice job with the layover from a themeing and queue standpoint.

View attachment 2389
So, what's your professional opinion? The Disney fan You Tuber wanna be riders are saying it's way better than Kong. :lol: What's your opinion? You've been on both. Is it better than Kong? ;)

Yea, they're internally projected. Although I think the first gen (dwarves) of these had a mirror that reflected an upward facing projection.

Thanks. Where does one go to get a projector that small? Are the projectors custom made for Disney? Too, I always thought of the buzz lightyear AA to have the first projected face but perhaps I am remembering incorrectly. I rode it once in 1999.

Thanks. Where does one go to get a projector that small? Are the projectors custom made for Disney? Too, I always thought of the buzz lightyear AA to have the first projected face but perhaps I am remembering incorrectly. I rode it once in 1999.
It was I believe, but the dwarves didn't changed that technology too much.

Reactions: Teebin
How they animated him to walk so smoothly in his style is just blowing my mind. Easily the coolest and probably best thing from this ride. So awesome

I will bet that it is a heavy and dangerous piece of machinery that moves him horizontally. That's the only way they could have kept it all so smooth, light and fluffy. Plus, the systems that make him move above the waist is heavy and has to be carried along the same track.

Are most of these still created by The Goddard Group? I think that is who it is.

Reactions: Cole
I will bet that it is a heavy and dangerous piece of machinery that moves him horizontally. That's the only way they could have kept it all so smooth, light and fluffy. Plus, the systems that make him move above the waist is heavy and has to be carried along the same track.

Are most of these still created by The Goddard Group? I think that is who it is.
Garner Holt does the AAs for Disney now (since about 2012-13ish).

He's essentially a puppet on a stick - there's a semi-circle slot in the stage he's on and he just travels along it. His bouncing feet and the fact that it's painted black hides the rod that goes up his butt and provides his controls.

It was a very smart programming move to allow him to lean forward/back and to have him walk back and forth on the semicircle.

Both allow him to appear to be off the very strict circle, giving a more natural look, when reality he's following a clearly defined path. He'll lean forward for part of it, lean back, retrace his steps shifting his body "weight" etc..

It came up for a bit, and then went down again, with a full evac. The ride may look pretty but it's way under capacity and too unreliable for the subject matter.

Reactions: Nick
I'm never going to work at guest services.
I prefer not to be yelled at.

I do but not for theme parks.

It's hell.

YES! One of my favourite Disney movies.

Whatever happened to the Ratatouille rumours?

It may just be a price due to the five-year exclusivity that WDSP has for the attraction, thus it can't come here til 2019 at the earliest. Hopefully Frozen kickstarts that and we may see that open in Epcot around 2019 or 2020. However, I do think it'll come at the cost of Impressions De France. :(

YES! One of my favourite Disney movies.

Whatever happened to the Ratatouille rumours?

I wouldn't mind Ratatouille having it's own dark ride but I wouldn't port over the ride from DSP. I mean.. it was fine but if you've done ANY of Universal's screen attractions from Spiderman and on, it's not impressive in the least.