Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, I saw several of the Ragtime Gal shows and they sound amazing to me. I'm sick of people being so overly critical of performers on DAY 1. Enough with it. There will tons of guys who do these roles. Some you'll like better than others. But just because you saw 1 performance on a YouTube clip, of 1 cast of guys on the first day of performances doesn't mean you've seen it all. They have several set lists. I haven't seen 1 video of their super harmonized performances. And NEWSFLASH a lot of them are dapper dans too. Save your internet troll dom for another day and stop being so discouraging! Such ugly people on here!

Yeah, I saw several of the Ragtime Gal shows and they sound amazing to me. I'm sick of people being so overly critical of performers on DAY 1. Enough with it. There will tons of guys who do these roles. Some you'll like better than others. But just because you saw 1 performance on a YouTube clip, of 1 cast of guys on the first day of performances doesn't mean you've seen it all. They have several set lists. I haven't seen 1 video of their super harmonized performances. And NEWSFLASH a lot of them are dapper dans too. Save your internet troll dom for another day and stop being so discouraging! Such ugly people on here!
i mean i think its fair to give an opinion with the caveat of understanding its day one

I can only speak for two people that have hotel Express for most days of their Universal vacations (Myself & my GF), but we will absolutely love that we will be able to experience these excellent pre shows. We would actually be disappointed if they rushed us right onto the ride & bypassed the pre shows. That's an "essential" part of the total attraction. As examples, if they bypassed the preshows on Despicable Me, Simpsons and even Shrek, we would also be disappointed. They're all very entertaining and the attractions would be lacking if they were ride only.

To the person saying the sinnging was sub par, would love to you be in it, singing and dancing for about 30 minutes with a 5 minute break and still sound great
They can't reasonably not have two casts of Ragtime Gals at a given time if they are performing that much.

They did in fact paint over the mural over the exit stairs. Not sure if we confirmed that or not.

View attachment 3798

Yup. Wonder if they'll just add a simple Tonight Show logo instead.

Another thing to keep in mind, and not saying all are guilty of this, but AGAIN - yesterday was Day 1 of tech rehearsals (and Day 2 of operation after TM previews). There will be some kinks with how ops flows, and they may purposely do some things to prepare for those situations when its officially opened. You gotta cut a bit of slack.

Why did they get rid of it?
This wall is blank now:

IMG_1867.jpg

Must've been too distracting while walking down exit stairs.

Reactions: Joel
Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon Soft Opens [HASHTAG]#FallonRide[/HASHTAG] Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon Soft Opens – Orlando United
From what I've seen and read so far, it seems to be a significant upgrade over Twister. Plus it has really improved the sight lines on the NYC streets area. We always knew it was screens for the ride, which understandably some are tired of, but it's refreshing that Universal added live entertainment and a beautiful museum & authentic 30 Rock experience to the attraction. And I'm really happy with the return of the Universal attraction concept of pre show & ride combined being a apx. 25-30 minute entertainment experience. Haven't experienced it yet, I will in eight weeks, but so far my expectations have been exceeded. Seems to be a lot there for a D ticket filler attraction. I greatly enjoy Despicable Me and Simpsons, so this ride being somewhat similar, should please my tastes. I'm looking forward to experiencing this, whereas before I was kind of blah on the project.

From what I've seen and read so far, it seems to be a significant upgrade over Twister. Plus it has really improved the sight lines on the NYC streets area. We always knew it was screens for the ride, which understandably some are tired of, but it's refreshing that Universal added live entertainment and a beautiful museum & authentic 30 Rock experience to the attraction. And I'm really happy with the return of the Universal attraction concept of pre show & ride combined being a apx. 25-30 minute entertainment experience. Haven't experienced it yet, I will in eight weeks, but so far my expectations have been exceeded. Seems to be a lot there for a D ticket filler attraction. I greatly enjoy Despicable Me and Simpsons, so this ride being somewhat similar, should please my tastes. I'm looking forward to experiencing this, whereas before I was kind of blah on the project.

Not that it matters but I wonder if the reaction would have been better if UNI had went with Dynamic Attractions Flying Theatre.