Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
LOL.. and a follow up question, did they remove it because of safety reasons or were they just not working at all?
From what I had heard they decided to remove it during preview night due to people falling. There was a raised section of floor that it was built into, so I'm assuming they had to wait till that night or the next day to remove it.

Reactions: Joel
Hopefully they also remove some of the hanging vines that are all over the place lol, they really went overboard with the vines hanging, theres too much stuff in the roof.
Yeah, I appreciate the realism in them being in there. Typically hanging stuff is way overused, but here it actually makes sense. I expect them to be thinned out a little on their own as the event goes on.

it might make sense but its very annoying to have something in your face every few steps. I think they made it too long. If it was shorter touching your head only it would be cool, but the vines are long and rough, not a good mix for a house as dark as this.

From what I had heard they decided to remove it during preview night due to people falling. There was a raised section of floor that it was built into, so I'm assuming they had to wait till that night or the next day to remove it.
They were all there the 16th, so I assume they removed them the day of the 17th or the Monday or Tuesday after.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
They were all there the 16th, so I assume they removed them the day of the 17th or the Monday or Tuesday after.
They were definitely there on the 16th but I didn't notice them on the 17th. It was a cool effect but me and the Mrs were both kind of worried about someone getting hurt on them easily.

Reactions: SeventyOne
By the time the main gates open I would avoid AHS. If your staying for the whole night it might be worth saving that one for the very last one. I've noticed Krampus seems to open before Ghost Town. I did Krampus one day right after AHS (from S&S) and then it lets you out near Ghost Town and did that with minimal wait. I would then head to the back.

Does this mean Krampus has a 6pm opening time or 6:30pm?

What was it?

I'm skirting around this one. If you don't notice anything missing, PM me and I will answer. My hints would be that I assume it hurts profits, but hey not having them helps the environment.

They removed the moving floor pieces.

Apparently, I heard during preview night they were having issues with them and would remove them. They seem to be gone now.

I had the moving floors on SAT. Not sure if it related, but when we were leaving the other Sprung tent that night, I heard 'bring a wheelchair' as we neared the exit of that tent.

Going Saturday, Oct. 1st (sans Express and S&S) and was wondering what the best plan of action would be. We always get there around 4:30/5 to be in line. Trying to figure out if we should do AHS first or leave it for last. We had originally decided we would do AHS first and then work backwards (Krampus -> Halloween, etc.) but someone on here mentioned that they were in by 6:33 and the wait was already 95 mins. With that in mind, would we still be better off doing it first or should we leave it for last and just start backwards? We also decided we'd be okay with skipping TWD if we must since we've done it all other years. Thanks in advance!

That was opening night and I had gotten into the park at 6:33 (or to AHS at that time). I do think the gates open before 6:30, but I am not sure. I think I mentioned I would not try AHS first.

See, last year, I went to the first SS house first one night and I noticed the line seemed to be slowed as a lot of VIP tours seemed to start there. It being the house closest to the front gate, I just think you lose time waiting when you could knock a couple of houses out in the time spent waiting on that one.

My family is bad about touring though (too slow) and I do not know opening times. SAT we went to Finn's S&S, got in early to Exorsist. Then Ghost Town was closed, went into TWD and there was no time posted...started hearing 'pre fill', but couldn't get a time for 'opening' and didn't want to wait 30 minutes there...so the fam went to the store and I took pictures in Survive or Die.

Since you are going after the AP nights are over, I would think starting w/ the tents would work better and others have mentioned how they got good house counts done quickly.

I think this video does a good job of showing what I was talking about with the Chance persona being off.

Real Chance

Then take a look at either Tim or Kyle's video for Scareactor Dining
Tim

Kyle

Other than the obvious Chance wig she is wearing and the several pounds lighter? I hope no one thought the dining Chance was the real Chance

Other than the obvious Chance wig she is wearing and the several pounds lighter? I hope no one thought the dining Chance was the real Chance

I don't think it's a horrible personification of Chance. The voice is pretty damn close, and I bet the other actors (wanna call 'em the 2nd Chances anyone?) will settle into their characters more as the event goes on and they get more lines in their repertoire.

That radio interview was a bit cringe-worthy though. You'd think they could give her some idea of the questions they were going to ask instead of making her improv the whole thing.

I don't think it's a horrible personification of Chance. The voice is pretty damn close, and I bet the other actors (wanna call 'em the 2nd Chances anyone?) will settle into their characters more as the event goes on and they get more lines in their repertoire.

That radio interview was a bit cringe-worthy though. You'd think they could give her some idea of the questions they were going to ask instead of making her improv the whole thing.

Not horrible but the real Chance owns the role, the other is playing it.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
The Chance in the dining videos is great but seems like a totally different take on the character. Not bad, not good just different. Also she seems very familiar but I can't quite place her, she must have done something else I've seen, perhaps a scare zone last year or something?