Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With some of the smaller separated lots they got in the south property purchase, is there any chance they could move the soundstages to those plots? Those plots will not be much direct use to the resort, so they'd have to be auxiliary type facilities. Move the soundstage for wrestling and whatever else they have filming to these off site plots. Design the new park from the ground up with house locations scattered throughout. Then you can remove the soundstages from the North property, and have room to expand the existing parks. They could also then use existing parks for a MNSSHP type event if they wanted. Granted a lot of that would depend on the target demo is for the new park. If it's built to go after the MK demo, a HHN event is pretty much not realistic.

With some of the smaller separated lots they got in the south property purchase, is there any chance they could move the soundstages to those plots? Those plots will not be much direct use to the resort, so they'd have to be auxiliary type facilities. Move the soundstage for wrestling and whatever else they have filming to these off site plots. Design the new park from the ground up with house locations scattered throughout. Then you can remove the soundstages from the North property, and have room to expand the existing parks. They could also then use existing parks for a MNSSHP type event if they wanted. Granted a lot of that would depend on the target demo is for the new park. If it's built to go after the MK demo, a HHN event is pretty much not realistic.
I feel like once a third park is built there will definitely be a MNSSHP equivalent at the resort as more and more families have started staying on site. As i'm guessing HHN will stay at USF (again, pure guess), I feel an event like that will happen at the third park. It may also be better suited for a third park as it's seeming very likely that an entire DreamWorks Animation (or general animation - Laika/Illumination/DWA) section will be part of that park.

Things are pointing to Oz again. Pure speculation but it seems NBCUniversal is hitting the gaps they missed owned by Disney (Return to Oz characters etc) and owned by other elements through certain means.

I thought everything in the Oz books was public domain at this point.

Reactions: E.Gadd
I feel like once a third park is built there will definitely be a MNSSHP equivalent at the resort as more and more families have started staying on site. As i'm guessing HHN will stay at USF (again, pure guess), I feel an event like that will happen at the third park. It may also be better suited for a third park as it's seeming very likely that an entire DreamWorks Animation (or general animation - Laika/Illumination/DWA) section will be part of that park.
If they were going to make a family event it would make more sense, to me anyway, if it was a shared event between USF and IoA and HHN went off by itself to the third park.

Reactions: fryoj
If they were going to make a family event it would make more sense, to me anyway, if it was a shared event between USF and IoA and HHN went off by itself to the third park.
imo, You don't want to have all three parks closed off for special events at a time when they are likely to have well over 10,000 on-site room, possibly more towards 15-20,000 once the South plot of land and Wet n Wild plots are built out.

There needs to be a park for these people to go to just as a regular guest. They certainly all won't be able to fit into HHN on a given night (and many won't even want to) so a MNSSHP equivalent is a natural addition.

However, there will be people that just want to go to the park too, just like people want to go to a park when MK has MNSSHP or MVMCP. During those times, people still have 3 other parks to choose from. My point is, there needs to be an alternate option besides upcharge events.

imo, You don't want to have all three parks closed off for special events at a time when they are likely to have well over 10,000 on-site room, possibly more towards 15-20,000 once the South plot of land and Wet n Wild plots are built out.

There needs to be a park for these people to go to just as a regular guest. They certainly all won't be able to fit into HHN on a given night (and many won't even want to) so a MNSSHP equivalent is a natural addition.

However, there will be people that just want to go to the park too, just like people want to go to a park when MK has MNSSHP or MVMCP. During those times, people still have 3 other parks to choose from. My point is, there needs to be an alternate option besides upcharge events.
I didn't say the family event would be payed.

Well Universal certainly isn't going to put it on for free. Hell, they're charging for the Mardi Gras concerts this year even to certain groups of APs.

This is the second time I see this written like this and it's slightly confusing. Do you mean the Seasonal APs having blackout dates at USF on concert nights?

Wouldn't it be the same thing as saying Disney is charging for concerts for certain groups of APs when they're blacked out during an Epcot festival?

Reactions: Nick
This is the second time I see this written like this and it's slightly confusing. Do you mean the Seasonal APs having blackout dates at USF on concert nights?

Wouldn't it be the same thing as saying Disney is charging for concerts for certain groups of APs when they're blacked out during an Epcot festival?
Sure it's the same and admittedly the Universal concert acts are more relevant so they have all the right in the world to charge extra. That really wasn't the point though, I was just using the first example that came to mind, albeit maybe not the best.

The point was, Universal isn't going to do a MNSSHP-type event and not charge for it. The amount of money they would be far too much to pass up.

Sure it's the same and admittedly the Universal concert acts are more relevant so they have all the right in the world to charge extra. That really wasn't the point though, I was just using the first example that came to mind, albeit maybe not the best.

The point was, Universal isn't going to do a MNSSHP-type event and not charge for it. The amount of money they would be far too much to pass up.
It depends, if the new theme park would be their MK (I hope it will be) with all their animation ip's in there, they would probably try to pull the generation snowflake away from Disney. As every event they start small (a decorated main street, parade, trick of treat stations and villain character photo ops, you know, the Disney stuff) and then grow the event. Eventually, if income isn't in relation with the cost of a (what I expect) yearly changing event, they'll add a pay wall.

I love HHN but to me it seems shoehorned in .If they build a *Third park (universal is calling volcano bay third water park ) If they build another park (or two) down the road it seems to me to be a no brainer to design in from the start HHN house locations . They don't have to build them right away but putting them in the plan would be forward thinking.

How does that seasonal black out thing works? I mean, when you look at the black out calendar Mardi Gras concert dates are not marked.

How does that seasonal black out thing works? I mean, when you look at the black out calendar Mardi Gras concert dates are not marked.

It's a note on the blackout dates section: Seasonal Passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios Florida on all concert dates and will only receive access to Universal’s Islands of Adventure.

Reactions: anihilnation
I love HHN but to me it seems shoehorned in .If they build a *Third park (universal is calling volcano bay third water park ) If they build another park (or two) down the road it seems to me to be a no brainer to design in from the start HHN house locations . They don't have to build them right away but putting them in the plan would be forward thinking.
This makes so much sense and I definitely think it should be done this way, but it will really take folks some getting used to for HHN to not be at the studios! I know that in the past years when IOA was used on occasions, people even then said it felt a bit 'off'.
Give it time, I guess.

I feel the third park will be heavily IP based and therefore will be much like IOA in execution...For those of us that visited HHN IOA it was extremely limited to what they could and couldn't do theme wise...If anything shoehorning things in was what the Studios was built for as it is a Studio park

I think of it this way..The New York section of the Studios has been a Mad Max apocolypse type zone, London during Jack the Ripper, and Atlanta

Not saying I wouldn't love to see HHN move again (I think it should to make it fresh again)..I just don't see it permanently living in another park..

Status
Not open for further replies.