Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 178 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, I certainly don't consider myself a fan of Fallon (I'm more Colbert, Jon Oliver and Bill Maher... so I guess you can tell I like political comedy), but I do know a lot of Fallon's bits and I don't really mind what the second floor offers.

Now if you're a staunch Fallon hater, then yeah, that second floor is gonna be your personal hell.

I never hated Fallon, just didn't watch his show and didn't care to. That second floor looked awful to me. Like being at a furry convention.

Reactions: DrakeParker
Well, I certainly don't consider myself a fan of Fallon (I'm more Colbert, Jon Oliver and Bill Maher... so I guess you can tell I like political comedy), but I do know a lot of Fallon's bits and I don't really mind what the second floor offers.

Now if you're a staunch Fallon hater, then yeah, that second floor is gonna be your personal hell.

Fallon's strengths IMO are the bits. Those bits get a lot of views and likes on the YouTube. Completely agree though about being a Fallon hater.

But gets in where? The final loading area preshow?

No. The first load. Only way to really tell how long they'll have to "wait" is when virtual finally rolls out.

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
No. They just walk in immediately. They don't skip a waiting area.

Walk in to the waiting area museum thingy...?

And then have to wait out the color cycle..?

Which the number of acts on the second floor suggests will still be about 10-15mins per level?

As I said before - that will not go over well.

So really the only difference between Express and Virtual is Express has the freedom to walk in at any point whereas virtual has to reserve a ride. Not much of a boon for express, imo.

Exactly.

But again, can't really say what impact it has yet and what the average "wait" will be. For people who aren't regulars, the whole selling point is that everything is part of the experience, so it's masked. For us who go daily/weekly..... well, you know how that goes.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Ya know what? This is real easy to figure out.

Who has a pic of the peacock?
200px-NBC_logo.svg.png

Ok the peacock has 6 colors.

Two theaters, meaning you have to wait a minimum of 3 ride cycles to ride if they loop the colors (doing otherwise would be insane.)

That's 3 ride cycles per floor.

Most simulators are about 5 mins long.

That's 15mins per floor.

Express buyers will not like that.

Reactions: DrakeParker
Exactly.

But again, can't really say what impact it has yet and what the average "wait" will be. For people who aren't regulars, the whole selling point is that everything is part of the experience, so it's masked. For us who go daily/weekly..... well, you know how that goes.
I like the idea of it, but I don't like that I have to reserve a time. That's my main issue. Although i'm sure the virtual queue is partly because it seems like a fairly low capacity ride and they need to manage how many people are in the building at one time as well to create a pleasant enough experience.

This is also why i'm not necessarily looking forward to VB as much as the rides are telling me to. I love the ability to just get in line, no matter the wait. I don't want to have to reserve everything in order to do everything.

I just hope this doesn't roll out to too many other rides in the parks.

Two theaters, meaning you have to wait a minimum of 3 ride cycles to ride if they loop the colors (doing otherwise would be insane.)

That's 15mins per floor.

That actually sounds about right... :lol:

But again, the whole experience is the selling point. If they waited 30 min on 1st floor - I'd agree; but with the 2nd floor and the stuff to do (opinions not withstanding) - they won't realize they waited 30. Either way, easy Corporate Speak to combat it....

"Express only guarantees a lower wait time than Regular." - which in theory, they would have.

I like the idea of it, but I don't like that I have to reserve a time. That's my main issue. Although i'm sure the virtual queue is partly because it seems like a fairly low capacity ride and they need to manage how many people are in the building at one time as well to create a pleasant enough experience.

I just hope this doesn't roll out to too many other rides.

I think it's possible for future B/C tickets - depending on IP.

Depends on the ride time and load/unload but it's near 1700 or so, maybe 1500 if load is really long.

That's not a bad number given the total park attendance.

There should be a constant 144 guests on each floor with a peak period of 216 if they get backed up.

How do they fill empty seats? Like, is there a line for people to fill in for those who don't show up when their color is called?

And what do they do if they end up with too many people returning because a party missed their first call?

That's 15mins per floor.

I don't think people are buying Express just for this attraction.

Reactions: Joel