Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pokemon Go

I read that BGT has also got rules/guidelines for Pokemon playing at the park.

I'm just surprised that Disney hasn't come out with their own version of this specifically for use in their parks yet. This seems like the kind of technology they should have been in on.

I read that BGT has also got rules/guidelines for Pokemon playing at the park.

I'm just surprised that Disney hasn't come out with their own version of this specifically for use in their parks yet. This seems like the kind of technology they should have been in on.
Plenty of locations are jumpng on the bandwagon as fast as they can. It will be interesting to see how else this technology is applied. First idea that comes to mind is Ghostbusters, where you use it to find ghosts.

I was checking the app while by Hollywood Studios the other day and there were multiple Pokestops in Lights Motor Action, Streets of America, and even one in Catastrophe Canyon. Lets hope nobody sneaks back there during demolition. :look:

It would be petty if only WDW were cleared. I can't imagine Universal trying to clear all local theme parks.
Yeah the right way to do it would be to give Universal some exclusive special spots that are way better than what is in most public areas. Honestly though this whole thing will be a distant memory by the time anything Nintendo opens at Universal.

Most likely. The big question will be will we see this kind of app used on other ways/games in the parks?
I really hope so! I've been wanting to see more games like this developed and while I'm not a Pokemon fan I'm glad that it will at least help create more interest in augmented reality games. Pokemon Go is now the biggest mobile game in history so everyone will be scrambling to try to duplicate it's success.

Using this app must eat up battery, especially when away like at a theme park. Bet there are a lot of iPhone users muttering about not being able to swap out batteries. I would hate to do a theme park day without a backup battery for my LG G3.

Using this app must eat up battery, especially when away like at a theme park. Bet there are a lot of iPhone users muttering about not being able to swap out batteries. I would hate to do a theme park day without a backup battery for my LG G3.
I haven't seen a real issue with this affecting battery life any more than any other app. As an iPhone user I've never really had an issue with the battery in the parks. My battery will typically last all day unless I'm using it very heavily. You can also always take a back up battery pack or if you have an older phone it's probably a good idea to have a battery case. Swapping batteries is irrelevant.

Caught a Gastly today in broad daylight. So the ghosts aren't limited to just nighttime. I wish the game would throw a Pikachu or Charmander my way because the amount of Pidgeys, Nidorans, Weedles etc is outta control.