Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will Another Coaster Ever Be Built At Universal?

There is so much space where Dragon Challenge is. Just in case you don't believe me, have a look. This is the exact size in both relations. You could fit diagonal alley into that space. That includes tons of shops, a coaster and the train station. Could easily fit a resturaunt, an indoor launch coaster, and more than likely an interactive dark ride with the same building size as Transformers. I would rather have Dark Forest than two rough B&M inverted. This might even be a little larger when I photoshopped it onto Dragon Challenge area View attachment 3493

What would be built. I feel like a lot of construction should go to the castle and hogsmeade itself. The castle looks way too small up close. Also space is very small btw the castle and hippo. You can just replace am indoor coaster w all that space. That's just the size of even smaller than Gringotts.

What would be built. I feel like a lot of construction should go to the castle and hogsmeade itself. The castle looks way too small up close. Also space is very small btw the castle and hippo. You can just replace am indoor coaster w all that space. That's just the size of even smaller than Gringotts.

I'd think that the core principle of the expansion is to bring the Forbidden Forest to a fully fledged themed area with a brand new E-Ticket coaster (Akin to Taron/Black Mamba), perhaps a Great Hall dining experience, and brand new additional capacity for the entire area of Hogsmeade.

I'd think that the core principle of the expansion is to bring the Forbidden Forest to a fully fledged themed area with a brand new E-Ticket coaster (Akin to Taron/Black Mamba), perhaps a Great Hall dining experience, and brand new additional capacity for the entire area of Hogsmeade.

For a Great Hall dining experience, you're going to have to enter through the castle so it will be interesting how that plays out if it's done.

For a Great Hall dining experience, you're going to have to enter through the castle so it will be interesting how that plays out if it's done.

That's..not necessarily true.

They could do a similar thing to when Harry, Ron and Hermonie were sneaking through Hogwarts in Deathly Hallows from a part of Hogsmeade to Hogwarts. It can be simply explained that there are some points of emergency routes to have certain people arrive to Hogwarts unnoticed or to escape without anyone knowing..

That's..not necessarily true.

They could do a similar thing to when Harry, Ron and Hermonie were sneaking through Hogwarts in Deathly Hallows from a part of Hogsmeade to Hogwarts. It can be simply explained that there are some points of emergency routes to have certain people arrive to Hogwarts unnoticed or to escape without anyone knowing..

With JK Rowling's obsession with things being in the correct place, I can't see it any other way. However, they just need to give the illusion that you're still in Hogwarts. Enter through the door and take a windy walk through the corridors.hogwarts dinner.jpg

The best possible outcome that would satisfy everyone's needs would be to revamp Hogsmeade by removing DC and placing a very well themed *family* coaster, create the great hall restaurant that would definitely make lots of cash, and expand the area where hippogriff is for nightly shows. Then, you can move hippogriff to the current lost continent where the land will be fully reimagined, a dark ride to replace both poseidon and sinbad.

The best possible outcome that would satisfy everyone's needs would be to revamp Hogsmeade by removing DC and placing a very well themed *family* coaster, create the great hall restaurant that would definitely make lots of cash, and expand the area where hippogriff is for nightly shows. Then, you can move hippogriff to the current lost continent where the land will be fully reimagined, a dark ride to replace both poseidon and sinbad.

I think there will be a lot of outrage if it's a family coaster. They're taking away 2 extreme coasters and replacing it with the 2nd family coaster for HP (If Hippogriff is moved)

As much as HP can be viewed as a family IP, I think there's a demand for a darker more extreme ride. The majority of fans are now young adults or older who love this kind of attraction.

With JK Rowling's obsession with things being in the correct place, I can't see it any other way. However, they just need to give the illusion that you're still in Hogwarts. Enter through the door and take a windy walk through the corridors.View attachment 3495

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I want to show what I exactly mean for the case of having the Great Hall entrance be based more off of material from DH along with the Forbidden Forest and other things..

I think there will be a lot of outrage if it's a family coaster. They're taking away 2 extreme coasters and replacing it with the 2nd family coaster for HP (If Hippogriff is moved)

As much as HP can be viewed as a family IP, I think there's a demand for a darker more extreme ride. The majority of fans are now young adults or older who love this kind of attraction.

This.

I guess it depends on how you classify "family" coaster...I'm not sure we've ever come to an agreement on it...I consider Cheetah Hunt a family coaster, and it is pretty thrilling...I consider Hippo to be more of a borderline kiddie coaster

Lol...how in the world does this satisfy everyone's needs? This is a terrible idea. Please don't submit any surveys.

But a new castle entry way would be needed. I really would want to see what UC can do with this dinning experience and a walkway through a different view of Hogwarts.

With JK Rowling's obsession with things being in the correct place, I can't see it any other way. However, they just need to give the illusion that you're still in Hogwarts. Enter through the door and take a windy walk through the corridors.View attachment 3495
The only way a great hall resturant should be done is how scott_walker said. Behind the great hall facade or it's a no go. I'm pretty sure guests are gonna know that they are going the exact opposite way of the Greta hall. Especially how long it's gonna take for them to get from the front of the castle to GH. which is a few feet down, but it's gonna take a round 5 min just walking through. You can pull off a GH resturant behind the actual GH facade, but you can't pull it off when you have to go to Hialeah and back. What are people gonna think when they leave the resturant and see the Hogwarts castle in the distance along with the great hall next to it looking 1/2 a mile away. I don't think it would work IMO

I guess it depends on how you classify "family" coaster...I'm not sure we've ever come to an agreement on it...I consider Cheetah Hunt a family coaster, and it is pretty thrilling...I consider Hippo to be more of a borderline kiddie coaster

I think hippo should get USH hippo cars. The line goes up to 45 min and I see all members from families going on it. 2 people can barley fit in one car. USH and USJ's cars are actually made for two people.

But Hagrids hut is right next to the castle, not a mile away. A dark ride and a family coaster? We never talked about your last few sentences, and I don't think anyone has agreed to move hippo.

The only way a great hall resturant should be done is how scott_walker said. Behind the great hall facade or it's a no go. I'm pretty sure guests are gonna know that they are going the exact opposite way of the Greta hall. Especially how long it's gonna take for them to get from the front of the castle to GH. which is a few feet down, but it's gonna take a round 5 min just walking through. You can pull off a GH resturant behind the actual GH facade, but you can't pull it off when you have to go to Hialeah and back. What are people gonna think when they leave the resturant and see the Hogwarts castle in the distance along with the great hall next to it looking 1/2 a mile away. I don't think it would work IMO

Are you arguing for and against me? :lol:

I totally forgot to mention this. I went to universal this weekend, and I went on DC as usual. I went front row, and it was a pretty normal ride UNTIL.... The cars took off at the same time. They where beginning to go up together and people where confused. Of course this has happened a bunch of other times, but this time was different. We where going up, and neither of the cars where slowing down. People were screaming, clapping, and I was about to cry. I couldn't believe I was 20 seconds up the lift and we where still going at the same rate. Then, it stopped. We where at the verge of the pinnacle point of the hill, and our car didn't slow down, it stopped completely. We where in that position for around 3 minutes. It was really long, and usually the cars slow down if they are next to each other mid lift. I guess someone didn't notice, and they had to stop. It was awesome. Everyone was so happy, and I again knew the excitement you got when two cars where going up together.
Dang. That's awesome.