Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I was aware, the entire area had been remediated. I wonder if this is a further level of cleaning required for heavier construction disturbance related to the planned roadway extensions?

By classifying it as a Brownfield the local government can tap into federal money to ready the land for economic development and to do with what they please. Brownfield classification has also been used to acquire land that has sat idle, unused, or abandoned. My guess is Universal has worked out a deal with the local government to acquire and ready the land to use as part of their transit system.

By classifying it as a Brownfield the local government can tap into federal money to ready the land for economic development and to do with what they please. Brownfield classification has also been used to acquire land that has sat idle, unused, or abandoned. My guess is Universal has worked out a deal with the local government to acquire and ready the land to use as part of their transit system.

When you say their transit system, who's do you mean?

Interesting stuff.

I seen this earlier and thought it would be relevant since the idea of transparent screens on a monorail between the two resorts has been mentioned plenty of times.

Those are transparent OLED screens, correct? I would think that would cost a fortune for every window on a monorail even though it would be great.

Give it a few years and the prices will tumble like all technology. The screens would be a small percentage of the overall price but would be one of the most noticeable aspects.

Then again, how much of a necessity are they anyway? Would Universal want you to see outside the monorail at any stage?

Give it a few years and the prices will tumble like all technology. The screens would be a small percentage of the overall price but would be one of the most noticeable aspects.

Then again, how much of a necessity are they anyway? Would Universal want you to see outside the monorail at any stage?

True, it's either i-drive or Lockheed Martin. So, US kitch or US weapons development. What a dichotomy! ;)

These power lines come down from that power grid, right through the center of the property. (picture is looking north)

Universal_Lockheed_zpsyytvvbt0.jpg

I wish they could move that large power station/grid thingy. It is smack dab in the middle of what would be the resort.

Google Maps

These power lines come down from that power grid, right through the center of the property. (picture is looking north)

Universal_Lockheed_zpsyytvvbt0.jpg

I have no doubt these will be addressed in the plans with the power station being moved and the lines buried/moved.

The substation and all the power lines are a pretty easy fix. It would all need upgrading for the new resort property anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.