Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (movie) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (movie)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I didn't mean to actually imply mummy was or should go, just meant to say the New York area can absolutely pull off a 20s/30s style, the place always gave an old New York feel to me...

:blank:

I am ashamed of you! Borrow the friggin DVD's from a neighbor or something. It will give you much more context. I am not sure you read books, but they are delightful and much more in depth than the movies. The books brought me to tears at least 3 times. The movies not so much.

Yeah, can we strike that notion please.
I watched bits & pieces of the movies on TV, but I've never gone to the movie theater to watch one. I've seen enough to know what's going on in the parks. I'm one of the prime examples of a person that's not much of a HP Potter fan (movies & books) that is blown away & thoroughly enjoys what Universal has done with the IP. Heck, on our 2014 fall vacation we spent a total of apx. 40 hours exploring & enjoying Diagon Alley, Gringotts & HE. And during my first trip to Hogsmeade in 2011 Spring, I loved it even though I had only watched about a half hour of the first movie to get a few basics down.

I doubt Beasts will replace The Mummy, especially as they have the rebooted movie coming out, I don't think there is room anywhere near The Mummy for it to go is there ? Could they rip out DC and put something in there or will LC go and they put it in there ?

My choice would be to put Fantastic Beasts into Mummy's building and build a fully fleshed out Egyptian area in the 3rd gate with an all new Mummy attraction. Similar to Singapore.

IMG_2995.JPG

Last edited:
Well that would be one way of doing it, it keeps the NY theme for Fantastic Beasts so they wouldn't need to overlay a new area and perhaps just do a few tweaks to the overall outside to match it up then as you so do a complete new area in the 3rd park. The Mummy is the other side of Diagon Alley with F&F between the two if i recall ? So San Fran would be between the 2 ?

Well that would be one way of doing it, it keeps the NY theme for Fantastic Beasts so they wouldn't need to overlay a new area and perhaps just do a few tweaks to the overall outside to match it up then as you so do a complete new area in the 3rd park. The Mummy is the other side of Diagon Alley with F&F between the two if i recall ? So San Fran would be between the 2 ?
Fantastic Beasts would be a stand alone attraction with some '30s placemaking like a couple of old cars and newspaper boxes placed around and of course the exit store would become FB related.

Yes that's what i thought, my locations of things at Universal is a bit shaky so wasn't sure how close they were to each other.

Fantastic Beasts would be a stand alone attraction with some '30s placemaking like a couple of old cars and newspaper boxes placed around and of course the exit store would become FB related.
For what it's worth, it would seem like a major setting in the film is going to be MACUSA (The Magical Congress of the United States of America). Which is just the US Ministry of Magic. Like the UK Ministry, it is hidden beneath another building. In the case of MACUSA, it is housed in the NYC Woolworth building. The characters in the film walk through the Woolworth lobby to access the entrance to MACUSA.

I could see the Woolworth entrance replacing either the main Mummy museum facade or the rerouted entrance since it already has a similar arch.

Fantastic-Beasts-04.jpg

Screen_20Shot_202015-12-15_20at_204.06.36_20PM.0.png

the-revenge-of-the-mummy-ride-at-islands-of-adventure-universal-orlando-ctpdbk.jpg

Are those photos of a real building in NYC? That is a great facade!
The first photo is a still image taken from one of the Fantastic Beasts trailers. They recreated that building, along with other NY locations, as an exterior set on the WB Leavesden lot for the movie.

The second photo is a modern photo of the real Woolworth builing in NYC.

Here's another photo of the real building, for comparison....

dsc_0332.jpg

The address listed is 233 Broadway, New York, NY 10007.

Here is the Google Streetview of it: Google Maps

Aaaaah, way down near Wall Street! Thank goodness as I think I was down kind of that area at the World Trade Center and then way over on the east river so only twice. I doubt ever via Broadway.

Does that make me an "Uptown Girl"? :saywhat: