Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Park Artwork

Work in progress, but this is a rendering I'm working on for my personal South America project intended for Animal Kingdom.

This is Auyán-tepui, a prominent plateau formation in Venezuela made particularly famous in the movie Up. It hosts the Angel Falls, i.e. the tallest waterfall in the world.

The ride inside is called Angel Falls - Voyage Within, hosted by the fictitious ecotourism group "Expediciones Parakupa", and intervened by the power of the falls & the ancient spirit Auyán who guards the entire tepui.

angelfalls_rendering1.jpg
(c) EA|17

I'll share the final rendering soon and then discuss more details about my project. :)

What rendering program do you use. I would love to start learning it. I currently do Sketchup for my own HHN house models.

Please do! I love making/seeing HHN house renderings. But this is all hand-drawn using a drawing tablet (pick a cheap one up at your local pawn shop near any art school) and Autodesk Sketchbook (which is only $30 for a whole year).

Please do! I love making/seeing HHN house renderings. But this is all hand-drawn using a drawing tablet (pick a cheap one up at your local pawn shop near any art school) and Autodesk Sketchbook (which is only $30 for a whole year).
Gonna have to pick that up. Would a Surface Pro work?

Work in progress, but this is a rendering I'm working on for my personal South America project intended for Animal Kingdom.

This is Auyán-tepui, a prominent plateau formation in Venezuela made particularly famous in the movie Up. It hosts the Angel Falls, i.e. the tallest waterfall in the world.

The ride inside is called Angel Falls - Voyage Within, hosted by the fictitious ecotourism group "Expediciones Parakupa", and intervened by the power of the falls & the ancient spirit Auyán who guards the entire tepui.

View attachment 3702
(c) EA|17

I'll share the final rendering soon and then discuss more details about my project. :)

This would look fantastic if Disney decided to do something similar to this for Up. I think they could create an area in AK with the house on the top of the mountains with the balloons blowing about in the wind and create a ride similar to Fallon with it set inside the house itself.

I'm getting a serious Cars Land vibe from this which I think is hands down the most impressively themed land any where.

Great job, mate! :cheers:

This would look fantastic if Disney decided to do something similar to this for Up. I think they could create an area in AK with the house on the top of the mountains with the balloons blowing about in the wind and create a ride similar to Fallon with it set inside the house itself.

I'm getting a serious Cars Land vibe from this which I think is hands down the most impressively themed land any where.

Great job, mate! :cheers:
First thing that came to my mind too, was UP. Loved that movie. Maybe the most touching 20 minute opening ever.

I've been meaning to watch it again, I've only seen it once but that opening makes a Scottish man cry more than he should.
Anyone that doesn't get choked UP during that opening has a heart of wood....Great movie. Can't understand why Disney never did more with it at the theme parks, short of a foamhead walking around.

Hey guys,

Take a look at my all new project,

"The Foodbike" - Product design subject for my school of Design :)

We have developed in group of three, this candy stall !
I've fully imagined and created the architecture of this one, and just finished the final illustration.

(low res version)
5alz.jpg

First thing that came to my mind too, was UP. Loved that movie. Maybe the most touching 20 minute opening ever.
I remember watching UP for the first time and I am one to usually cry close to the end of a movie, but UP had me in tears early on in the film. The movie was fantastic and one I need to watch again soon.

Small update to the rendering I previously posted:

angelfalls_rendering_web.jpg

ALSO I am now currently employed FT at a local fabrication company that creates theme park set pieces and props. This is my very first and confident step into the realm of themed attraction design, and I could not be happier or more excited to be doing what I'm doing! I am working on projects that I cannot share, but that many of you will unknowingly pass by or interact with when a certain themed attraction opens soon. Really exciting stuff.

View attachment 4015

ALSO I am now currently employed FT at a local fabrication company that creates theme park set pieces and props. This is my very first and confident step into the realm of themed attraction design, and I could not be happier or more excited to be doing what I'm doing! I am working on projects that I cannot share, but that many of you will unknowingly pass by or interact with when a certain themed attraction opens soon. Really exciting stuff.
:thumbsup:....Life is best when you can be happy and fulfilled by your work. Congratulations.

View attachment 4015

Congratulations! That's awesome.

View attachment 4015

I don't even know you, but I'm super happy for you. Doing something you love is the best way to live a content life. I wish to impact the world someday with my art, and for you the same. CONGRATULATIONS!

Last edited:

View attachment 4015

That's awesome. Very happy for you!

As someone bored, I decided to do a what if on if Universal Hollywood is going forward with Fallon.

Love the idea of having a few art deco facades facing the Universal Plaza tower; they'd complement each other nicely. And what WWoHP additions do you mean? What would you replace Cartooniversal with?

Love the idea of having a few art deco facades facing the Universal Plaza tower; they'd complement each other nicely. And what WWoHP additions do you mean? What would you replace Cartooniversal with?

The main rumor for Cartooniversal is a Animation/Hello Kitty based store, along with a family center.

I'd keep that as it is, but incorporate a mix of a spanish/art deco.

As for Potter, some of it is stuff from Osaka, in particular; the fire effects for one being a show at the Tri-Wizard stage like the Osaka, and the other being one from Osaka itself.

As for Fallon, I'd agree. And that it is feasible that they can do it for a mid to late summer launch. But from what it seems, they are doing something more-or-less cheaper.