Walking Dead attraction at USF? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Walking Dead attraction at USF?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want to see a Walking Dead walk through attraction in US

• Yes

Votes: 51 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 61 54.5%

• Total voters
For those who think I'm always defending UOR over Disney, Well have fun with this one... No way is hell Terminator should be sacrificed for TWD. This show WILL end eventually once Werewolves become the new trend or whatever is next. What USF needs to do with T2-3D is re-theme it and bring new story line, characters, new 3D, new AAs and rename it Terminator (generic enough for future updates). If they just want to take down the franchise then forget the walkthrough crap, give me a Universal Monsters Ride..... after all Universal owes them everything they are today.

Last edited:
For those who think I'm always defending UOR over Disney, Well have fun with this one... No way is hell Terminator should be sacrificed for TWD. This show WILL end eventually once Werewolves become the new trend or whatever is next. What USF needs to do with T2-3D is re-theme it and bring new story line, characters, new 3D, new AAs and rename it Terminator (generic enough for future updates). If they just want to take down the franchise then forget the walkthrough crap, give me a Universal Monsters Ride..... after all Universal owes them everything they are today.

Which would you rather want? A walkthrough attraction on the classic monsters, or an entire land on them?

T2 is an Show that is becoming dated, much like how BTTF had become dated. Plus, TWDA is at it's core; a practical attraction.

Does anyone know what the budget was for TWDA Hollywood or how long it took to build?

Nov. 2014 to July 4th, 2016. I count Demolition and the construction of the Universal Blvd additions that we're created alongside it's entertainment venue, that houses TWDA.

Wherever TWDA might be put, it can be done fast and cheap. I'm all for putting it in an unused spot. UO can always retheme or scrap it in a few years if the guests stop visiting without taking much of a financial hit.

Reactions: Joel
Which would you rather want? A walkthrough attraction on the classic monsters, or an entire land on them?

T2 is an Show that is becoming dated, much like how BTTF had become dated. Plus, TWDA is at it's core; a practical attraction.

Nov. 2014 to July 4th, 2016. I count Demolition and the construction of the Universal Blvd additions that we're created alongside it's entertainment venue, that houses TWDA.
I agree about T2, the good thing about it is that the franchise can be updated, many new movies came out on the millennium and after, unfortunately BTTF ended back in the 80s, and nothing new came after the original trilogy.
But about your question, I rather have a ride, and not a walkthrough. My reasons for that is HHN, when it is busy you queue for the house and then you queue to get thru the house (losing the scare factor, since you can tell what's ahead). I do think Universal Monsters deserve a land, and I believe the IP is timeless, so why not? but that would be a bigger project so just a ride would do for now.... Actually before TF was born, I always walked next to the abandoned Hercules & Xena soundstage and wonder, Why don't they use this soundstage for a Haunted/Monsters ride??? specially having the monsters café already attached to the building... it would've been perfect.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
They could use that Theater looking building located in the corner between Twister old queue area and the NYC library back drop. I know it is for special events but still, it is sitting there, plus it'll give a reason to walk to the end of that dead end.
Isn't Soundstage 33 where the annual Potter Celebration is held? I would think they need to keep that space, although they could just relocate that event to one of the soundstages between USF and Islands.

The cheapest and easiest thing Universal could do to have a daytime Walking Dead attraction would be to just keep this year's maze and open it up to day guests after HHN ends. It's covers all 6 seasons and people were expecting it to be in the MiB tent but now it ended up in a SS. No reason to close a ride/show for this when the goal is capacity and you have an already paid for way to solve the issues.

The cheapest and easiest thing Universal could do to have a daytime Walking Dead attraction would be to just keep this year's maze and open it up to day guests after HHN ends. It's covers all 6 seasons and people were expecting it to be in the MiB tent but now it ended up in a SS. No reason to close a ride/show for this when the goal is capacity and you have an already paid for way to solve the issues.
Great idea.

I don't know. Isn't the point of the attraction that it is designed as a permanent walk-through, as opposed to one that is designed to last just through the duration of HHN?

I think there are ways to add it without loosing an attraction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultranel
Isn't Soundstage 33 where the annual Potter Celebration is held? I would think they need to keep that space, although they could just relocate that event to one of the soundstages between USF and Islands.
Didn't know that, not familiar with the newer events. Kind of an odd location from the land, but I can see them using it that way.

Didn't know that, not familiar with the newer events. Kind of an odd location from the land, but I can see them using it that way.
They are limited in large empty spaces that can serve as a convention floor in the parks, without moving the event to Royal Pacific's convention space. SS33 has also been convenient since it is accessable from the same park as Diagon Alley, as well as the Music Plaza Stage, where they do talks with some of the film actors.

Reactions: Ultranel
They actually rent out SS 33 for all sorts of events. It's constantly being used by outside groups and Universal itself. It can't really be "replaced" because of its ease of access to the park and backstage gates.

They actually rent out SS 33 for all sorts of events. It's constantly being used by outside groups and Universal itself. It can't really be "replaced" because of its ease of access to the park and backstage gates.
I am aware that SS33 is used for other private events. Was just using one example as a reason they may have to not get rid of it.
A new building to replace stage 33 could easily be built somewhere else.
Also possible. But so could a space for a Walking Dead attraction from the ground up.

I can't imagine a temporary maze being able to physically last as a permanent attraction.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
A dollar amount.

There's no direct quote, but I can confidently say it was nowhere near the level of Universal's usual budgets. We're talking relatively cheap.

The attraction took about seven to eight months to build once the actual structure was built. Of course, any used space would need a month to two months for demo, so it would take about a year to do. It's Universal's decision if they want to take more capacity away from the park when Kidzone is already on the chopping block and F&F has been delayed. I think that the attraction could more than work in a soundstage. It's practically a show building just waiting to be used, can be erected very quickly and HHN has obviously proved that you can put an adequate entry on the walking path.