Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you forget DreamWorks two trending popular IPs are Trollhunters and Voltron (both on Netflix) with a decent sized internet following. Whereas you consistently think movies movies movies, TV is becoming more so popular than movies in terms of entertainment. Also diversity in landscape. If we get Universals Monster Castle, I doubt they would put another castle in the park for Shrek or another Castle for Zelda. Too many castles.

I think you forget DreamWorks two trending popular IPs are Trollhunters and Voltron (both on Netflix) with a decent sized internet following. Whereas you consistently think movies movies movies, TV is becoming more so popular than movies in terms of entertainment. Also diversity in landscape. If we get Universals Monster Castle, I doubt they would put another castle in the park for Shrek or another Castle for Zelda. Too many castles.
That's what you think. Until you find out the 3rd gate is called CASTLEMANIA.
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Get it?

I'm on record saying I don't really think Star Trek is that big of a "get". I think it'd be a decent addition somewhere, but not as a "OMG! No way!" surprise
Star Trek could be good for say, a very eventual MIB replacement (I say eventual because I want MIB to stay for now...) or some similar one-off ride. Not as a huge pull but as a nice, supplementary, smaller IP that's still iconic and well-known. Sort of like the Simpsons.

To be fair, we don't know what the extent of the Monster Universe in the case of locations (same goes to Fantastic Beasts). If anything, I am willing to stay open minded and wait till we see more out of the universe with The Mummy later this summer.

And as for Zelda, who say's it has to be Hyrule that we have seen from BOTW and other titles? It can very well be for all intensive purposes Windwaker and it wouldn't even be that much of an issue in the first place. And as for the whole castle debacle; I'll say this. What about Far Far Away? Are you excluding that off of what to say? Because that would mean that LOTR would be unlikely as they have multiple castles all within Middle Earth..

I do believe you could be onto something with Voltron, but I am holding off comment on Trollhunters until I can set down some time to watch it.

I don't know if I could see the Monster Universe coming to the parks immediately. If it's a hit (which is questionable until proven otherwise), I don't think UC could quickly get it into the parks. There's just way too much confirmed stuff in the pipeline.

I don't know if I could see the Monster Universe coming to the parks immediately. If it's a hit (which is questionable until proven otherwise), I don't think UC could quickly get it into the parks. There's just way too much confirmed stuff in the pipeline.

Monsters are coming regardless, Universal has to use them eventually to keep the image copyrights (Green Flat Top Frankenstein etc)

Monsters are coming regardless, Universal has to use them eventually to keep the image copyrights (Green Flat Top Frankenstein etc)

I would assume that they don't have an issue, as the monsters are usually at a lot of the parks for M&G's quite often (judging from various photos and videos of Hollywood and Osaka from the past few years).

I would think that they could satisfy copyright claims in a lot of different ways. Doesn't mean a parks presence would be necessary.

If a presence is required, it would explain Monsters Cafe...

we usually talk ips but i want to bring up a new topic. Next level story telling. I think what Universal needs is some next level theming and rides. I found this just surfing the web, its not a real coaster just from those roller coaster builder games but the concept and the execution was interesting and I thought wow that would be cool if they were able to translate something like this in a theme park. What are your opinions?

we usually talk ips but i want to bring up a new topic. Next level story telling. I think what Universal needs is some next level theming and rides. I found this just surfing the web, its not a real coaster just from those roller coaster builder games but the concept and the execution was interesting and I thought wow that would be cool if they were able to translate something like this in a theme park. What are your opinions?

I agree. Down with movie theatres disguised as rides! Let's get some real attractions.

Reactions: tankart150

Jokes aside - the designer of that ride/video should probably seek assistance. That really shook me.

Reactions: Joel
Jokes aside - the designer of that ride/video should probably seek assistance. That really shook me.

Its based on a video game called limbo. Its a slenderman/five nights at freddy's kind of game. Just thought something being bold with an IP would have some benefits rather than kinda playing it safe.

Its based on a video game called limbo. Its a slenderman/five nights at freddy's kind of game. Just thought something being bold with an IP would have some benefits rather than kinda playing it safe.

Oh thank god. Lol. The part with the noose was where I peaked.

New IPs to add. Universal just became minority shareholder in Amblin Partners which means it would be beneficial for all the studios that are part of Amblin Partners to promote their IPs in the park which may give us access to all of big Dreamworks, Particpant, and Amblin Entertainment IPs. (Ready Player One and Ghost in The Shell being big ones for Japan)

Reactions: Mad Dog and Nico
New IPs to add. Universal just became minority shareholder in Amblin Partners which means it would be beneficial for all the studios that are part of Amblin Partners to promote their IPs in the park which may give us access to all of big Dreamworks, Particpant, and Amblin Entertainment IPs. (Ready Player One and Ghost in The Shell being big ones for Japan)
Well Dreamworks was sold off to Universal already, and now Universal also holds part of Amblin.. maybe this is Universal trying to ease the departure of ET ride for Nintendo by buying part of his new company lol.. But it's big news for a potential Jurassic Park/World expansion based on the next few movies.

Spielberg also worked with Universal on the 2015 blockbuster Jurassic World, which served as a reboot of the director's classic dinosaur action franchise. Jurassic World featured Spielberg as an executive producer and went on to gross a whopping $1.67 billion worldwide.

Now, Universal and Amblin are developing a sequel to the film that will be released in 2018. With expectations likely to be pretty high for the Jurassic World follow-up, it makes sense that Universal would want to solidify its relationship with Amblin and Spielberg, who will once again executive produce the film. (Jurassic World director Colin will also return for the planned sequel.)

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.