Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 272 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott, you have been here a while and seen every update going, come on now you know these stairs are not to an individual drop slide :lol:. For reference @twebber55 yes the stairs are permanent and they are leading up to the pair of drop slides that are in the centre of the volcano, the platform will connect to the other side of the volcano to the other platform creating a bridge, see image below however the rock on the right of the image is blocking the view of the stairs. If you also skip to 1:14 in the video below you will see what I am talking about int he video.

Untitled.png

I knew there was an outdoor segment of a queue up the top but I'd always assumed that part of the queue would be inside the volcano, not all outside.

Hearing from a few sources, the majority of the scaffolding on the volcano was meant to be down weeks ago which is now holding up other contractors from starting, however even knowing that, universal cannot afford to delay the opening date and announced it anyway.
All i can think of is a rush to finish, cutting corners and ultimately a sub-par product for opening day, I know people are booking vacations around the Pandora opening, which Uni wants to cash in on, but pushing contractors to their limits never gets good results.

I knew there was an outdoor segment of a queue up the top but I'd always assumed that part of the queue would be inside the volcano, not all outside.

I was only pulling your leg, I mentioned this a few posts back to another comment regarding the stairs but it is technically on the internal face of the volcano so kind of inside, just exposed to the elements.

Just noticed the Ohyah and Ohno Drop Slides switch paths and come out on opposite pools. Neat. Also does anyone know if the long canopy topped sections of the water coaster are drops or uphill runs ? If they're drops my excitement for this water coaster just increased 10 fold

I was only pulling your leg, I mentioned this a few posts back to another comment regarding the stairs but it is technically on the internal face of the volcano so kind of inside, just exposed to the elements.
I know mate :thumbsup:

I remember thinking about this ages ago about tunnels throughout the volcano but decided it would never happen as people would feel claustrophobic but then again they would be climbing through tunnels to be put inside a box with a trap bottom.

In the lower left of this pic it looks like there are foundations for more volcano supports. I'm really thinking they will still be building this place in June.

Agreed. I've been saying for months I doubt they will be finish by June. They are shooting for being done in Early/Mid May to open by late may. I think it's very ambitious also considering Orlando's summer weather...

Question - The raised blue walkway with the orange railings - is this the kids area?
This is near one side of the base of the mountain. I think it really clashes with the ruins and other theming they are adding. Not sure what the thought process was for the color palette. Lava on water (orange on blue)?

Question - The raised blue walkway with the orange railings - is this the kids area?
This is near one side of the base of the mountain. I think it really clashes with the ruins and other theming they are adding. Not sure what the thought process was for the color palette. Lava on water (orange on blue)?
Yes its the kid's area.

There once was a stunning fictional tropical volcano island with a bay. Universal build a WATER PARK in it with exciting SLIDES, PLAY AREAS for KIDS and loads of BARS and FOOD stands to make the beautiful but boring place exciting and fun. Then they magically transported it to their resort in Orlando and (almost) every guest played happily ever after.

Reactions: Dan B and Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.