Walking Dead attraction at USF? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Walking Dead attraction at USF?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want to see a Walking Dead walk through attraction in US

• Yes

Votes: 51 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 61 54.5%

• Total voters
AlexShow posted this in the T2 thread. Maybe this will happen after all. And for HHN fans this might free up an additional spot.

@fowlowlerson: HHN Orlando rumor: American Horror Story will be returning next year while The Walking Dead will become a permanent year-round haunt in T2.

AlexShow posted this in the TV thread. Maybe this will happen after all. And for HHN fans this might free up an additional spot.

@fowlowlerson: HHN Orlando rumor: American Horror Story will be returning next year while The Walking Dead will become a permanent year-round haunt in T2.
I want to say I dislike this and want T2 to just be refurbished, but I know that will never happen. Anyways, TWD will bring a new variety to the attraction line-up.

The actual tweet itself..

...giving my thoughts whether or not it should/will happen, I'll say this.

1.) It gets rid of a screen-based attraction based off a dated IP. Sure, T2 is one of the most iconic summer blockbuster films, but it's not something that the park can rely on to attract a large crowd. TWD, can do that. It's a popular (ish) IP that much like Simpsons, attracts an adult crowd.

2.) It'd be a practical attraction with live actors, animatronics and special effects. It's something that would help alleviate the screenz issue that the park (especially for USF) has been having throughout the past few years. It'd also allow them to change the maze at specific times through the year to make it more intense, which can be a plus side for locals and would potentially due to the space of the T2 building, allow for more show scenes off of future seasons to come; allowing the die hard fans and locals something new every once and a while.

3.) It's a IP that can get a crap load of money. At the end of the day, money talks; and I think no matter what, it makes sense to get it there full time as opposed to just specific times throughout the year.

Will/could fans of T23D be upset? Yes, but it's a reasonable trade for something that is practical and not exactly something at UOR (not as a full attraction..and not as pop out actors).

I wonder if they will try to have this done before next year's HHN.

USF already has capacity issues. This will not help in the short-term.

With all the zombie themed attractions opening up in Orlando there is definitely a year round audience for this.

Reactions: Joel
I wonder if they will try to have this done before next year's HHN.

USF already has capacity issues. This will not help in the short-term.

With all the zombie themed attractions opening up in Orlando there is definitely a year round audience for this.

I'd wager next year, to make up for the fact of F&F being delayed to 2018.

Which, would also make sense due to one thing..

F&F is going to be screenz heavy. Volcano Bay and TWDA should help remedy the situation that they will be dealing with for 2018 if it's heavy on screens.

The actual tweet itself..

...giving my thoughts whether or not it should/will happen, I'll say this.

1.) It gets rid of a screen-based attraction based off a dated IP. Sure, T2 is one of the most iconic summer blockbuster films, but it's not something that the park can rely on to attract a large crowd. TWD, can do that. It's a popular (ish) IP that much like Simpsons, attracts an adult crowd.

2.) It'd be a practical attraction with live actors, animatronics and special effects. It's something that would help alleviate the screenz issue that the park (especially for USF) has been having throughout the past few years. It'd also allow them to change the maze at specific times through the year to make it more intense, which can be a plus side for locals and would potentially due to the space of the T2 building, allow for more show scenes off of future seasons to come; allowing the die hard fans and locals something new every once and a while.

3.) It's a IP that can get a crap load of money. At the end of the day, money talks; and I think no matter what, it makes sense to get it there full time as opposed to just specific times throughout the year.

Will/could fans of T23D be upset? Yes, but it's a reasonable trade for something that is practical and not exactly something at UOR (not as a full attraction..and not as pop out actors).

The difference for me is that T2 is the best 3D attraction of it's kind and actually utilizes live actors itself.

For me, T23D is timeless and no matter how old the movie gets, the show is still good. TWD also won't have nearly the staying power as Simpsons (Considering Simpsons is still on the air and TWD is surely winding down at this point is proof enough). TWD is definitely ingrained in pop-culture of this decade, but I just don't see the hype lasting once new episodes stop coming.

I guess I won't be against it if it eats up people who otherwise wouldn't be there and manages to lower wait times slightly (Fallon should help with that too).

Yeah, either that or they keep the 9 maze count with the upcharge VR house (If Popular) and pursue upgrading in a quality perspective I would assume
It would allow them to stop using the Parade barn if they really wanted. I know daytime Entertainment (Superstar) would be thrilled if that were to happen. Let's be honest, Kidszone is closing by next HHN most likely, so it would save them from re-routing too.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Let's be honest, Kidszone is closing by next HHN most likely, so it would save them from re-routing too.

Hence why I pointed out that they may just keep the 9 maze count for next year and just go in more quality control. It also works out due to that they can simply re-route the Maze tent (The tent that is housing Tomb) entrance over by Simpson (the backstage entrance to it's right of the showbuilding).

Reactions: Nick
I've been through the Hollywood version. I don't mind if it comes here, but find somewhere else to put it. T2-3D is a big spectacle, if somewhat aged, and it'd be a shame if its replacement is half of a HHN maze (its rather short in Hollywood).

Bluntly, Owly is usually full of it or hilariously behind on information. Treat his info more as entertainment than leaks or breaking news.

*edit*

To further clarify, this is more like speculation than him being told it is happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
I love the idea, but USF can't lose any more capacity until Fallon opens up and maybe even until F&F opens. Especially if there's a resort wide bump from Volcano Bay.

I love the idea, but USF can't lose any more capacity until Fallon opens up and maybe even until F&F opens. Especially if there's a resort wide bump from Volcano Bay.

Just based on its location alone, I would assume T2 is one of the most skipped major attractions at the park anyway. I don't think it'd be the loss one would assume.

Just based on its location alone, I would assume T2 is one of the most skipped major attractions at the park anyway. I don't think it'd be the loss one would assume.
I don't really think T2 would need to close until after Fallon opens though.

TWD at USH took very little time to put together.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush