Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pokemon Go

Good lord how did they not capitalize on this market years ago given how instantly successful Pokemon go has been. Nintendo was the casual gamer go to with the Wii and they just gave it up to the cell phone.

Wow, Sea World can not get a break. They plan this event and then the Pokemon servers go down for several hours during it. No one seemed upset and when they came back up I was impressed how quickly they got the lures going. A crap load of stops in Sea world. You can stand in a spot and get 2 stops in that one place.

Everyone seemed to be having fun and helping people find stuff. But I think some people may have stayed home since the servers were down.

That is awesome, I want to go now!!!!
My husband said, "Well, Sea World is all about saving animals" :lmao:

Umm not so sure Pokemon Go is all about saving animals... Haven't you ever wondered how and why you get a candy when you transfer them to the professor? :sneak:

Went to the parks and played the game for the first time today at MK. Came away with about 100 Pokemon hit up every Pokestop I came across and I found that the gyms within the park weren't incredibly strong. For example, the Cinderella Castle Gym was held by a CP 250-ish or so (can't remember which Pokemon). I took it down incredibly easy with my fairly weak roster (I just got majorly into the game over the past few days).

Sadly there was nothing too out of the ordinary there. I've heard at the resorts is where there's more rare ones.

Last edited:
Went to the parks and played the game for the first time today at MK. Came away with about 100 Pokemon hit up every Pokestop I came across and I found that the gyms within the park weren't incredibly strong. For example, the Cinderella Castle Gym was held by a CP 250-ish or so (can't remember which Pokemon). I took it down incredibly easy with my fairly weak roster (I just got majorly into the game over the past few days).

Sadly there was nothing too out of the ordinary there. I've heard at the resorts is where there's more rare ones.

I think it's a toss up. We all know time plays a factor, as well, but I've yet to see anything "concrete" with locations.

i.e. Someone said they can find Pikachu in USF, but he didn't even pop up in my game at all. They also said that electric Pokemon are more likely to be near transformers and thunderstorms.... Well, I'm close by one and have not seen one show up at all since I started.

I think it's a toss up. We all know time plays a factor, as well, but I've yet to see anything "concrete" with locations.

i.e. Someone said they can find Pikachu in USF, but he didn't even pop up in my game at all. They also said that electric Pokemon are more likely to be near transformers and thunderstorms.... Well, I'm close by one and have not seen one show up at all since I started.
I know Dratini's always seem to spawn over at Wilderness Lodge. I've gone there and multiple friends have gone there on different days and always sitting there.

Still though, I thought it interesting how weak the gyms were considering how strong i've seen some.

I know Dratini's always seem to spawn over at Wilderness Lodge. I've gone there and multiple friends have gone there on different days and always sitting there.

Still though, I thought it interesting how weak the gyms were considering how strong i've seen some.

I got dratini at Sea World and also by my house. He is the rarest one I have and I have 2 or 3 of him.

ALright guys hope i can help the locals out here.. bare with me as we can all agree that they come and go and who knows if niantic is randomizing these spawns..

ReignOfKong - Psyduck, Slowpoke and Magikarp BUFFET... just be careful to not let the big guy know you're eating all his food.

Elsewhere around islands i had very little luck..

USF: caught some strong everyday pokemons in springfield.. some rare showed up in the forrest by gardens of allah (but didnt pop up on the screen)
The place that was going craziest was the Universal Cinematic Spec viewing area in front of transformers/Mel's diner.. a wartortle spawned and caused madness. I sitting by the Transformers meet and greet and saw people jogging to the area my friends and i went to check it out and caught the wartortle (mine was cp18 :bang: but my buddies catch were both in the 400's also some powerful zubats in that area.

Diagon Alley - seems to be a zubat spawn point.. while none were crazy strong its a great place to build up that zubat candy.

as for gyms.. BLUE team (Mystic) ruled just about every single gym.. and when it didnt it wasnt long before they did. :shades:;)

elsewhere in idrive everyone was pointing me in the direction of Bahama Breeze parking lot saying they find Snorlax and other rares.. i confirm this being they showed up on my nearby when driving around the parking lot but i couldnt quite figure out exactly where to make them appear and frankly i had no time to waste on the hunt as there were others in the car that were going mad over the idea lol. TinRoof is not a good place to be inside of if you have t-mobile.. i guess cause of well the Tin Roof.. lol

hope this helps

Hi everyone. I am coming to Orlando for a 2 week vacation starting 11th October. I am hoping by this time the Pokemon Go trading system is active. I have heard that the trading system will be GPS dependent so you will need to be near to someone in order to trade with them. While i am in the USA i am looking for a Tauros as these can only be caught in America. I have a Mr Mime which can only be caught in Europe. Anyone want to trade while i am there?? (on the condition the trading system is active by then)

I haven't played it since the summer. Lost interest. Could only catch so many Pidgeys and Nidorans. I don't even know if I could play again because it would remind me of walking around in the hot summer trying to catch Pokémon. Hate the winter! Maybe I'll download it again this summer.