Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is just absolutely silly at this point. As a guest I will happily take a year round Coke thing and the very nice temporary entrances they make for the houses. I really see zero benefit as a guest to having a structure as opposed to a opening in a gate for house entrances. I'm pretty happy with how Universal is doing things.

Thanks for saving me the time.

We just need some real news or rumors at this point.

Or maybe we could actually start speculating about what realistically will be coming to HHN27 instead rather than indulging in this nonsense.

But this year's offering will only be there for two months - this event is going on indefinitely. So by the logic presented previously in the thread infrastructure is more important than which IP is used yearly.

although waiting in the unthemed HHN ques can be a chore... especially without express pass :cry:... I would love a more thematic que experience like Big Thunder Mountain or Everest, but I realize that's not going to happen and I'm ok with it! we can't have everything we want unfortunately. Waiting in the Rip Ride Rocket que is almost as/possibly more painful and that's permanent haha.

although waiting in the unthemed HHN ques can be a chore... especially without express pass :cry:... I would love a more thematic que experience like Big Thunder Mountain or Everest, but I realize that's not going to happen and I'm ok with it! we can't have everything we want unfortunately. Waiting in the Rip Ride Rocket que is almost as/possibly more painful and that's permanent haha.
Hasta!

Reactions: HulkCoaster
Tear down the dumb coke thing, reconfigure that corner to have two permanent queue entrances for the event, use the empty pad for all the switchbacks, clean everything else up, and you've just made HHN a lot more professional looking.
You do realize that "empty pad" is a massive gravel lot where stuff is stored year round, right? It's used heavily for staging equipment for construction. Those big empty areas are vital for landlocked organizations like Universal. Building permanent queues, as blue sky perfect as it would be, would needlessly limit Universal for the purpose of fixing something that isn't broke. And that's the thing, as imperfect as the system is it isn't actually broken.

Haha, perhaps they can just remove that useless employee parking garage on the other side of the park and put everything over there. Imagine all the possibilities of what you can put into all that space occupied by loading docks and offices.

Right? As a paying guest, I never even get to SEE those things. I call for a riot!

They either let us hang out in the employee offices and parking garage, or tear them down to put an extended queue in!!!

Again, in what way does the convienence of their storage improve your guest experience?
Wow... um. Okay.

It allows them to operate on accelerated construction timelines because less time is wasted moving equipment from off site or from further away. This decreases the length of unsightly upgrades being done year round in the park.

It allows quicker access to equipment, props, and staging for after-hour events and for turn-over of seasonal displays so it can be done in one night instead of several.

Convenience for the company improves guest experience in intangible ways. Speed and accessibility foremost among them. To get rid of that for queue space, literally lines that need nothing more than to exist, is asinine.

Used yearly for their biggest event that makes far more money than that dumb coke thing.

Actually in favor of this idea... removing the Coke thing (which is underwhelming anyway) would allow a far more centralized, less-congested area for HHN, their biggest annual event. It's easily the worst choke point outside of Bill & Ted.

Reactions: TDBLMT
Actually in favor of this idea... removing the Coke thing (which is underwhelming anyway) would allow a far more centralized, less-congested area for HHN, their biggest annual event. It's easily the worst choke point outside of Bill & Ted.
I hate the stupid Coke thing and would love to it go, but only if it's replaced by something more viable. A ride entrance/exit or even an alien themed restaurant of some sort.

Having no actual knowledge of what they have planned...I'd put it at 30-40%. Those odds will go up at HHN28 and 29.

On the same page as you with this. Creatively it is ripe for a house treatment, but have another season or two out will give them more characters and environments to work with. The issues may be more with rights than anything else. I don't remember if it was her or elsewhere, but I remember reading that Netflix is very protective of their original IP.

Reactions: Clive and maroonmol
Yup. Another season would make the house much better.

The one thing that makes me think I could be off is that they farmed that license out to Funko very quickly. It may just be because Funko has a huge cache with merchandising right now, but I was a little surprised to see those Pops designed so quickly after season one.

Yup. Another season would make the house much better.

The one thing that makes me think I could be off is that they farmed that license out to Funko very quickly. It may just be because Funko has a huge cache with merchandising right now, but I was a little surprised to see those Pops designed so quickly after season one.

That's fair, but I have to imagine the ROI on those Funko Pops is much faster and more notable than licensing a one-time house at HHN. Strike while the iron is hot and all that.

Side note: now I'm picturing a Stranger Things house where all of the characters are giant Pop figures.

Reactions: RevFreako
That's fair, but I have to imagine the ROI on those Funko Pops is much faster and more notable than licensing a one-time house at HHN. Strike while the iron is hot and all that.

Side note: now I'm picturing a Stranger Things house where all of the characters are giant Pop figures.

Don't speak too loudly on that. Funko seems to get those things into every nook and cranny they can. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a "Funko Presents" house with big-ass bobble-y headed creatures.

Since we are talking possible houses... I'm new to the board here, but I heard rumors they originally planned a Scream house for last year but ditched it at the last minute... Any chance it could resurface this year or in the future?