Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping for a last week of March soft opening to tie it into a 3 three day Disney Cruise. But we backed off on the whole trip cause we didn't want to miss on Volcano Bay.

Now we plan of either 2018 spring break with a 3 day cruise or using Orlando as a launch point to London for Europe vacation.

With planning, we have done lots of renovation to or 15 year old home bringing it up to date by using reward cards and the their huge bonuses. We pulled off each getting enough points on Southwest cards that qualify us both for companion passes for this year and next. Soe we have tons of points and kids fly free till end of 2018.

If you're waiting til 2018, the Brightline may be open by then for a direct rail route from ORL to PBI to FLL to MIA. That means plenty more options for flying.

Currently the West Palm Beach - Ft. Lauderdale - Miami section is scheduled to open this year with Orlando connection "soon after". Personally, I cannot wait for this to open. The Ft. Lauderdale station is about 2 miles from my house, so soon I will be able to start drinking while traveling to Orlando on Brightline (or finishing up some work if needed to leave earlier on Friday).

I was hoping for a last week of March soft opening to tie it into a 3 three day Disney Cruise. But we backed off on the whole trip cause we didn't want to miss on Volcano Bay.

Now we plan of either 2018 spring break with a 3 day cruise or using Orlando as a launch point to London for Europe vacation.

With planning, we have done lots of renovation to or 15 year old home bringing it up to date by using reward cards and the their huge bonuses. We pulled off each getting enough points on Southwest cards that qualify us both for companion passes for this year and next. Soe we have tons of points and kids fly free till end of 2018.[/QUOTE Sounds like a plan. :)
Sounds like a good plan. :thumbsup:

Re: soft openings

I understand the appeal of traveling close to opening and hoping for soft openings, but it is not advised to book based on that. "Historically" I should have been able to go into Diagon in June 2014 and Kong May 2015 but didn't.

Do not plan on Soft Openings and don't try to predict them. If you have to go to VB move your trip after May 25th.

Do not plan on Soft Openings and don't try to predict them. If you have to go to VB move your trip after May 25th.
And honestly, to be really safe, June 25th. While Universal doesn't have the history like Disney, it certainly isn't impossible. While it will almost assuredly open on May 25th, there is still a great chance 100% of it won't be ready on that date. Say the wave pool doesn't work. Or the coaster. Mechanical problems or some major malfunction that will take weeks to fix, etc.

I went ahead and moved my trip up to the weekend before it opens. My son's AP expires on the 22nd of May so that's the last weekend I'm going to take the kids up. My wife and I will be able to go in September so I'm not too worried about it anyway. I was just wondering if the odds were better 3 weekends before or the week before. I know there isn't anyway to know and it's all speculation but was just curious of what has happened in past soft openings. Thanks for the info.

Curious to see if they push back opening times if this place is a home run.

I'm sure evening hours will be packed in June. The real test will be in August tho.

Damn, I really need to go when I head out in Oct, I hadn't planned on it as I was going to be staying at D but looking at it I think I really need to make an extra effort to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.