Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Dragon Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the logic behind Godrics hollow. More opportunity for food, shops etc. However, Godrics Hollow is not very visually appealing and the location doesn't really make sense. Plus I'd really like Universal to move away from villages.

Show us what you can do with a natural setting. To get more food and bev - TEAR DOWN THAT WALL - and expand Hogsmead. Add a tea shop, a real Zonkos, let Three Broomsticks absorb the Hogshead and create a freestanding Hogsheads bar. If you're felling ballsy, use the Hogsheads Arianna tunnel to connect to a Hogwarts dining hall experience. Hell, build the whole tunnel under a berm as part of the Forrest. Go all out.

#UnexpectedRantOver

Last edited:
Remember, my Godric's Hollow guess is just that. A guess.
Guys, Dave (Disney Head) is just throwing out a personal guess on Godric. Nothing to get excited about. We have no idea what the theme is at this time. Only that it'll be something in the Rowling world, one big attraction, one small attraction, with some sort of land theme involved. If it happens.

That's the arena "Dragon Challenge" is based on. I was hoping that's what the rockwork was a reference to.

Can't believe I havent considered Godrics Hollow with me being a hardcore fan. It'd be cool to get a Fantastic Beasts version of Dinosaur. The story line is similar with tracking down a creature and whatnot. Forbidden forest would be the perfect setting.

The only issue with a theoretical Godric's Hollow setting is that it's thoroughly unremarkable in terms of aesthetics. Remarkable events transpired there, but basically it's just a small town. I think it would require more of a storytelling reach to place a satisfying ride there than, say, the Forbidden Forest would. But could they find a way to do it? Probably.

It'd be hard, cohesively, to put anything but Forbidden Forest in there (maybe an expansion of Hogsmeade, maybe more of the tri-wizard tourney). Beyond the physcial
location, HE really spells out that that is what you are going to experience there. Centaurs, Merfolk, the lake, creative could really knock that out of the park!

Universal have their work cut out to create a stand out forest/landscaping environment type with Pandora down the road. I feel like the crux of s forbidden Forrest area would have to be a great AA based (with screen integration if done well) dark ride....maybe a coaster too like thirteen at Alton Towers, just done much much better.

Universal have their work cut out to create a stand out forest/landscaping environment type with Pandora down the road. I feel like the crux of s forbidden Forrest area would have to be a great AA based (with screen integration if done well) dark ride....maybe a coaster too like thirteen at Alton Towers, just done much much better.

If it's one thing Universal can do well now, it's highly themed landscapes. All the tit for tat games being played make this such a fascinating time to be a theme park fan. Universal open Diagon. Disney open Avatar as a response. Universal open VB. Disney open Star Wars. Universal open Nintendo or more HP. Disney respond for their 50th anniversary.

As knoxmyers pointed out, there is a vast wealth of material to work with when it comes to the forest, particularly in light of the Fantastic Beasts franchise because many of the creatures featured are native to Britain in the canon. Though Flight of the Hippogryph is wonderful, I lament a more immersive experience. That scene in the film was very powerful.
Potentially fun ideas include thestral flights, the Ford Angela, centaurs, an encounter with Blast Ended Screwts, the obscure yet hilarious idea of a Jarvey, Phoenix, snakes, a more prolonged Aragog encounter, Occamys, and dozens of other mentioned animals. Though I don't believe it's in the cards, a walking tour of the forest featuring some lesser seen creatures from the books and films would be incredibly satisfying.

If it's one thing Universal can do well now, it's highly themed landscapes. All the tit for tat games being played make this such a fascinating time to be a theme park fan. Universal open Diagon. Disney open Avatar as a response. Universal open VB. Disney open Star Wars. Universal open Nintendo or more HP. Disney respond for their 50th anniversary.

Yup...I love it.

Some people critique because they like one resort and not the other...anything I criticise for is from a position of wanting every park to be the best it can be. I love it all...Seaworld, Busch, Aquatica...Orlando in general...everything.

I was incredibly frustrated with Disney in 2015 (hadn't been to Orlando for a while, and the lack of progress bothered me) but with new things on the way I feel completely different about the future of the place. In a weird way, it's kind of turned on its head over the past year...I'm more concerned with what Uni are doing right now...I'm hoping their decisions over the next few years are the right ones, or any progress they've made will have been for nothing, in the long run.

Yup...I love it.

Some people critique because they like one resort and not the other...anything I criticise for is from a position of wanting every park to be the best it can be. I love it all...Seaworld, Busch, Aquatica...Orlando in general...everything.

I was incredibly frustrated with Disney in 2015 (hadn't been to Orlando for a while, and the lack of progress bothered me) but with new things on the way I feel completely different about the future of the place. In a weird way, it's kind of turned on its head over the past year...I'm more concerned with what Uni are doing right now...I'm hoping their decisions over the next few years are the right ones, or any progress they've made will have been for nothing, in the long run.

I was pretty much in the same boat as you last year. I last went in 2013 and there was very little new. Low expectations probably lead to the greatest Disney World experience I ever had.

Universal with their new direction has woken up Disney (They won't ever admit it but I can't see as much development from them if it was from Unviersal) and this has lead to a new golden age in Orlando.

I was pretty much in the same boat as you last year. I last went in 2013 and there was very little new. Low expectations probably lead to the greatest Disney World experience I ever had.

Universal with their new direction has woken up Disney (They won't ever admit it but I can't see as much development from them if it was from Unviersal) and this has lead to a new golden age in Orlando.
Golden Age of Skreenz, Slidez, & Boatz,:peace: and I am not a Crookz (Nixon)

Perception is everything. When I wasn't in a great place with Disney I saw their AA's as old fashioned and Unis screens as revolutionary...Disney had fallen behind in the game and had been overtaken. Now as Uni have gone a bit overboard, and dare I saw, in certain places half-a**ed, that's swung around as Uni being lazy and falling behind at their own game. Turning their competitive advantage into a negative and making their own products redundant (relatively speaking) .I don't think it helps Unis cause at the moment that the most impressive modern use of screens in an attraction is a Disney one, all be it in China.

The last few years has definitely made me more appreciative of what every resort has to offer...and where things are heading.

To swing this back round to Potter phase 3...I think the reason I'm hoping for it is I think under Warners creative watch, Uni will deliver a much needed home run...they'll need it after F&F.

If F&F goes the way many expect, that'll be 2015 Kong - mixed response, 2016 fallon, mixed response, F&F...that's hardly 3 stellar years for the 2 parks...when they're sitting on the Marvel rights, Potter rights, and have Jurassic World in their back pocket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.