Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will Another Coaster Ever Be Built At Universal?

Well first, I've been stalking these forums for couple of months and have finally joined so yay. And second I think they should really take out Dragon Challenge. I love the ride but they need it gone. There's just too much space. So I think adding in the dark forest would be great. If they could add an Intamin launched like Taron ( or a Mack Launch like Madagascar Mad Pursuit- Motiongate Dubai) themed to the flying car scene in Chamber of secrets would be great. Have a dark section to get the story started where you do a jo-jo roll then launch and do some fun things. The it launches you agin outside a do a test track like outdoor section. Would be great
This post reminds me of Jaws ride. As it was, I didn't see it to be an entire land housing several eateries and shops, a grand indoor roller coaster/simulator, and an extremely well built train station with a working train. I didnt see the Jaws ride being that. Diagon more than likely probabaly got us Jimmy, Fast, and Aventura or fast tracked them if not.

The space that Dueling Dragons takes up, can fit a Diagon Alley and Some in there! It also allows for Universal to once again seperate the Orlando Wizarding World from the World. Nobody can be mad at that. I'm all for the deconstruction of the drags especially if it means we will get a themed coaster elsewhere in the park in 3-6 years.

Well first, I've been stalking these forums for couple of months and have finally joined so yay. And second I think they should really take out Dragon Challenge. I love the ride but they need it gone. There's just too much space. So I think adding in the dark forest would be great. If they could add an Intamin launched like Taron ( or a Mack Launch like Madagascar Mad Pursuit- Motiongate Dubai) themed to the flying car scene in Chamber of secrets would be great. Have a dark section to get the story started where you do a jo-jo roll then launch and do some fun things. The it launches you agin outside a do a test track like outdoor section. Would be great

Don't get me wrong, Intamin has some great rides and their Impulses are some of the best. I absolutely love Maverick. But I can not in any circumstances see Uni putting in a full on Intamin coaster. The reliability and downtime are just way too high on them. Pretty much all of the major US chains have stopped building Intamins for that reason. I know Intamin was part of the Gringott's team, and with all the delays that had, I'm sure thats another strike against them. Even if the delays weren't all their fault, I can't imagine that would help them get another contract.

I really, really don't want to see Dragon Challenge leave. It was one of the day 1 attractions and could become a classic one day if they let it duel again. IF they had to remove it, I like your idea of a taron esque ride. But please, don't remove it for another 3d ride. please....

I really, really don't want to see Dragon Challenge leave. It was one of the day 1 attractions and could become a classic one day if they let it duel again. IF they had to remove it, I like your idea of a taron esque ride. But please, don't remove it for another 3d ride. please....

The sad reality is that it probably won't duel again. The land is there for a coaster and something else. The current location is perfect for a coaster as it's at the opposite end of the park from Hulk and keeps a good healthy balance.

I totally forgot to mention this. I went to universal this weekend, and I went on DC as usual. I went front row, and it was a pretty normal ride UNTIL.... The cars took off at the same time. They where beginning to go up together and people where confused. Of course this has happened a bunch of other times, but this time was different. We where going up, and neither of the cars where slowing down. People were screaming, clapping, and I was about to cry. I couldn't believe I was 20 seconds up the lift and we where still going at the same rate. Then, it stopped. We where at the verge of the pinnacle point of the hill, and our car didn't slow down, it stopped completely. We where in that position for around 3 minutes. It was really long, and usually the cars slow down if they are next to each other mid lift. I guess someone didn't notice, and they had to stop. It was awesome. Everyone was so happy, and I again knew the excitement you got when two cars where going up together.

If they could add an Intamin launched like Taron ( or a Mack Launch like Madagascar Mad Pursuit- Motiongate Dubai)

First off, welcome! Secondly, just a little correction. Mack is not doing the Madagascar coaster, that one is being done by Gerstlauer. (Mack is handling the Capitol Bullet train coaster.)

The sad reality is that it probably won't duel again. The land is there for a coaster and something else. The current location is perfect for a coaster as it's at the opposite end of the park from Hulk and keeps a good healthy balance.
When LC was the orginal LC, DD was at perfect placement adjacent to Hulk...I would rather see the forbidden forest expansion that was rumored

I totally forgot to mention this. I went to universal this weekend, and I went on DC as usual. I went front row, and it was a pretty normal ride UNTIL.... The cars took off at the same time. They where beginning to go up together and people where confused. Of course this has happened a bunch of other times, but this time was different. We where going up, and neither of the cars where slowing down. People were screaming, clapping, and I was about to cry. I couldn't believe I was 20 seconds up the lift and we where still going at the same rate. Then, it stopped. We where at the verge of the pinnacle point of the hill, and our car didn't slow down, it stopped completely. We where in that position for around 3 minutes. It was really long, and usually the cars slow down if they are next to each other mid lift. I guess someone didn't notice, and they had to stop. It was awesome. Everyone was so happy, and I again knew the excitement you got when two cars where going up together.

Sounds like they have built an E-stop into the ride to prevent them from dueling.

I don't entirely agree with you on that. DC's lines went heavily down once it was absorbed into Potter. That really shows how much of an afterthought that particular coaster is to most visitors.

Universal still uses Hulk footage pretty heavily in their marketing (or at least they did), so they think a coaster can bring people in.

The lines for DD were always short compared to literally every other ride in the park, way before Potter opened, trust me I remember well. It's all capacity based. I remember we used to just double back and go on it over and over. If anything "killed" DC it was the completely stupid idea to no longer have the coaster duel.

That being said, it's still a great ride and I'd be pissed if they tore it down to make another Potter "half movie/half dark ride" experience.

The lines for DD were always short compared to literally every other ride in the park, way before Potter opened, trust me I remember well. It's all capacity based. I remember we used to just double back and go on it over and over. If anything "killed" DC it was the completely stupid idea to no longer have the coaster duel.

That being said, it's still a great ride and I'd be pissed if they tore it down to make another Potter "half movie/half dark ride" experience.

I remember DC always being 15 minutes or less, now I go to the wizarding worlds and its around 30 to 45.

I remember DC always being 15 minutes or less, now I go to the wizarding worlds and its around 30 to 45.

well to be fair that's just because more people visit the park now, the point I was trying to make, as I stated originally, is that Coaster DO attract a large audience, and I think UOR would be foolish to forget that. I'd take a top quality coaster over another Transformers any day of the week.

I don't entirely agree with you on that. DC's lines went heavily down once it was absorbed into Potter. That really shows how much of an afterthought that particular coaster is to most visitors.

Universal still uses Hulk footage pretty heavily in their marketing (or at least they did), so they think a coaster can bring people in.

Not true, the lines actually went up a lot. DC was always in the 15-25 minute wait MAX. I always went and it was 10-15, but now it's 35-40 on a busy day. It's way more noticed and popular than before. Even if the old version was way better.

well to be fair that's just because more people visit the park now, the point I was trying to make, as I stated originally, is that Coaster DO attract a large audience, and I think UOR would be foolish to forget that. I'd take a top quality coaster over another Transformers any day of the week.

True

There is so much space where Dragon Challenge is. Just in case you don't believe me, have a look. This is the exact size in both relations. You could fit diagonal alley into that space. That includes tons of shops, a coaster and the train station. Could easily fit a resturaunt, an indoor launch coaster, and more than likely an interactive dark ride with the same building size as Transformers. I would rather have Dark Forest than two rough B&M inverted. This might even be a little larger when I photoshopped it onto Dragon Challenge area 1483651680643.jpeg

If only there was space

Maybe, they nock down one of the shows in LC and move DC into its place. Those shows, no one watches them, and the only reason why people go to it is because the facade is really cool. They take up so much space, and it could be enough space to squeeze DC back. Then, you can add your HP dark ride or whatever and change DC back to DD. Ayye, problem solved. ;)