Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Or those sensitive to strobes.

For what it's worth, Kong mentions strobes and there are actually no strobe light effects on the ride. They would rather over-exaggerate the expectations of a ride than take an unsuspecting rider with conditions by surprise.

If you have any question, comments, concerns about what's on the advisory board I suggest talking to one of the lovely Greeter Team Members stationed outside the ride's entrance. :geek:

For what it's worth, Kong mentions strobes and there are actually no strobe light effects on the ride. They would rather over-exaggerate the expectations of a ride than take an unsuspecting rider with conditions by surprise.

If you have any question, comments, concerns about what's on the advisory board I suggest talking to one of the lovely Greeter Team Members stationed outside the ride's entrance. :geek:
"Strobe light effects" is not the same as "strobe effects". There doesn't need to be a strobe light to have that effect. For instance, when you ride in a car and there are trees to the side of the road and the sun stands low and shines behind it, that is a strobe effect where light and shadow changes fast.

And then argue about whatever they say, as is apparently the custom.

Well, yeah, most people aren't accustomed to Universal or Disney parks. All regional parks pretty much have coasters out in the open, so that's what they're expecting.

Well, yeah, most people aren't accustomed to Universal or Disney parks. All regional parks pretty much have coasters out in the open, so that's what they're expecting.

But WDW and Universal are attended much more than the regional parks so in reality people should be more familiar with them and how they work than regional parks.

In short, dumb people exist.

But WDW and Universal are attended much more than the regional parks so in reality people should be more familiar with them and how they work than regional parks.

In short, dumb people exist.

That's because people from literally everywhere travel to WDW/Uni. It's a destination. Likewise, people don't travel from everywhere to regional parks. Yet it's still what most are innately familiar with on a consistent basis. There's a lot more regional parks than Uni/Disney parks in the world.

Luckily pregnancy is a temporary condition. Guess they'll just have to come back next year!

haha i was just going to post this. Temporary indeed, 9 months at most. And then bring little Sally for the trip that you responsibly scheduled! :p

Reactions: Joel
Or the family doesn't go at all until the mother's not pregnant anymore... Seems much smarter. And saves money.
With how far out people book vacations, most of the time women don't expect to be pregnant on the vacation that they've already spent thousands on... and theme park tickets aren't refundable. Once those are purchased you're pretty much 100% going.

Reactions: Cheezbat
With how far out people book vacations, most of the time women don't expect to be pregnant on the vacation that they've already spent thousands on... and theme park tickets aren't refundable. Once those are purchased you're pretty much 100% going.
Sounds like better planning and self control is needed then. For both the man and woman.

Oddly enough there is no strobe warnings for Olivanders but there are VERY MUCH strobes in some of the shows. Go figure.

But I've seen these people panicking with their families outside the ride because they're scared of it going "upside down". It's just really funny when I see it.