1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Games, Movies & Sports' started by yankees13, Jul 11, 2016.

1. yankees13

yankees13 Veteran Member

So I'm sure I'm not the only one here that's downloaded the game. Anyone have any tips on where they've got certain Pokemon? Any rare ones caught? I think my rarest find which is a bummer because I couldn't catch it was a Meowth at a red light. As soon as he appeared, the light turned green and I had to put the phone down

snayberry likes this.
  2. WAJAS98

WAJAS98 Veteran Member

I heard that there was a Pikachu near the Rhino on the Jungle Cruise. The wait went up to two hours in minutes.

3. yankees13

yankees13 Veteran Member

Ha no way! I'm curious to see what people have been catching around the parks. I'm getting tired of all the Pidgeys, Weedles, Nidorans etc in my neighborhood

4. captainmoch

captainmoch Member

I haven't been to a park with Go yet, but we were driving by Magic Kingdom yesterday and I checked to see where some of the Stops were located. There's actually two IN Journey of the Little Mermaid itself, by the dancing fish and by the second Ariel AA. Guess I finally have a reason to actually reride it now! :lol:

5. Alexshow

Alexshow Veteran Member

The red buttons are the Pokestops, and the blue one's are the Gyms..

6. Frogki

Frogki Veteran Member

I've been catching left and right, going into any metropolitan area seems to bring out an assortment. Also, lots of people don't seem to realize that if you drop a pokeball or miss the pokemon, before it disappears you can tap it to get it back.

7. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

I've been playing on and off, what's hilarious is I can tell who's playing the game as I'm going around my day. People at my local mall, driving home from work, at the grocery store, etc. It's awesome.

*edit*

Requests for Future Updates of Pokemon GO

1) Friends. I want a friends list, ability to trade, chat system, "trainers near me" function, and a team interaction system beyond gyms. I want to stand next to @JungleSkip and battle.

2) Advanced gym battling. Tapping the screen over and over is super stupid. Also a way to wipe the gym or have the team wear down so it's not one super powerful team forever.

3) Performance and battery life. I think some optimization and new APIs will help in the future.

4) More customizable options for clothes and looks.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    Frogki and captainmoch like this.
  8. yankees13

yankees13 Veteran Member

One of the things I'd like is push notifications when certain Pokemon are near.

Has anyone caught any of the ghosts yet?

9. pat_naughty05

pat_naughty05 Member

My wife caught a Ghastly last night. Actually, it may have hatched from an egg, I can't recall for sure.

My rarest find was a Venusaur (though it had relatively low CP) in the Kmart parking lot across the street from my house... At around midnight. This thing has taken over my life in an unhealthy way.

Galaxy Defender likes this.
  10. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

I wouldn't expect push notifications as this is how they're making money selling the wrist thing.

11. Galaxy Defender

Galaxy Defender Premium Member

12. MrRoamer

MrRoamer Premium Member

I finally got a bulbasaur yesterday and then right afterwards got an Ivysaur (CP 147). My strongest so far is a Weepinbell at 160, but if I get lucky it looks like there is an Abracadabra hanging around outside somewhere.

13. s8film40

s8film40 Veteran Member

It's typical every time something like this comes out someone puts out some kind of fear mongering article about how the app tracks your every move. It's an obvious necessity of how the game works.

14. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

I have the Starting 3 finally. Charmander was difficult to find. Turns out he was just across the street from my apartment. :lol:

I think my rarest find is Snorlax.

pat_naughty05 and Frogki like this.
  15. Frogki

Frogki Veteran Member

I'd like a better system for capturing those real world Pokemon pictures. If you could just click a pokemon you wanted out in the real world that'd work, some way to further interact with them outside of gyms since it's supposed to be Pokemon in the real world.

16. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

So I cataloged all the PokeStops and areas where I caught rare Pokemon at Universal today. Article will be coming shortly.

MrRoamer and Frogki like this.
  17. yankees13

yankees13 Veteran Member

It's hard tracking these things down. Took a walk and saw a Charmander near by. Kept walking around only for it to get further. It's hard to pinpoint the exact location. Hatched an egg and got one I already had, Horsea.

18. Galaxy Defender

I am so glad Pokemon Go came along. All these people walking around theme parks hunting Pokemon will make the lines shorter for the rest of us.:)

19. ynnoj

ynnoj Member

They need to hurry up and launch this in the UK. Should be this week from what I've read.

20. Galaxy Defender