Solo: A Star Wars Story | Inside Universal Forums

Solo: A Star Wars Story

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Decided to make this thread title fit more with Rogue One..even if its not the official one. So keep it in mind.

It has been officially announced that Aiden Ehrenreich (Beautiful Creatures, Hail Ceasar!) will be attached to play Han Solo, the iconic smuggler.

The film will be directed by both Phil Lord and Chris Miller (LEGO Movie, 21/22 Jump Street) and will be releasing on May 25th, 2018; as its rumored to be on the origins of the iconic character, and how he meet the favorite Wookie; Chewbacca.

Thoughts on the official announcement of Adien being cast as Han? Are you excited to see what Lord and Miller can do with-in a story like Star Wars? Leave your thoughts below.

Lord and Miller have a solid track record, so they deserve the benefit of the doubt. I wish they would have gone with Reynor though.

Chewbacca has been confirmed to be in the upcoming Han Solo spinoff film.
Peter Mayhew doesn't *really* play Chewbacca still, right? I was under the impression that for TFA he was only used for closeups. Another, younger performer would play Chewbacca in all the "motion intensive" scenes.

Hopefully he gets the opportunity to stay as Chewie for this movie.

I can't imagine Mayhew coming back, except for the voiceover work. This film is going to be set when both characters are in their prime and needing the actors to be fully agile for the required action scenes.

Last edited:
Peter Mayhew does the stuff where Chewie is sat down or not doing very much, they have someone else that does all the walking and action parts now.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Peter Mayhew doesn't *really* play Chewbacca still, right? I was under the impression that for TFA he was only used for closeups. Another, younger performer would play Chewbacca in all the "motion intensive" scenes.

Hopefully he gets the opportunity to stay as Chewie for this movie.
The torch has indeed official been passed off. I know there's a bonus feature with Mayhew working with the new Chewbacca. Mayhew served mostly as an advisory role in TFA, helping to teach the new Chewy (Joonas Suotamo) the mannerism's of the character. He also did voice work.

According to Wikipedia, Ian Whyte did Chewbacca's stunts in TFA.

Emilia isn't the best actress...hype cancelled. Why do they seem to overcast British actors as well?

Personal opinions aside, British actors are some very versatile actors. And because of that, we have gotten some amazing performances; regardless if it's the biggest blockbuster or the smallest of indie films.

It's almost like saying that to Australian actors, Japanese actors, or hell; American actors.

That being said, Emilia is also someone that is well known; due to Game of Thrones and what not have you. It makes sense that, especially with a story like Han Solo; you get actors and actresses that can ensure great performances overall. I would also say that as of now; they have done well when it comes to casting in roles for Star Wars so-far, so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt as long as they do great.

Reactions: LieutLaww
Personal opinions aside, British actors are some very versatile actors. And because of that, we have gotten some amazing performances; regardless if it's the biggest blockbuster or the smallest of indie films.

It's almost like saying that to Australian actors, Japanese actors, or hell; American actors.

That being said, Emilia is also someone that is well known; due to Game of Thrones and what not have you. It makes sense that, especially with a story like Han Solo; you get actors and actresses that can ensure great performances overall. I would also say that as of now; they have done well when it comes to casting in roles for Star Wars so-far, so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt as long as they do great.

Emilia Clarke is well known because of Game of Thrones but that doesn't mean she acts well in Game of Thrones. And she was horrible in Terminator Geneysis.

I love British actors. Its just becoming predictable in casting.

Last edited:
I appreciate that we seem to have another female lead (even if she obviously won't be the main character this time), but I wish it wasn't another brunette white woman after getting Rey and Jyn. I wouldn't mind a bit more diversity. :shrug:

Wouldn't be surprised to see them pushed to December. Both Infinity Wars should be massive throughout the months of May, so Disney probably wouldn't want to risk lower returns on either franchise.