Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're going to build a new ride in two years, I question how much in-depth theming there will be. This isn't doubting Disneyhead but more considering that they simply wouldn't have time to go all out. Maybe we could look at other recent projects (ex. Kong, Gringotts, etc.) as examples of what to expect.

Entire diagon alley was built in 2 years

If I were to bet, it could be faster considering that the only new attraction could just be the replacement of DC (and that's if it's a coaster).

There could actually be a good time-line with the attraction, if they start work by Labor Day (although I have to wonder of the possibility that could entail of it being halted due to Adventura and Nintendo but that's just me).

If I were to bet, it could be faster considering that the only new attraction could just be the replacement of DC (and that's if it's a coaster).

There could actually be a good time-line with the attraction, if they start work by Labor Day (although I have to wonder of the possibility that could entail of it being halted due to Adventura and Nintendo but that's just me).

Universal is capable of doing many things at once. And anything potter will always be a priority.

It would also depend on how far along they are in the development. Wasn't Transformers constructed in about a year and Kong slowed down by the new ride system? If they use an existing or modified design (not Spiderman or Transformers, perhaps from another park), use a tried and true ride system and they're very familiar with that particular piece of property, it could happen. I recall Uni patent "wand and spell" shooter ride, would that fit any current design? I'm not very familiar with Studios, Japan or Singapore, so I'm not really sure.

It would also depend on how far along they are in the development. Wasn't Transformers constructed in about a year and Kong slowed down by the new ride system? If they use an existing or modified design (not Spiderman or Transformers, perhaps from another park), use a tried and true ride system and they're very familiar with that particular piece of property, it could happen. I recall Uni patent "wand and spell" shooter ride, would that fit any current design? I'm not very familiar with Studios, Japan or Singapore, so I'm not really sure.

Transformers was a carbon copy of an existing ride. It's no where near what's involved with building a different ride, even if it's using the same ride system. You cannot use it as an estimate of the time it takes to build a ride.

While I'll admit a DC replacement by the end of 2019 is far more likely than Nintendo being open in 2019, it's still not something that I'd remotely expect to happen unless it's "just a coaster".

For the record, I'm still convinced we'll see a Great Hall restaurant as part of this.
We've been convinced that we'd get a Great Hall restaurant since the deal was announced with Universal in 2008(?), 2 other Hogsmeade's have opened and we still don't have a restaurant yet.

This is something i'll believe when I see.

We've been convinced that we'd get a Great Hall restaurant since the deal was announced with Universal in 2008(?), 2 other Hogsmeade's have opened and we still don't have a restaurant yet.

This is something i'll believe when I see.
I agree, also area is too small for restaurants if you ask me, plus it would make little sense to have the great hall not attached to the castle.

I had heard that the D.C. replacement was the 2019 project. But it was supposed to be closed months ago.

I think VB is slowing down several projects. WnW was also supposed to be gone by now too.

@Disneyhead, this might just be wishful thinking/semantics at this point, but was the use of "replacement" vs "replacements" done on purpose?

Which means, yes (multiple), but I can't tell. :lol:
Note the " like"(from Disneyhead) in the previous post. :).....Sooooo, I take it that DC will be replaced by multiple attractions. My guess is an enclosed dark ride coaster (D or E ticket) and a smaller C ticket attraction. Completed in late 2019 to go up against SWL. Maybe a couple of additional buildings, one housing a small sit down (but not a Great Hall) or quick service restaurant. Finish date being pushed back a bit due to VB work. And, I'm guessing an enclosed coaster is something that can be completed within a decent time frame. ....That's my take. :)

Last edited:
Note the " like" in the previous post. :).....Sooooo, I take it that DC will be replaced by multiple attractions. My guess is an enclosed dark ride coaster (D or E ticket) and a smaller C ticket attraction. Completed in late 2019 to go up against SWL. Maybe a couple of additional buildings, one housing a small sit down (but not a Great Hall) or quick service restaurant. Finish date being pushed back a bit due to VB work. And, I'm guessing an enclosed coaster is something that can be completed within a decent time frame. ....That's my take. :)
Sounds plausible, probable

Reactions: Nico and Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.