Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Miss Adventure Falls - New Slide at Typhoon Lagoon

Disney's not gonna like that! They are really picky about the manufacturers not taking credit like that.

After coming to this thread after the VB thread it's kind of like "wow, this is the best they could do?". Then again I don't think VB will really hurt their attendance. With the limited availability that VB will have, there may be a boost for all the other waterparks in Orlando with people being turned away. Between that and the closure of Wet N Wild, I'd guess Aquatica will have a big attendance spike this year without adding anything new.

Disney's not gonna like that! They are really picky about the manufacturers not taking credit like that.

After coming to this thread after the VB thread it's kind of like "wow, this is the best they could do?". Then again I don't think VB will really hurt their attendance. With the limited availability that VB will have, there may be a boost for all the other waterparks in Orlando with people being turned away. Between that and the closure of Wet N Wild, I'd guess Aquatica will have a big attendance spike this year without adding anything new.

The only reason I visited Disney water parks 2x last year was because of how insane the line were to get into Aquatica. :lol: It's included in my SeaWorld AP and I can't even get in!

Krakatau looks awesome.

The slides look they plucked things from Wet n' Wild.

More Aquatica than Wet n Wild. Which is fine. They serve the same purpose (and probably same target market) as, say Rip Ride Rockit, which always has a line.

But I don't walk past RRR to Diagon Alley and say, "wow, is this the best they could do?"

Not really, but whatever.

I'm guessing you are one of those that believes IOA is just like Six Flags. "I can see coaster track! This place sucks!"
I'm actually of the belief that IOA is one of the best themed parks in Orlando, only behind DAK as far as immersion. Also, IOA only has 2 big coasters, which add nicely to the skyline. Almost the entire park's (VB) attraction line-up is unthemed and that's where I start taking an issue, especially when they are marketing this as a theme park.

But thanks for jumping to drastic conclusions. By now you should know my stance on most thing, I've only been on the site for 6 years...

And as I have said in the past, i'm sure I will love the park. It's simply not what I thought it would be when Teebin started talking about how it would be a "next level" park.

I don't think that's a bad thing. WnW had the most fun rides.
I'm not saying it's bad at all! The rides at VB look to be the most fund collection of water park slides in Orlando.

They just aren't something I would describe as "awesome".

More Aquatica than Wet n Wild. Which is fine. They serve the same purpose (and probably same target market) as, say Rip Ride Rockit, which always has a line.

But I don't walk past RRR to Diagon Alley and say, "wow, is this the best they could do?"
Exactly. The park will be very popular and as said above, looks to be really fun. It's just different than I originally imagined.

And on the topic of RRR, i'm actually in the minority that likes the coaster. I love the kinetics it provides to the USF skyline.

Last edited:

[First post] Hi. Based on these January photos, when do you estimate the ride will open?

I ask because we are there early April and had seen "March / Spring" mentioned originally. We are too early for VB :-( so really hope this is open as enjoy Teamboat Springs. [Scott_Walker, Thanks for posting the photos]

[First post] Hi. Based on these January photos, when do you estimate the ride will open?

I ask because we are there early April and had seen "March / Spring" mentioned originally. We are too early for VB :-( so really hope this is open as enjoy Teamboat Springs. [Scott_Walker, Thanks for posting the photos]

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

According to this article, it was saying March and quoted the Disney Blog as a source but the blog post is MIA:

New waterslide coming to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon | Blogs

Here are some other aerials but these are over 3 weeks old:

New aerials of Typhoon Lagoon's 'Miss Adventures Falls'

Typhoon Lagoon is closed until 11th March for refurbishment so the construction will be going full steam ahead with zero restrictions. I'd imagine they want the ride open for the park reopening.

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

According to this article, it was saying March and quoted the Disney Blog as a source but the blog post is MIA:

New waterslide coming to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon | Blogs

Here are some other aerials but these are over 3 weeks old:

New aerials of Typhoon Lagoon's 'Miss Adventures Falls'

Typhoon Lagoon is closed until 11th March for refurbishment so the construction will be going full steam ahead with zero restrictions. I'd imagine they want the ride open for the park reopening.
Thank you. That's great to see / hear. Fingers crossed. Cheers

I don't understand what people are talking about. 95% of Miss Adventure Falls is just a free standing slide painted tan. Landscaped with trees. If it was bright red or blue it would look exactly like any slide from volcano bay. It's not embedded in super elaborate rock work in a highly themed environment. It's just a slide with some trees, and some theme elements at the entrance and exit of the ride. The same as volcano bay. I'm glad Disney is adding this attraction but let's not pretend its anything than what it is.

Why people are even comparing this and Volcano Bay is beyond me, one is an entire park that has to have money spent across 18 attractions, theming, catering and paving whilst the other is a single attraction that can have all funds dedicated toward it. That aside neither are finished or in a state that can be judged like a finished product...

Last edited:
I don't understand what people are talking about. 95% of Miss Adventure Falls is just a free standing slide painted tan. Landscaped with trees. If it was bright red or blue it would look exactly like any slide from volcano bay. It's not embedded in super elaborate rock work in a highly themed environment. It's just a slide with some trees, and some theme elements at the entrance and exit of the ride. The same as volcano bay. I'm glad Disney is adding this attraction but let's not pretend its anything than what it is.

It's really all about what you can and can't see. @Owen is spot on, until it's complete, nobody can really have an opinion but can venture an educated guess.

There is one piece of the "theming" visible in the aerial pictures, a part of a shipwreck. I say the word theming lightly because I don't want to start another VB themez debate. Like all rides under construction it's impossible to judge something until you have seen the whole area or ride finished in its themed environment. I'm not saying this will be the most immersive or impressive ride around but until it's done I will reserve judgement and watch the progression. Also I am not trying to ruffle any feathers just giving my opinion.

There is one piece of the "theming" visible in the aerial pictures, a part of a shipwreck. I say the word theming lightly because I don't want to start another VB themez debate. Like all rides under construction it's impossible to judge something until you have seen the whole area or ride finished in its themed environment. I'm not saying this will be the most immersive or impressive ride around but until it's done I will reserve judgement and watch the progression. Also I am not trying to ruffle any feathers just giving my opinion.

Feel free to ruffle feathers, I think it's healthy for debate here. Everybody is valid to their opinion and it should be respected.