Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love them to fit a plunge in the lake in, interact with giant squid and mer-folk, throw in a little water a-la Spiderman and Kong or don't, let the sets and screens (but hopefully more sets imo, not a stance just a good juxtaposition with FJ) take you there.
Yes, they could stick with a Tri-Wizard tournament theme honestly...The labyrinth would be fun as well

Reactions: knoxmyers
Yes, they could stick with a Tri-Wizard tournament theme honestly...The labyrinth would be fun as well

They could work in one of the Mack coasters (I think that is who makes it) which can make sharp turns. Encounter a monster and then the coaster makes a hard right. They could even work a backwards section into it.

Disneyhead has been saying the DC replacement will be opening in 2019, so I'd expect the coaster will go down sometime in the next six months or so. Dave's (Disneyhead) info is usually pretty reliable. He's definitely top tier as Insiders go. And he's a good personal friend who's knowledge of theme parks is absolutely incredible. And remember, Dave made the call on Jaws closing "way" before anyone else in the business had any inkling. I think you can put money on this one if you are a betting person. :)

Disneyhead has been saying the DC replacement will be opening in 2019, so I'd expect the coaster will go down sometime in the next six months or so. Dave's (Disneyhead) info is usually pretty reliable. He's definitely top tier as Insiders go. And he's a good personal friend who's knowledge of theme parks is absolutely incredible. And remember, Dave made the call on Jaws closing "way" before anyone else in the business had any inkling. I think you can put money on this one if you are a betting person. :)

If they're going to build a new ride in two years, I question how much in-depth theming there will be. This isn't doubting Disneyhead but more considering that they simply wouldn't have time to go all out. Maybe we could look at other recent projects (ex. Kong, Gringotts, etc.) as examples of what to expect.

Reactions: Andysol
If they're going to build a new ride in two years, I question how much in-depth theming there will be. This isn't doubting Disneyhead but more considering that they simply wouldn't have time to go all out. Maybe we could look at other recent projects (ex. Kong, Gringotts, etc.) as examples of what to expect.
:agree: This needs to be torn down yesterday if they have a shot at an in depth theme by 2019. They did Hulk in what- 7, 8 months? But Kong was significantly longer (2.5 years?). Can someone confirm those times. This would clearly be more in line with the latter.
Clearly, JK wouldn't accept something that's less than perfect as far as theming goes. So I'm ok with whatever they decide.

I said this in the Nintendo thread a while ago. I think a new potter area should go head to head against Star Wars. It won't win, but anyone seeing both will see the WWoHP a vastly superior and more fleshed out area than SWL. If only due to the size and scope spanning two parks and over twice the acreage and rides as SWL. So once those comparisons come out favorably for Universal- the anticipation for SNL in 2020 will only grow and it'll be a must see.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Time wise. Take a look at how far along F&F is, and that was with a couple of month delay on the building to do some configuration changes & deconstruction. . I doubt SWL will be ready until late 2019 at the best, so they really probably have until late 2019 to get this done. ....And, if its not a real ambitious technically innovative ride system, that makes the task even easier. Do I think Universal could build something in that time line? Sure they can. They're not Disney.

:agree: This needs to be torn down yesterday if they have a shot at an in depth theme by 2019. They did Hulk in what- 7, 8 months? But Kong was significantly longer (2.5 years?). Can someone confirm those times. This would clearly be more in line with the latter.
Clearly, JK wouldn't accept something that's less than perfect as far as theming goes. So I'm ok with whatever they decide.

I said this in the Nintendo thread a while ago. I think a new potter area should go head to head against Star Wars. It won't win, but anyone seeing both will see the WWoHP a vastly superior and more fleshed out area than SWL. If only due to the size and scope spanning two parks and over twice the acreage and rides as SWL. So once those comparisons come out favorably for Universal- the anticipation for SNW in 2020 will only grow and it'll be a must see.
FTFY

Reactions: Andysol
Construction takes time and resources. They have a lot of projects going on at the same time. VB is in super rush mode, so that's sucking up extra everything available. Saying "just add more people and money" is cute and all, but there are only so many skilled and experienced people out there. And you can't discount that Disney has a lot of people tied up on their projects too. Eventually, you reach a point where you can't reasonably do any more projects until others are done. We may be looking at that point. You really don't want them hiring inferior workers to do these projects. And you really don't want them over spending on all of these projects in the name of speed. ROI gets a lot harder then and future projects get cut.

It'll be interesting to see how they approach things going forward if they want to build out the southern property, build whatever at WNW and do Nintendo all at the same time.

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
Construction takes time and resources. They have a lot of projects going on at the same time. VB is in super rush mode, so that's sucking up extra everything available. Saying "just add more people and money" is cute and all, but there are only so many skilled and experienced people out there. And you can't discount that Disney has a lot of people tied up on their projects too. Eventually, you reach a point where you can't reasonably do any more projects until others are done. We may be looking at that point. You really don't want them hiring inferior workers to do these projects. And you really don't want them over spending on all of these projects in the name of speed. ROI gets a lot harder then and future projects get cut.

It'll be interesting to see how they approach things going forward if they want to build out the southern property, build whatever at WNW and do Nintendo all at the same time.
Yep. Hearing they & vendors are desperate for talented people. So many projects for the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.